Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'degree'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 4 results

  1. I am looking for jobs that I can apply for and usually find this in the requirement: "Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application." I am from Manila, Philippines and will migrate to Los Angeles. Do you have recommendations on where I can certify my college degree from Philippines to that it can be accepted for US employment? Thank you.
  2. Hello, Foreign born spouses with college degrees obtained abroad... how did you go about getting a job in your field? Was your degree equivalent to a US degree?
  3. Hello, My fiance and I are thinking on filling for the fiance visa, but I still am studying at university in my country. I am wondering if I could finish my undergraduate program after I adjust my status in the US. I am thinking maybe it would be best to finish my degree in the US so then I can start working using my degree, instead of getting my degree in my country and then trying to validate the degree in the US. I have been looking for information online but they only have info for international students on a F1 visa, so i am not sure if the process in general would apply to me. So my question is, is it possible to do this? has any of you done this? which option would be best? Thanks in advance!
  4. Hi there, So my Green Card was just approved and I'm preparing to start applying for work. I understand pretty much any job will want to know my education and I'm not sure where my education stands to an American standard. See I went to Canada's Sheridan College (considered an "art school" by many) for a very extensive "art" program (it was theatre production - set design, building, props, management etc). My program was called an "Advanced Diploma" because it was a 3 year college program. In the US, I understand that anything called a diploma is referring to high school. And Canada doesn't have Associates Degrees. I also feel that calling what I have an associates degree is selling myself short, because it was a 3 year program, not 2. This also means it also wasn't a bachelor's degree. How do I determine what to call my qualification? Is there a way for me to find out? Thanks