Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'adult'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 2 results

  1. Hello All - I entered U.S. at 15 years old in 2003 from Guatemala, assuming it was with IR-2 visa because that is what my permanent resident card says today. My father adopted me, a naturalized U.S. Citizen. My father (naturalized U.S. citizen) and mother (legal permanent residence) never received or applied to receive a certificate of citizenship. I am now 30 and want to get a U.S. passport. I've been given differing guidance from various lawyers, but my understanding after reading here and on state department & USCIS sites I became a US Citizen the day I entered the U.S. because I was under 18 and entered in as child of U.S. Citizen. (I also lived with my parents until I turned 18). I also infer that a certificate of citizenship is unnecessary. Am I correct? I do not have my original passport with my stamp of entry from when I was a child. I don't have a copy of the adoption decree as my parent's didn't do a good job of keeping records, but my dad is going to attempt to get a copy from the court here in the U.S. (The records are sealed, so I can not get it myself). Can I just apply for my U.S. Passport? Will an adoption decree, a copy of my birth certificate from Guatemala, a copy of my father's proof of citizenship and a copy of my permanent resident card work for documentation? If not, what other info may I need. I've traveled back and forth to Guatemala to visit my family that lives there, but used a Guatemalan passport and permanent residence card. I honestly only came across this information when I was going to apply for citizenship and was told I shouldn't apply for naturalization, as I should already have my citizenship. I began doing research and just want my U.S. Passport if that is true as I feel safer traveling abroad with U.S. documents and as a US citizen should anything happen during my travels. Also concerned under the current administration about having proof of citizenship. I really appreciate any guidance and know this is unusual as an adult to get clarification.
  2. I'm in the process of submitting an N400 form for naturalization for my wife. My wife has four kids from a previous marriage, all of whom are adults well over 21 living on their own, and who do not intend to immigrate to the US. The on-line N400 form has a spot in the evidence list for children's birth certificates. Do I need to include the children's birth certificates if they are independent adults who have no intention to immigrate to the US? We've never before been asked for their birth certificates anywhere in our immigration process. Requesting birth certificates now for my wife's children would take many months. I can't fathom needing them if they do not factor into my wife's immigration and naturalization. Hopefully someone's already been down this path. Thanks! Max