slider100

AOS question portal!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, I hope you all are doing good! I just had a few questions regarding the AOS paperwork:

a) Do I need to submit the original NOA-2 along with the AOS package?

b) What have you all done regarding the vaccination supplement sheet (DS-3025)?

c) Do you have a ready check list for the AOS papers? If yes, can you attach it on here please?

Thank you for all your help in advance!

KnR aka slider100

We are filing our AOS paperwork now.

We are sending a copy of the original NOA2 (original remains with us - will take to interview)

A copy of the DS-3025 will be included with the I-693 section of the AOS package along with copies of my wifes other vaccination records (she received almost all here in the US). Originals will be retained by us to take to the interview.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Timeline

a) You keep all the original unless specifically stated in the instructions.

b) Copies of the exam for K-1 (valid for 1 year)

c) Here's a pretty good list:

AOS paperwork

Remember to go through the guides, they are pretty self-explanatory and very helpful. So are the instructions for the various forms.

Good luck

ég eri ekki lengur kalt, hef aftur líf. lifnar mín sál, heiminn mála.

bless bless Þýskalandi! ég elsker þig!

Timeline

I-765 : Employment Authorization Form

Question 13) Place of Last entry in to the US : What do I put? My POE was Toronto, Canada but I flew to Dallas and my final destination was another city. What should be the right answer to that?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is the cover letter that we submitted along with our AoS package. It is an itemization of everything included in the package, and how we separated it. I can't take credit for it, as a lot of it was cut and pasted from the example that SapphireDreams posted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680- 4120

Nature of the submission: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Enclosed please find Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, Form I-131 Application for Travel Document,

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and all supporting documents.

My eligibility is based on admission as the fiancé of a U.S. citizen

and subsequent marriage to that citizen within 90 days of entry.

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Includes:

• 2 photographs & receipt for photographs (date on the receipt to show they were taken within 30 days of the filing of this application on August 10, 2009)

• Check in the amount of $1010 made payable to the Department of Homeland Security

• Copy of my foreign birth certificate

• Copy of passport page with K-1 Visa

• Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet)

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet, with supplemental attachments

• Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) which also includes tax documents & letter of employment from sponsor, also proof of U.S. Citizenship which includes copy of the biographic data page of sponsor’s

• U.S. Passport

• Evidence of eligibility which includes a copy of approval notice for I-129F, copy of marriage certificate, Form I-94 (front & back) and passport identity page

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Includes:

• 2 photographs (which were taken on August 10, 2009 – receipt attached to Form I-485)

• Initial Evidence which includes a copy of an official photo identity document (passport identity page)

• A copy of Form I-94 (front & back) and K1 visa to show my present status in the United States

• Marriage Certificate to note the name change (Copy)

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Includes:

• 2 photographs (which were taken on August 10, 2009– receipt attached to Form I-485)

• A copy of Form I-94 (front & back)

• A copy of a Federal Government-issued identity document which includes my Visa issued by a foreign consulate

• Passport Identity Page

• Marriage Certificate to note the name change (Copy)

I-765 : Employment Authorization Form

Question 13) Place of Last entry in to the US : What do I put? My POE was Toronto, Canada but I flew to Dallas and my final destination was another city. What should be the right answer to that?

Put down your POE

Not that you really need another list, but here's my itemized cover letter. It just shows that basically everyone's situation is different, and you need to show documentation supporting whatever your individual situation may be. My case was transferred to CSC and after exactly 2 months since my NOA1 I have yet to receive an RFE *crosses fingers* So far so good. See below for another letter I included about the vaccination thing:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

March 22, 2010

Nature of the submission: I-485 - Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed my Form I-485, Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application, and supporting documents as follows:

- G-1145 – Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (Notification for ALL following Applications)

- Payment in the amount of $1,010.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

- I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, signed & dated March 22, 2010

- Copy of birth certificate

- Copy of K1 visa in passport (with front and back copies of I-94)

- Photocopy of USA entry stamp dated January 3, 2010 (stamped on visa page, and on I-94)

- 2 passport photos taken on March 17, 2010, with name and A# written on reverse. Attached in ziploc bag with copy of receipt from purchase of passport photos, showing date taken

