Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'conditional resident'.
Found 3 results
Hello all! It has been a crazy ride once my husband and I moved to the USA! We are in the process of buying a home, in fact stuck in the underwriting phase of the process for the passed 4 weeks, our closing has been moved up 3 times already. Here in lies the issue, our underwriter can not seem to understand my Husband's status as a conditional resident. He has his green card valid for 2 years until we file our I-751 in June, a valid non-restricted social security card, and driver's license and has filed for Taxes in the USA. The underwriter in the beginning of the process requested our EAD. Sent a LOE explaining we don't have one and do not need one as he is a conditional permanent resident. Waited for a week Requested his I-94 form, again sent a LOE explaining we do not have that form as we came into the country on a CR-1 Visa to get his Conditional Resident Green Card valid for 2 years. Waited another week! Requested a stamp that we do not have at all yet, called the temp I-551 stamp that validates an expired green card for another year until you get your 10 year green card. Send an LOE explaining we are not yet at that part of our process as a conditional permanent resident as we must file 90 days before the expiry of our green card, which is not until June 10th. Explained this can not be done any earlier and the stamp can not be supplied by USCIS unless new green card never arrived in allotted time of 6 to 12 months after filing I-751 form. *much cursing, headaches and calls to our Loan Officer later...* Find out Underwriter has stopped communications, won't give us an update and left us basically at the stage of where they asked for the stamp we can in no way get. Has anyone ever bought a home as a conditional resident before they filed their I-751 ROC form? I have searched the forum and have only found people buying a home while waiting on their new green card, and a few comments stating they bought a home on CR-1 without any problems. My husband is the only one on the loan application as a permanent resident for FHA guidelines, the Loan Officer said we had everything in order as far as documents went and we were approved with conditions until the underwriter suddenly kept adding more conditions that made no sense. We may end up losing about 2k (2 appraisal fees, earnest money, home inspection...) and worse yet losing the home because of this confusion. Any information or even those with the same experience is greatly appreciated!
I have received a notice of action saying that my status has been extended for 18 months after I applied for the " removal of conditions I751 form, after acquiring my green card thru marriage. It does not tell to do anything else. I'd like to know what's the next step, should I contact USCIS? Or should I wait for instructions in the mail?
Hey, weird one here. I was sent a letter about two months ago saying my biometrics were accepted from my previous biometrics appointment. Currently when I check my online application it says my fingerprint review was completed as of Feb 27th 2019 and they are working on my I-751, petition to remove conditions on residence. Last Friday I received a letter with a biometrics appointment for this Thursday (tomorrow) at 1pm. Regardless I will still be going to the appointment. But I am just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what happened when you went to your appointment if it was mentioned or anything strange? Thanks!