Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'surrender certificate'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Coronavirus Covid-19
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)


  • USCIS Immigration Processing Times


  • Captain's Corner
  • Guest Blog
  • Immigration News
  • Site Updates

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 1 result

  1. This is a guide on surrendering your Indian Passport after becoming naturalized US Citizen. Step 1: Click this Link and click register. After signing up check your email and activate your account and proceed to login. Step 2: After you have logged in click on the link where it says “Apply for Surrender of Indian Passport - Application for Passport Surrender Certificate After Acquiring Foreign Nationality/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship”, and fill the form. After completing and form, check for corrections and click validate. Then click home and the form will appear on the home page. Print that form. Step 3: Create an account on VFS website or Login in here. After you have logged in click “Create a new application” and fill out the form. After click proceed, you will have to fill out another form. ARN # is the number you should have got after completing the surrender passport application on govt of India website. I can’t go beyond this step, but I think after paying the fees you are given a checklist to mail with your application and a receipt for your payment. All the different type of checklists required can be found Link under documents required tab. Note: There is one more additional form that you must fill out based on your checklist. Do not forget to include that. The form can found on the same page as the checklist. Read the checklist thoroughly before mailing. I hope I cleared all the confusions. If there is anything else that someone would like to add please post below.
  • Create New...