Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'minor'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)


  • USCIS Immigration Processing Times

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 8 results

  1. mir9959

    IR-2 VISA

    so I'm 17 and my father (an immigrant married to a US citizen) is calling me on an ir2 visa ... I'm a chain smoker (I only smoke tobacco though) and since the legal age to smoke in America is 21 would it compromise my medical test ?
  2. hi! i was just wondering what questions they might ask a minor (17 years old) and will they allow one parent to accompany the minor in us embassy manila?
  3. I got my citizenship not too long ago and now I sent in my son's passport application. I sent in everything they asked for including a statement to why I alone signed the passport application. I am sole guardian and the birth certificate I provided states that! Still the ref is regarding the guardianship. The birth certificate was evidence enough to get his visa but to get a passport I apparently need to provide something I don't have! I called the swedish authorities that provides birth certificates and such and asked if there were anything else they could provide me but they said that this is all I need! So I wrote a letter explaining in detail why I alone applied for my son's passport and I thoroughly explained how birth certificates and guardianship works in Sweden. What else can I do?
  4. Hi! I am a minor (17) and will be migrating to the US! I just want to know if I still need to secure a DSWD clearance because I'll be traveling alone. My petitioner is my mom and she is currently residing in the states while my dad is here in the PH but does not have a US visa. They are annulled but my dad does not have a solo parent ID. Please help me figure this out because DSWD's hotline seems to be useless and PAL's age for Unaccompanied Minor is 8-11 years old only. Thank you so much!
  5. My mother and I went to the United States last year. But after a month, I went home to my country in the Philippines and my mother overstayed her visa, because she was diagnosed with cancer and she ran out of time extending her stay, because of her immediate treatment. Now, one year later, I'm planning to visit my mother again and bring her home back to my country. Can this situation affect my ability to enter the US? what questions would I expect and is it possible to get in the United States? I'm only 17 years old, and I researched that I need a letter of consent from my parents allowing me to travel to United States (which is currently taken care of) and my question is does the letter affect my questions in the port of entry? Does the DHS know that my mother overstayed and can the POE officer look that up in their database? I know there is a high chance that I will be denied in the port of entry, but I'm looking forward to have hope that I can see my mother again. It's a long shot, but I'm looking forward to have some help. Thank you.
  6. Hello fellow VJers, My stepson has to go to Peru every year to see his biological father. We usually travel with him, but this time we are planning for him to travel with a friend from the US to Peru (we'll meet up our son later and come back with him to the US together). I've tried to look up information online, but it seems unclear what exactly we need to do. I understand he will need to travel with a consent form, but does he need both parents' consent? As in, his mother's, with whom he lives in the US, and his father's, who lives in Peru? If so, does it need to be translated and legalized in the US, Peru, or both? Has anyone experienced this? FYI - the information I have found says that even when my stepson travels only with his mother, he is required to have consent from his father. However, he has traveled to Peru three or four times with his mother only and has never been asked for a consent from his father (who lives in Peru). Thanks, Allan
  7. Us citizen mom petitioning for children 14 years (15 by the time of the interview) and 18 year old sons. What kind of questions will they ask at the interview? Children are in Ghana
  8. I have another question for the helpful knowledgeable folks here ; I know that I must include passport size photos for myself and my fiance when filing the I-129F however I see nothing regarding photos for children; Her 2 daughters are 3 and 5 years of age; Am I required to submit passport size photos of them as well? Also there is the chance I MAY petition for my fiance ONLY now and her children within a year; How do I mention this when filing? Thanks!
  • Create New...