Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'pending'.
Found 4 results
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this very unusual delay with the Department of State? So i read thoroughly before applying for the J1 waiver based on hardship (US Government Funding involved). My time line below; At USCIS; 1. Filled November 16, 2017 2. Request for more evidence and responded same month in July 2018 3. Prima facie case was established and hence docket forwarded to DOS for non-uscis advisory opinion. At DOS: Item Action Date Sponsor Views Received January, 28 2019 Request for Sponsor Views Sent October, 16 2018 Form I-612 Received September, 23 2018 Form I-613 Received September, 23 2018 Change of Address Received April, 12 2018 Fee Received February, 14 2018 Form DS-3035 Received February, 14 2018 Form DS-2019 Received February, 14 2018 Statement Of Reason Received February, 14 2018 so from my timeline and the new processing time for Hardship waivers (16weeks to 24 weeks after 612/613 is received), i am outside the normal processing time at DOS. My last 3 emails to DoS has gone unanswered. My sponsor views was received almost 2 months ago. I want to know if anyone has or have had such stupid prolonging after 613/612 and sponsor views have been received?
Hi all, I scoured the forum but it seems most answers didn't directly apply since most people already had a B1/B2 tourist visa or Visa waiver when they applied for a K1. So here I go: I want to have my Fiancee visit the USA in April 2020 so he is going to apply for a passport in January, ok so step one is done. At the same time in January we will be submitting the application for I-129 (K-1) Fiancee visa. I would like to know if he can travel to the USA with a pending K-1 as his visa, aka without having a visa waiver (mexico not eligible) or having a B1/B2 tourist visa of any kind. For example, Does he have to have a visa of some sort since the pending K-1 is not technically a visa because it is not yet approved. FYI, I understand he could still be denied a POE, but he must visit once before we begin this 9 month K-1 journey! (visit USA once at my request not to satisfy the in-person i-129 requirement, the in person has already been satisfied)
Hello all, thank you for your help so far. in combing the forum, I am unable to find something similar to our situation. Here is our timeline for our employment based GC application (both applicants are Canadian entered on LIA/B): -July 22, 2017, received NOID. submitted new evidence as requested. -November 30th, 485 denied due to denied 601. Husband was caught for 2.2 grams of Cannabis 24 yrs ago in Canada. NOID did not ask for any reason listed in denial. -December 26, 2017, MTR filed for I601 -February 15, 2018, field office transferred MTR to AAO. -April 16, 2018-both husband and wife EAD/AP expired. Husband resigned work. -wife left for Canada on May 5th as instructed by lawyer without valid AP thinking we could return with GC when approved. (we were hoping to avoid her accruing illegal presence should MTR be denied). -June 26th, 2018, AAO approved MTR i601 and transferred file back to field office. -July 6th, 2018, lawyer informed us that by wife leaving, she abandoned GC application. Words can't describe our disappointment that our lawyer didn't tell us about the GC application abandonment. We have spent 8.5 yrs on this and would not have left but she was concerned about accrual of unlawful status which is why wife left before that occurred. Husband had to stay due to expired i-192. What are our options? If 485 was in denied status, is it still considered abandonment? Is consular processing really the only option? Is there any option to apply for AP/EAD and mail to her or continue GC app from USA and mail her the approved GC? Bios were done in 2016. Also, have heard about pleading case at border with CBP agent and hoping for a deferred entry. Thank you in advance for any assistance. Being separated during consular will be both a personal and financial nightmare considering all our assets and expenses are in USA.
Hello... I am new here.... Currently on F-1 OPT. OPT expires October 13, 2017. On March, I married my U.S. citizen boyfriend. We filed AOS and Travel documents on June 30, 2017. A month ago, I have been notified by my HR to present a new unexpired work permit to keep my employment. I am anxiously waiting for news from USCIS regarding my EAD…..In 20 days I need to get my EAD card in hand. Otherwise, I might be jobless :(( Also, I have made flight reservation and plan to go back to my county to have a wedding at the end of December!! I am super worried if I do not get my combo card soon. My job…my wedding… ARGHH Does anyone here have the same job situation as mine? What should I do/ my employer does in this situation? Can I still be working WITHOUT PAY (more like a volunteer job) after my OPT expires if my employer let me does that until I get my EAD? What’s y’all recommendation? I just feel bad to my employer because I have not worked for a year yet, and will be taking leave for wedding.. and plus I might need to take unpaid leaves for indefinite time until I get my EAD… Here’s my timeline 30-Jun-2017 Filed AOS package 5-Jul-2017 USCIS received fingerprint fee for I-485 6-Jul-2017 Received I-797 Receipt Notices 15-Jul-2017 Received Appointment for Biometrics Notice 26-Jul-2017 Received RFE Notice (I-131A. Somehow lawyer forgot to send it together with I-485). Sent the I-131A on Sept 28. 3-Aug-2017 Did Biometrics 8-Aug-2017 RFE was received by USCIS 11-Sep-2017 Called USICS to expedite EAD/AP 12-Sep-2017 USCIS: Expedite request was assigned to an officer. Referral ID: T1*****. We sent a response to your request to have your case expedited. Another update: your request to have your case expedited was completed 18-Sep-2017 Called USCIS regarding the expedited case status. Told me they sent an email requesting proof of severe financial loss on September 13. But I did not get the email. So turned out there was a misunderstanding in communication. Officer whom I spoke with on Sept 11 misspelled my email address. 20-Sep-2017 Sent a fax to congressman regarding EAD case