krissyjoe

letter of intent to marry

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would just like to know if the letter of intent to marry is still needed for the interview? I have here the copy of what my fiancee send to the nVC would that work? and also my friend is worried because she doesn't have a copy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you need an UPDATED letter for the interview. New words, new signature, new date closer to the interview date.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Yes you need an UPDATED letter for the interview. New words, new signature, new date closer to the interview date.

Updated is the operative word. Not necessarily new words as it is still a letter certifying intent to marry, but definitely new date, and new signature.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Updated is the operative word. Not necessarily new words as it is still a letter certifying intent to marry, but definitely new date, and new signature.

My interviewer compaired the letters to see if he wrote a new one or just re-dated the old one. Not worth risking RFE for something so small that you can just re-write easly.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

My interviewer compaired the letters to see if he wrote a new one or just re-dated the old one. Not worth risking RFE for something so small that you can just re-write easly.

Are you sure he was checking for a new letter and not just making sure that it is indeed an updated letter and not a copy of the old one? If memory serves correctly, we just re-dated the old letter and I think added a statement to the effect that this was to serve as an updated 'intent to marry' statement, signed it and presented it at the interview. The CO at the interview does not give RFE's, those are only issued at USCIS during the adjudication process. I've never heard of a visa being refused because a letter of intent to marry was re-dated/signed and not a new-one written.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Are you sure he was checking for a new letter and not just making sure that it is indeed an updated letter and not a copy of the old one? If memory serves correctly, we just re-dated the old letter and I think added a statement to the effect that this was to serve as an updated 'intent to marry' statement, signed it and presented it at the interview. The CO at the interview does not give RFE's, those are only issued at USCIS during the adjudication process. I've never heard of a visa being refused because a letter of intent to marry was re-dated/signed and not a new-one written.

The interviewer I had specifically said " good he wrote a whole new one as requested in the packet " He was not checking just for a new date he read both of them infront of me outloud. They were both short letters.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.