Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'visa denied'.
Found 3 results
My wife and I has applied change of status but got denied. Since we’re hoping she could safely change her status thus, over stayed her travel visa. Unfortunately, her Japanese passport is about to expires on January 2020. Therefor, we are not sure if filed for re-appeal will expired her Japanese passport. If she’s to return to Japan to renew her passport after denial of status change will she be barred from entering the USA?
hello all I filed my I-129f back in Dec of 1017 and just got a denial letter. But there is still hope the issue is my Fiance is from the Philippines she was married twice and has 3 older kids. the first Marriage was in the Philippines to and American guy and about three months after the marriage she did move to the US but only stayed with him for two months and moved back to the Philippines (she was not happy with the relationship) she also was pregnant with his daughter when she left the USA. After a few mouths back home he stopped calling and they lost touch he never even saw his daughter in person. Flash forward 5 years later she (my fiance) meet her second husband and after a few years dating they wanted to get married but she could not get in touch with her first husband in the US. So after talking to a Lawyer in the Philippines they were told the fastest way to end the marriage was to have the Philippine courts give a order of Declaration of Presumptive death. Witch the court did grant (after a short trial and she had to put adds in the local newspaper) the court did grant the order and this allowed my Faience to Merry her second husband, This second marriage lasted 18 years until his death in 2015 should I be worried about all this husband death? LOLOL Just kidding anyway I filed the I129f and the reason it was denied was because the first husband Is still alive in the US very old now but the denial says I did not prove the first husbands presumed death by the Philippine courts would allow her to marry me here in the USA I am contacting a lawyer this time and want some thoughts on should I appeal or file a motion to reconsider witch will be faster. Thanks so much for any help with this roller coaster ride for love. I did get a fre about the first husband and sent the full court file of the presumptive death court order and a copy of the Philippine law but was still denied. Thank you for your responses.
Hello all, I'm hoping someone will be able to offer some advice, I've see a few posts on various forums about this particular matter but have yet to see an answer or definitive outcome to this situation. Some context about my case - For nearly two years I have been working on my O1 visa case with my lawyers; Kate Raynor & Associates. I have two job offers in Los Angeles waiting for me as a musician; one to join a band and the other to be an on call session guitarist to one of LA's top song writer/producers. We submitted my case with USCIS in June 2017 to which I was asked for more evidence. I was annoyed but did as requested and gathered more evidence then re-submitted at the end of October 2017. I then received a positive outcome mid December 2017 stating my O1 visa had been approved. I booked an appointment for my interview and to send off my passport to get stamped at the US embassy in London on January 3rd 2018. The interview didn't go as expected as I was told they would need to review my case further, the next day I received an email from the embassy with a 'notification of revocation'. The decision will now go back to USCIS who will either agree with the London embassy's recommendation to revoke my visa, or they might still think I deserve the O1 (I would think they would side with the embassy though). The average response time from USCIS seems to be about 6-12 months, possibly longer. As anyone can understand this is pretty ridiculous as no job offer will realistically wait indefinitely for an answer, even if it is positive, especially in the music industry. I have been given no specific reason as to why they are trying to revoke my visa other than one short line in the email saying 'The request for revocation is based on further administrative review of the applicant’s qualifications conducted subsequent to your visa interview at Embassy London.' This seems incredibly unreasonable as the interview only lasted about 5 minutes, I was asked about 5--10 questions which were somewhat vague, so I was unable to talk about 90% of the evidence that granted me the initial approval. It also appeared the consular officer who interviewed me had no previous knowledge of my case, so was basing the entirety of his decision on my answers in that moment. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience on how to resolve this matter quickly, ideally with the visa ultimately being approved? (as it has been approved in principal in the US). This decision will have massive long term ramifications on my life as, from now on, if I travel to any other country and they ask if I have ever been denied a visa, I will have to say yes and explain why. This will obviously count against me and will potentially impact my ability to work as, being a musician, I'm often required to travel all over the world for gigs. So the embassy's decision to refuse a visa to work in the US will now risk my ability to work anywhere else. It will also affect the band and producer who have offered me jobs as they will now have to start looking for other guitarists to fill my spot until this matter can be resolved, which again will affect their ability to work and progress. Thanks for reading, I can give more info if needed, I didn't want to post too much straight away as that'll probably scare people off! Jake