missingyou_01234

S.O paper transfer from CSC to Vermont

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am an S.O and filed last 2007. We are patiently waiting. They give us NOID and I responded. Yesterday they sent me email that our case is transfered to Vermont. Does anyone have the same experiences?.. pls. share.., Thanks! God bless everyone!....

My TIMELINE:

06-01-07.FILE I-129F

06-18-07.NOA1 Hard Copy

08-05-09.TOUCHED EVEN WITHOUT A CALL

04-02-09.BIOMETRIC SCHED.

11-05-09.NOID

11-18-09.RESPONSE of NOID

04-27-10.TOUCHED

04-27-10.Case Transfer to Vermont

08-19-10.Touched

08-20-10.Touched(RFE)

09-28-10.Received RFE

10-14-10.USCIS Received RFE

10-15-10.Touched

10-21-10.Touched

11-20-10.Touched Saturday

---------------------waiting and is Praying for the Approval..

~~~~~~~~~~ THERE'S A RAINBOW ALWAYS AFTER THE RAIN~~~~~~~~~

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I am an S.O and filed last 2007. We are patiently waiting. They give us NOID and I responded. Yesterday they sent me email that our case is transfered to Vermont. Does anyone have the same experiences?.. pls. share.., Thanks! God bless everyone!....

Hello.

If I understood right, your case was transfered from Service Center to your local office, in your state (Vermont), right?

We got similar letter saying that my case was transfered from California Service Center to local office in Minnesota, state of our residence. Then, in a few months we got invitation to the interview. After interview we got NOID unless we send withing 87 days evidence that my husband poses no risk to me. We are working on it now.

I think you will be invited on the interview.

And I guess in NOID you got before you were ordered to sent police records, etc? Or was in to send evidence that you pose no risk to your wife?

Timeline

Thanks Kazauva for the respomse and the information. I really appreciate it.... =)

Anyways, our NOID before says prove that I am not a risk, it was on November and I responded right away because of the evidences that I gathered already. I live in Colorado and filling for K1... I surely hope they will give us the long waited NOA2 for all of us.. God bless!

My TIMELINE:

06-01-07.FILE I-129F

06-18-07.NOA1 Hard Copy

11-05-09.NOID

04-27-10.TOUCHED

08-19-10.Touched

08-20-10.Touched(RFE)

09-28-10.Received RFE

10-15-10.Touched

10-21-10.Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there

I too fall under the AWA because of past SO; we filed May 29 2009. Since Dec 2009 I have been calling regularly for service calls and did a Infopass appointment in March (which was a waste of time, the person was rude and short with me) I was there in front of the window for less than 3 minutes.

My last Service call which was before the info-pass appointment received a response that to expect up to 6 months more for extensive background checks which is preformed by the FBI.

Last week I made a service request once again and received the following response via email

"Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Intent to Revoke."

My attorney is optimistic but everything I read here brings me down and makes me pessimistic. I have not been asked to prove I am not a risk to her but now you are say they do that after they invite who to an interview?

If they do respond this would be the first response since setting a Biometrics appt for me back in January.

any information would be appreciated.

to clarify NOA1 is the receipt of the I-129F and acceptance.

NOA2 would be one of the listed up above not necessarily the Approval or denial.

There could feasibly be multiple NOAs leading up to the decision

Is this correct?

Thanks

Edited by evli1966

Contact your congressman! Still working on my case, check out the time line thats a lot of touches!

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Hi, Evli1966!

From my research from on-line sources and by comparing what other people wrote and my own experience, AWA case has it's own pass.

Just to share that little I know. Tell you now, that is in case if you wife is already living with you, you were married here in the US. I have no idea about exact steps if prossesing from abroad.

1. NOA1 That is receipt of you petitions.

2. USCIS does a background check on her and you and if there is a possible hit for offince coveres or EVEN similar to what is covered by AWA, YOU will be scheduled for biometrics. You wife must pass her bio too, but that is for all prospective immigrants.

3. USCS checkes your bio and confermes the fact that offence covered by AWA took place.

4. At some point you may get transfer notice from National Service Center to you local office. From what I think, that happens so officr who is going to hold interview had file and can make a decision.

5. YOu should be scheduled for interview. Both of you. USCIS officer will be speaking to you and her separate. SHe must to state that she knew about your conviction BEFORE you were married. Usially right after interview officer who held it prints RFE. THat is a standart form. In this case, first it is going to be request for police records, certified.

If you sent those papers WITH your original petition, you may skip this step.

6. Then USCIS has all they need to know about your offince, severity, nature, how long ago... They may schedule another interview or simply send NOID unless you prove that you pose no risk. Seems like everybody is getting timeline for it 87 days. YOu sould send succesfull completion of treatment, psychilogical evaluation, many peole go through polygraph. You wife statement, your statement, statements from friends... Your ex parole officer letter will have a lot of weight too. And etc... What ever you may come up with!

7. Decision.

YOu asked about NOA. There are 2 of them throughout a prosses. NOA2 is your victory! Approved!

I hd a real nightmare before learning about VisaJourney.com Only here dark coridors of AWA petition's fate became to come out of a dark. We have a great lawyer according to what they write about him. Has awards, member of this and that... Creative lawyer award of last year... And he said, that AWA is new and there is little experience and in general, only not too long ago USCIS itself had begun to understand a little better what to do.

So, be patient and good luck to you!

Sadly, iy also depends on who do you get to prosess you case... THat is like you shared your experience about Infopass. YOu got person who thinks like many on this website who write angry posts, that we all should be automaticly denied because of the past... I had 2 of those on both of my interviews. But, vise versa, the lady I spoke on my infopass was great and I spend there 20 or 30 minutes! Yes! that long!

