Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'bootcamp'.
Found 3 results
I enlisted in August 2017 and it has been a real mess so far. I have been given so many ship dates that were all cancelled because my background investigation wasn't complete. I received a call from my recruiter about 10 days ago telling me that my background investigation was adjudicated and I was good to go this March 20th, then called me back literally a couple minutes later informing that I am not shipping and that there are about 20 other GC holders in the region who are also on hold. I understand that the country is being extra cautious with people joining the military, but my husband and I are getting aggravated with the poor communication. Here's my timeline: August 2017: Got sworn in November 7th 2017: 1st ship date November 13th: 2nd ship date given (no explanation) December 20th: 3rd ship date (reason: clearance not completed) March 20th: 4th ship date (clearance completed, reason: unknown) Here's is the link to the DoD policy change: https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1342430/dod-announces-policies-affecting-foreign-nationals-entering-military/ If you were also affected or know more about this, please let us know.
Dear Visa Journey MIlitary/Veteran/military families community first of all thank you to those who served/are serving. So I am currently waiting on my Removal of conditions I am a June 2017 filer on the California Service Center so unfortunately judging by other folk's experiences I am looking at a looooong wait 14-18 Months The issue is that I am scheduled to ship to Marines Bootcamp this coming early August and if current trends continue I fully expect for my ROC application to still be pending by then. In light of that I am a little concerned about possible Requests for evidence sent in my absence and God forbid even an interview. I know it sounds ridiculous but they (I have seen it with many people) wait literally over a year to start reviewing your application and oftentimes they send you a RFE after over a year of backlog. Also, I know I-751 interviews are rare, but what would happen if they call me and my wife for an interview while I am in bootcamp, what can I do? Is not possible for me to request a leave of absence from training. Also with regard to RFE's I am the one who has always taken care of all the immigration paperwork. Any advice as to how to prepare everything for my spouse who is inexperienced on this processes, so she can successfully respond to an hypothetical RFE? By the way for those curious about it the Marines does take in recruits for enlistment with conditional I-55's 1 the only difference is that due to newly passed regulations their waiting period is way more extensive than regular (citizens) applicants. Thanks! Quote
Hello Visa Journey Military Community; So here's the story, by August this year I'm scheduled to start my training with the Marines. I am currently waiting for my ROC to be approved I filed in June but they let me enlist with the extension letter and they're going to let me into training with a passport stamp as long as it still has 6 months of validity in it, they don't require the actual card. So my ROC will still be pending during my training (If the current 18 months processing time for CSC stands that is.) So I was thinking about filing for the N-400 to "delay" the process until I am done at least with initial training which would occur around October, and then if any interview or whatever requires my presence I'd be able to attend it. Whether it is an interview for the N-400 or God forbid even an ROC interview which as you know is A MUST ATTEND type of event. Per what USCIS website states the processing time for N-400 is 10 months I'd be eligible to apply by June, at that time my ROC would have about a year since its filing, but considering CSC ghastly processing times, it'd still be another 6-8 or so for the ROC to be approved by itself, so normally I understand they merge both applications and adjudicate both, considering the waiting times I'd be looking at April-May 19 for things to come to a conclusion. However, I would be taking a gambit. I've seen folks getting their N-400 which they filed with ROC's pending being approved within 3 months, some of them had ROC and N-400 interviews the same day. So it scares me that this might occur while I am in boot-camp. See, The thing is that during my initial training I am basically a recluse, I cannot leave training and I am stuck in it for 10 weeks + no matter what. But if they are adjudicating these N-400's as fast as they did with some fellows that puts me in a complicated situation. What a mess! All thanks to CSC efficiency. So that's the dilemma, what if they require me to appear for an ROC interview or an N-400 interview while I am in Initial Military training, is it even worth it to apply for the N-400 in hopes of seeing the whole processing "Delayed" and gain some time in the long run? Thoughts?