Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'removal of condtion'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Coronavirus Covid-19
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)


  • VisaJourney Partners


  • US Immigration Wiki


  • US Immigration & Visa Guides


  • US Immigration Forms


  • USCIS Immigration Processing Times

Product Groups

  • Donate


  • Captain's Corner
  • Guest Blog
  • Immigration News
  • Site Updates

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 10 results

  1. Starting a new group for people who gathering there documents and ready to file for I751 in December 2018. I am almost done with my packet and ready to roll it out next week..
  2. 1. My window to file ROC was last December 2020 2. Submitted my documents 02 January 2021 3. received in the AZ lockbox last 04 January 2021. 4. And the good news that I finally got my notice of extension 09 February 2021 I'm a bit worried because I was preparing my ROC documents, I only included tax transcripts that me and my husband filed jointly, and did not include the tax transcripts married but filing separately. is there a possibility that I'll get a RFE on the aforesaid?
  3. So I have been reading and I have a question.. My interview date is on February 8th, that is a month from my 2 year anniversary... will I still get the 2 year conditional green card or? It just doesn’t seem fair that I get that if technically we are already married for 2 years it’s just 3 weeks away from that point.. any experience in this?
  4. Hello everyone! 
 Next month (Nov. 12) I have my N400 citizenship interview (based on marriage) however, I still have my I-751 case pending. I applied to I-751 in Feb. 2019 and the last update I got was on June 2020 "we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC-xyz , to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case." and hasn't moved since. Today I was using the live chat feature on the USCIS page and asked if perhaps I was having a combo interview on Nov. 12. The response I got was basically nothing... "Refer to your last notice" and they say that I can do the interview for citizenship, but even if I pass it, they won't make a decision until the I-751 is approved. It's like moving forward to take a step back to move forward again. I am prepared to have a combo interview, just in case, and my husband will be driving me to USCIS. However, with COVID, he can't come with me inside the building, so I am just a little worried in case I have a combo interview and the officer ask me about my husband to be present. Will I be able to call him to come in? I feel I am in a limbo here. Is anyone else in the same situation? Thank you!
  5. Question is. We applied for my wife’s removal of conditions. We got our notice about 6 months ago about receiving the info. But, we have not gotten a biometric appointment yet. Is this normal? What is the next step?
  6. So I sent my 751 ROC and it was delivered on August 17. The check was not cashed yet and today I got a text notification that my packet was received. Using the receipt number I went to USCIS online and got the message below. Does that mean I’m getting an RFE or being rejected as they haven’t cashed the check yet? Why does it say follow the steps in the receipt. There are no more steps to be followed in the I-751 besides the biometrics and the interview! Case Was Received On August 17, 2020, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRCxxxxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by September 16, 2020, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
  7. Hey y'all. I got my green card after marrying a US-C back in December 2018. We had been together for 2 years, got married in April 2018, we married in Bona Fides. The GC interview in December 2018 went very well and was super easy. Things turned a bit rough since my husband became very violent and abusive (verbally and physically). We separated in July 2019 and filed for divorce in December 2019 (summary of dissolution - AKA amicable divorce - in the state of California). Prior to December 2020 I have to file for ROC alone. I am still waiting for the final divorce decree. I saw a counselor for over 7 months after the abuse episodes started and this specialists told me she would write a statement of her diagnosis and assessment of the case. I have some other pictures taken (on top of the ones we presented for our initial interview) and a lot of text/calls. One of them basically states that he hit me. On top of that I have shared car insurance, shared health insurance, and lease. We now live apart of course. I was planning on writing a statement for the USCIS officer to tell my story. I'll attach the counselor's document. I saw an attorney a few months ago and she felt that the case was straight-forward and easy to approve, yet she disclaimed 'nothing is written on stone'. What do you guys recommend I should do in order to prepare well? Will an interview be required? Any changes you have noticed with this new covid-era? Any additional advice? Not gonna lie, I'm terrified. Thank you, Hans-Peter
  8. Hello all. I need to file my i-751 as early as July but have been unable to renew my passport. Will I be able to submit for Removal of Conditions with an expired passport? I do meet/have pretty much all the requirements. Thank you.
  9. I mailed my case in on 05/05/20 Mail received on. 05/08/20 Its over a month no notice of receipt received. Called USCIS and they said although they got it on the 8th, it was sent from Phoenix to the East coast. And they received it on the 14th of May. So hopefully it will be sent out soon or else I'll be calling back on 06/15/20.
  10. Hi guys, I guess I am just looking for some support during this difficult time of I-751 application. I filed on April 17th And my case currently states Fingerprints have been applied to case. Excellent! Whilst that is all well, I did not receive my NOA/18 month extension. I am 42 days over! I have tried everything- Calling customer service, emailed lockbox support (5) times and put in an inquiry which resulted in emailing lockbox 🙄. I can not submit another inquiry for another 30 days (June 17th) I spoke to a tier 2 officer today who mentioned scheduling an appointment to get the stamp on my passport when offices reopen next week. He also admitted they had failed to send my NOA, so it was their error. I’m not sure if this stamp even counts for the entire 18 month extension? Can I use this to renew my DL? It’s all so confusing and my head is spinning with all this up and down. I just want a copy of my NOA and I feel like I’m running in circles. Has anyone gone through this avenue?!
  • Create New...