- Photocopy of passport biographical details page

- Copy of Vaccination Documentation, completed by Panel Physician

- Letter of Explanation with Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet

- G-325A - Biographic Information

o Appendix “A” for G-325A, Applicant's residence, last 5 years

- Copy of I-797 - Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition, dated August 3, 2009

- Copy of marriage certificate, showing date of marriage (January 20, 2010), and name change of applicant

- Copy of Form I-94 -Arrival/Departure record (front and back) (This is included on the pages showing copies of K-1 Visa)

- I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, completed by (my USC spouse)

o Copy of Sponsor's Birth Certificate

o Copy of biographical data page of Sponsor's U.S. Passport

o Copy of Unemployment Claim income, for 2010

o Copy of Roth IRA statement

o Copy of Form W2, and Federal tax return documentation for 2009 tax year

o Copy of Form W-2 and Federal Tax Return for 2008 tax year

o Copy of Canadian T4 Tax slip, showing Canadian income received for 2008 tax year

o Copy of Canadian T-4 Tax slip for 2007 tax year

o Copy of Record of Employment from Canadian job

(Please note, 3 years of tax returns have been included to show sponsor's ability to consistently hold employment and earn income, even though he is currently unemployed)

The following items for Joint Sponsor's Form I-864 are included in a separate envelope:

- I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, completed by (my father-in-law) – Joint Sponsor

o Cover Letter/Letter of Explanation from Joint Sponsor

o Copy of Joint Sponsor's Birth Certificate

o Copy of Joint Sponsor's passport biographical details page

o Copy of Federal Income Tax Return, W-2, 1099s, and Canadian Pension Income for 2009 tax year for Joint Sponsor

Please also find enclosed my form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, category ( c )(9), and supporting documentation as follows:

- Photocopy of passport biographical details page

- Copy of Form I-94 -Arrival/Departure record (front and back) (This is included on the pages showing copies of K-1 Visa)

- 2 passport photos taken on March 17, 2010, with name and A# written on reverse. Attached in ziploc bag with copy of receipt from purchase of passport photos, showing date taken

- Copy of marriage certificate, showing date of marriage (January 20, 2010), and name change of applicant

Please also find enclosed my Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (Advanced Parole), and supporting documentation as follows:

- Photocopy of passport biographical details page, with photo identification

- Form I-131 Supplement, Part 7 – Circumstances of Travel

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

ME

Also, I did not get my vaccination sheet thingie from a Civil Surgeon. I submitted this letter with my name and A# at the top (it's funny, I don't even remember doing this, but there it was on my computer and listed on the cover letter, so I must have. LOL):

Re: Initial Evidence of Vaccination Documentation and Medical Examination for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

To Whom It May Convern,

Please note: as per General Instructions for Initial Evidence, Part 8. on Page 4 of Instructions for I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status as follows:

“8. Fiancé(e)s

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependant who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your Form I-485.”

I am submitting only the vaccination supplement since I have completed a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancée visa. The medical exam was completed November 4, 2009 as indicated on the Vaccination Documentation.

Thank you

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey slider, i replied to your pm as well with what i did. and ya you put yoru poe where they processed yoru packet.

ya know..thinking about that question..it makes me wonder how we tell em where the packet went, and they still manage to lose it or the medical and say they never got it...duma$$es. i mean they know where to get it and ask for it...yet ppl get an rfe for it..just retarded imo. i mean jee...want me to do the rest of your job for ya cuz i could sure use the money right about now since we are so darn broke.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When it asked where I entered I wasn't sure...I asked in the AOS thread and never got a response :( I thought that it was where I did my POE, but hubby insisted that I had to put where I first landed in the US...I hope that won't be an issue I did check the box that I was inspected. He sometimes gets upset when I ask for advice on here, since he himself has been through the immigration process, but he seems to forget that is process was completely different than mine. There are copies of my I-94 in my packet (as required) and the stamps show where I POE'd so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Timeline

Haha, so true Kimbear and I don't think it will be an issue for your Colleens!

I had another question regarding the co-sponsor:

a) Do we need to submit I-864 for the co-sponsor or should we be using I-864A?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.