navyswife

Proof of Domicile buying ticket airline for 2 of us?

9 posts in this topic

My husband maintained his domicile thru this:

-Maintained US bank account ( He printed a bank statement online)

-Paying monthly what he owes 2007 tax ( We have his tax receipt every time he pays and it was sent here in the Philippies)

-Maintained his Credit card ( Printed his summary statement that he is paying it monthly)

-Maintained paying his life insurance (Printed summary statement online he is paying it monthly)

-Maintained his driver license insurance still valid till 2012

-We have a letter of house agreement that we will live with his brother and mother (notarized)

-We have a invoice from ebay on what he purchased online and it was delivered in the house where we are going to live in the states (printed online showing the bill address of our US domicile)

Some bills addressed to US domicile address, can they just email it to us and print it?

But my husband still worries a little with all these US domicile they might send him back to the states. As much as possible he want us together to fly ....he is disabled yes he can walk but has a cane, the time he flew here in the PI,when he purchased a ticket it was with wheelchair request.... He was thinking how about purchasing an air ticket to show them we will fly together, is it advisable or just fine to do it? Interview is next month.... any idea about all these things pls help....

I would not buy tickets before your visa gets approved because you never know if it will be granted right away.

The list of evidence he prepared looks pretty good to me.

We provided only bank statements, driver license and shed payment statements, but got approved with no problem.

Good luck on your interview!

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

My husband maintained his domicile thru this:

-Maintained US bank account ( He printed a bank statement online)

-Paying monthly what he owes 2007 tax ( We have his tax receipt every time he pays and it was sent here in the Philippies)

-Maintained his Credit card ( Printed his summary statement that he is paying it monthly)

-Maintained paying his life insurance (Printed summary statement online he is paying it monthly)

-Maintained his driver license insurance still valid till 2012

-We have a letter of house agreement that we will live with his brother and mother (notarized)

-We have a invoice from ebay on what he purchased online and it was delivered in the house where we are going to live in the states (printed online showing the bill address of our US domicile)

Some bills addressed to US domicile address, can they just email it to us and print it?

But my husband still worries a little with all these US domicile they might send him back to the states. As much as possible he want us together to fly ....he is disabled yes he can walk but has a cane, the time he flew here in the PI,when he purchased a ticket it was with wheelchair request.... He was thinking how about purchasing an air ticket to show them we will fly together, is it advisable or just fine to do it? Interview is next month.... any idea about all these things pls help....

9 FAM 40.41 N6.1-2 Establishing U.S. Domicile

(CT:VISA-1317; 09-24-2009)

a. A petitioner living abroad not meeting the criteria in 9 FAM 40.41 N6.1-1

who wishes to qualify as a sponsor must satisfy you:

(1) That he or she has taken steps to establish a domicile in the United

States;

(2) That he or she has either already taken up physical residence in the

United States or will do so currently with the applicant;

(3) The sponsor does not have to precede the applicant to the United

States but, if he or she does not do so, he or she must at least

arrive in the United States concurrently with the applicant;

(4) The sponsor must establish an address (a house, an apartment, or

arrangements for accommodations with family or friend) and either

must have already taken up physical residence in the United States;

or(5) Must at a minimum to satisfy you that he or she intends to take up

residence there no later than the time of the applicant’s

immigration to the United States.

source: U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

'buying airline tickets for the jump after interview day' is not a sign of anything useful for adjudicating an immigrant visa application .

Most IV units post wording on their websites, to the effect of :

'We suggest that you not buy air tickets prior to interview day, as we cannot guarantee that the visa will be issued in a timely fashion. You should NOT make travel plans until you have visa in hand.'

Proving up Domicile is a very different beast, for a DCF'd I-130.

Proving up Domicile is a totally different beast, as well, if the USC Spouse lives overseas with foreign wife, and files that I-130 petition to the lockbox in Chicago.

But hei - the Canadiens have it all sussed out - you should read, from Page 1 to the end --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/164618-proving-domicile-when-not-living-in-the-us/

then map out your plan of attack.

Seriously.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks for all your responds....We will take the chance not him returning to the US since he has all what was in the instructions about domicile..yeah hes kinda hesitating to purchase a ticket ahead of time so more better just to wait thanks for the advise. Thanks tommy and rizza..thanks also darnell, redglasses. If the consul will still be not satisfied then my husband said there is no problem if consul want him go back first in the US. Include us in your prayers :)

Timeline

I pray to the God that you will click the link that I supplied, and read it from beginning to end.

Please, Oh God, make it so...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I pray to the God that you will click the link that I supplied, and read it from beginning to end.

yeah thanks we did :) ....but does it depends from country to country? Also we have read trailmix points there and some other and it was all helpful ...

Timeline

The 'definitions', alas, are the same - as is the 'proof of domicile' vs 'proof of re-establishing domicile' - all is same same.

Canadiens seem to 'do it more often', as the border can be driven over easily, hence the big discussion in the Canada forum.

As Trailmix posted in that thread the adjucators field manual is Law all the rest is heresay

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.