Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cancel'.
Found 2 results
Hey Everyone, Currently a situation has occurred and we have decided to remain in Sweden. Living in Sweden now, we had filed all of our paperwork, got approved from the NVC recently, and are waiting on a date for the interview at the embassy. But as this may come as a shock to some, we can not move to the states. So a few questions have risen. 1.) Should a formal letter be written to the NVC and to contact the embassy to inform them of the situation? 2.)Is there a possibility of punishment such as a fine or a travel ban (my wife is not allowed into the U.S. for example)? 3.)Can we still go through with the process and move to the states years later? (guessing obviously not....) 4.)May we reapply for a green card in the future (in 10-12 years)? This decision has rocked us to the core and I want to be a 100% on what the consequences will be. Thank you to all that help me. Cheers.
Hello, I had all the paperwork submitted after the K1 Visa, we got married, she got her work authorization but we had some serious problems so I decided to cancel after gruelling months of trying to work things out. I wrote a letter to revoke the K1 because that's how USCIS told me to cancel and I told them we would be getting divorced. I got a letter back stating that the petition is cancelled per my request and because of the anticipated divorce she is likely to become a public charge. My wife is asking if we can try again, even after I did all that. She has shown a real willingness to change and I sense a very different attitude in her. If we wanted to try again would I have to try to "re-open" the petition or submit a new one? would it still even be possible with her technically being here illegally? Thanks in advance for any replies.