Well, I you had a ###### at Infopass, I wish you a great guy assigned to you ase, that is more important. And make another Infopass, if you need answers. Try.

About you calls and replies about backgroud check, wait 60 days, 45 days, etc. Don't rely on it. That is a standart reply. You can't tell that the work is not moving, they do something, ok, lets wait another 45 days.

I can tell you. I kept heaving those replies forever, untill I made infopass and learned, that after my interview there mad't been nobody even simply assignet to a case!!!

For some reason officer who held imterview for us last time didn't print NOID, she said that she will send it in mail and NEVER did, untill Infopass.

On my 1st case and from people I'm in tough with they were geting RFE and NOID right at the interview, so something to keep in mind.

That is all I know. Summory of some people experiences who had god farther in process. Also, look up on line USCIS - Guidance for Adjudication under the Adam Walsh CPSA

for some reasons links don't work if I copy it here.

I hope I was a little help. Good luck to you.

Thanks Kazauva for the respomse and the information. I really appreciate it.... =)

Anyways, our NOID before says prove that I am not a risk, it was on November and I responded right away because of the evidences that I gathered already. I live in Colorado and filling for K1... I surely hope they will give us the long waited NOA2 for all of us.. God bless!

Hello...

Correct me if I'm wrong... You live in Colorado, so you Servise Center is in California, isn't it? Is it where you sent your petitions in 2007?

Timeline

Kazuava

Thank you for the reply.

We are not married and I Have disclosed my entire history to her prior to becoming fully involved together.

Today I received a text saying our status has been updated. The Website did not show anything but the auto phone service stated our case has been transfered to Vermont for processing.

Is this good news it has been 11 months.

I sent in everything available in regards to my case; my Probation officer has retired, the counseling place where I completed the required counseling has destroyed all regards after 7 years, so it will take a letter from the Psychologist.

As for the Polygraph I am confused to what they need that for, I am not denying my offense.

I can get family fiends and co worker/letters from the employer as well.

I too notice the hostility towards SO but I understand their hatred or anger that is mostly from ignorance and that the people are far to lazy to learn the truth

Edited by evli1966

Filed: Country:
Timeline
As for the Polygraph I am confused to what they need that for, I am not denying my offense.

A recent polygraph will confirm that you have not committed any new offenses...

Timeline

Hello...

Correct me if I'm wrong... You live in Colorado, so you Servise Center is in California, isn't it? Is it where you sent your petitions in 2007?

Yes that is so True.. I filed at California Sevice Center and they forward it to Vermont Service Center..

My TIMELINE:

06-01-07.FILE I-129F

06-18-07.NOA1 Hard Copy

11-05-09.NOID

04-27-10.TOUCHED

08-19-10.Touched

08-20-10.Touched(RFE)

09-28-10.Received RFE

10-15-10.Touched

10-21-10.Touched

Timeline

Yes that is so True.. I filed at California Sevice Center and they forward it to Vermont Service Center..

ours was filed at the California Service Center as well(2008)...we already sent in the NOID (January 2010), just their decision that we are waiting on whether my fiance pose no risk to me or not (i am the beneficiary)..but just today, i checked online at USCIS and found out that our case was also forwarded to VERMONT..really wonderin' why as my fiance's service area is CSC..

Hello.

I did a little research and that is what I found.

"The Vermont Service Center is the the only jurisdiction for all Violence Against Women Cases (VAWA)..." THe quote is from https://egov.uscis.gov/

Here is a link: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=VSC&OfficeLocator.office_type=SC&OfficeLocator.statecode=VT

Rememberring the fact that "If the adjudicator finds that the petitioner poses no risk to the beneficiary, the adjudicator must seek the guidance and direction of USCIS Headquarters, Regulations and Product Management Division, before approving the petition. Adjudicators are prohibited from exercising favorable discretion in such instances without the consent of USCIS Headquarters" (USCIS - Guidance for Adjudication under the Adam Walsh CPSA ), makes me think that your NOID went through adjudicator succesfully. Now it was sent for review to Headquaters for final decision.

THat is just mine conclusion.

Keep your hopes up!

My prayers are with you!

Edited by kazuava

Timeline

I still have not received a NOID or a RFE but my case has been sent to the VSC.

We are still in the initial review of the process they may do a RFE from VSC.

Or

Do you expect they will give me an RFE after scheduling an interview with me?

I have seen and read people having gotten the NOID or RFE before an interview and some have gotten an RFE at the interview; so I am somewhat confused.

I am trying to read and learn as much as possible before posting questions.

I still have not received a NOID or a RFE but my case has been sent to the VSC.

We are still in the initial review of the process they may do a RFE from VSC.

Or

Do you expect they will give me an RFE after scheduling an interview with me?

I have seen and read people having gotten the NOID or RFE before an interview and some have gotten an RFE at the interview; so I am somewhat confused.

I am trying to read and learn as much as possible before posting questions.

Hello, evli1966.

I remember that you were saying that you had sent some proof that you do not pose a risk to benefisiary, even though you hadn't reseived RFE or NOID.At the same time your case already was transfered to Vermont. Can it be that USCIS got what they need even without asking? May be you had saved dome time for yoursef by doing so. I frankly think, based on what I learned that VAWA cases are atransfered to Vermont, that your case is on the right way. It's going to be adjuddicated and you sould hear a result, hopefully soon.

Did you sent police records too? Because, from what I know, that is what asked in RFE. NOID comes later and askes to send proof of not being a risk to a beneficiary.

Sincerely.

Edited by kazuava

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.