ADMIRE

Do I have to it all again? My interview was tough!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had a real tough interview. I was asked all sorts of questions, and my interview must have lasted about 20-25minutes. The major setback had to do with our marriage occuring close after hubby's divorce from his previous marriage. Previous marriage started and ended quite shortly too. So according to the CO, it made our marriage seem suspicious. But after 5 years and 2 children........!!!

I was able to answer most of his questions best as i could. He asked what hubby does? checked the stamps on his passports (he asked for copies of his PP, thank God, i had them with me!)to see his goings and comings. Asked how many siblings he has, how many was married. Asked what job the co-sponsor does, asked if he was married, if he had children, where does he live, where does he work.

If I had ever applied for a visit visa b4, and so so many more questions.

At the end he gave me a letter to the High Court requesting them to authenticate the divorce certs. A second letter stating that i was refused visa under section 221g of the law for insufficient documentation, to rebook another appointment with the embassy when i have the requested document ready.

So far...

Got the needed document from the Courts and already sent the email requesting for another interview date.

My question now is this: what happens next, does anybody know? Would i have to go through the whole drill again? or would they just deal with the requested document?

Pls tell meif u know.

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had a real tough interview. I was asked all sorts of questions, and my interview must have lasted about 20-25minutes. The major setback had to do with our marriage occuring close after hubby's divorce from his previous marriage. Previous marriage started and ended quite shortly too. So according to the CO, it made our marriage seem suspicious. But after 5 years and 2 children........!!!

I was able to answer most of his questions best as i could. He asked what hubby does? checked the stamps on his passports (he asked for copies of his PP, thank God, i had them with me!)to see his goings and comings. Asked how many siblings he has, how many was married. Asked what job the co-sponsor does, asked if he was married, if he had children, where does he live, where does he work.

At the end he gave me a letter to the High Court requesting them to authenticate the divorce certs. A second letter stating that i was refused visa under section 221g of the law for insufficient documentation, to rebook another appointment with the embassy when i have the requested document ready.

So far...

Got the needed document from the Courts and already sent the email requesting for another interview date.

My question now is this: what happens next, does anybody know? Would i have to go through the whole drill again? or would they just deal with the requested document?

Pls tell meif u know.

44 views, no comment. why do i feel so alone?

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So far...

Pls tell meif u know.

Generally, they just deal with the document they asked for. They may have a few more questions. In most Consulates, you would only submit the documents without speaking to an actual Consular Officer but in Lagos, it's more common to have a second interview when the document(s) are submitted.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

44 views, no comment. why do i feel so alone?

Sorry to hear the news Admire. I guess people don't really know what kind of advice to give for Lagos and the folks who have been through Lagos aren't on here as often. I'm sure someone with some experience will chime in soon. I don't have any experience with them yet or I would share.

Pushbrk, thanks for your response.

Road to Citizenship

04/23/2014 - N-400 Package Sent

04/25/2014 - N-400 Package Delivered

04/30/2014 - Received electronic notification

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They have asked for a validated document, while you are doing this they may go through the rest of the file and ask some minor questions but I wouldn't expect a stage one grilling. Did they keep any other documents ? They may be checking those. Lagos is so hard to say anything for sure. They sometimes deny at ramdom.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry for the late replies. Since you have all the documents ready to be submitted, make sure that you email the consulate requesting for another interview date. As I previously stated in one of your other post, there's no definite answer as to if you will get approved, denied, placed on AP, many different scenarios. It depends on the discretion of the Counsalar officer. Please dont be discouraged. I was once in your shoes. Be prayerful and have faith. Goodluck and please let us know the outcome. All the Best.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.