Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'additional processing'.
Found 2 results
Zoeeeeeee posted a topic in K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & ProceduresHi everyone, So, I’m way, way off the point of a visa being issued - but I also like to plan ahead, so, question time! We’re hoping to get our NOA2 (if we’re successful, of course) in April/May (based on the timeline estimate, it’s predicted to arrive in April whilst I’m visiting my fiancé) - the plan would then be for me to have the medical in June - and then have the consulate interview around the 12th September (the reason for this date is because I’m flying out to visit my fiancé at the end of August for a special event on the 30th, so don’t want to miss that, so would want to do the interview as soon as I get back). Now, I actually have my emigration passage booked already...I know that’s really not advisable, but there’s a reason! My elderly dog was diagnosed with a heart murmur last year and can no longer fly (he flew with me in 2017, when I lived in California for 6 months). The only other way to get a dog to America from England is on the Queen Mary 2 cruise ship - however, the cruise doesn’t run all year round and the kennels get booked up really far in advance (by rich, older ladies, draped in Chanel and fur, with poodles, from the interviews/reviews I’ve seen online 😆). So, last summer I booked the cruise for me, my fiancé and my dog (it’s an 18 month waiting list for available kennels on the cruise) - we leave England on 19th November. So, my hope is that if I’m interviewed on the 12th September and they have all my medical records etc, my visa should hopefully be granted on that day (we both have no criminal records, good jobs, lots of evidence of regular visits and ongoing relationships, etc) - so I would expect to receive it before the 19th November...however, I know from reading threads on here, that you cannot really expect anything and even after a visa being granted, your application may sit in AP status for a long, long time. So what my back up plan is - if the visa hasn’t been issued, to request a return of my passport and take my dog out (we’ve planned a two week trip - 7 nights by sea to New York, then 7 days of driving from NY to LA)...and then I would leave my dog there with my fiancé and return to England to return my passport and continue waiting...however, I don’t know if it’s even possible to get your passport returned whilst you’re in AP? Anyone heard of this before? I have a 10 year, multi entry tourist visa for America, so would use that to take my dog. Thanks in advance for reading and for any advice. Zoë
vlkdublin posted a topic in IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress ReportsMy case went into additional processing at NVC but I can't find any case with additional processing before receiving an interview. Is there something wrong with my case? Am i most likely going to be denied? First they told me that they couldn't find my letter stating that I was not required to pay any taxes so I requested a supervisor review and also resent the letter. Now I'm at additional processing. What could be the reason for me being sent to additional processing? Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make it go faster?