Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Civil Surgeon'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Coronavirus Covid-19
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)


  • USCIS Immigration Processing Times

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 8 results

  1. Hello, My wife came to US in August 2019 on K1. She did medical in her country July 2019. Now, we are having AOS interview on March 11. Interview form says that they also need I693 form. 1) We did sent I693 form signed by her; 2) Supposedly, K1 envelope already contained I693 from the original country; 3) We also have vaccination record with photograph given to her at the time of K1 medical. 4) The interview notice says: I693, if not submitted. Do we need to go to civil surgeon before interview again or it is considered "submitted"? Thank you.
  2. Just getting started with this process, and one of the things that needs to be provided is a sealed envelope from the civil surgeon after a medical checkup. Does anyone know what this sealed envelope contains, besides the complete form i-693? Is it possible to request a second envelope for personal record from the surgeon?
  3. Finding an Authorized Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician When you apply for a green card (adjustment of status) in the United States, you usually need to have a medical examination. The exam must be done by a doctor who is authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). USCIS designates certain doctors (also known as civil surgeons) to perform the medical exam required for most Green Card applicants. Military physicians are authorized to perform immigration medical exams at a military treatment facility within the United States for U.S. veterans, members of the U.S. military and designated dependents. Immigration medical examinations performed outside the United States and its territories must be done by a panel physician. Panel physicians are different from civil surgeons. Panel physicians are designated by the Department of State and provide immigration medical examinations required as part of visa processing at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. Click here to find USCIS Civil Surgeons in the US Click here to find Depart of State Panel Physicians overseas
  4. hey guys, new here about to start my aos process. In the meantime though if anyone in the atlanta area can give some info on cheap civil surgeons to get the medical exam done i'd appreciate the help!! thank you in advance.
  5. Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone can recommend me a civil surgeon in Chicago. I have called a few and they’re really expensive. Thanks in advance!
  6. My now wife is here in US on K1. We got married and applying for AOS. Her medical was in her country on July 3 (less than 2 months ago). She has all the vaccinations necessary. I am not sure about I693 necessity and instructions: 1) Does she still need to fill out I693 if she passed medical before K1 issued less than 2 months ago? 2) If she does, do we still have to go to civil surgeon? It states that another examination is not required..
  7. Hi everyone, I didn't get vaccinations when had the medical exam at panel physicians. After reading lots of 'bad' experience in civil surgeon, it looks like lots of people suffer from a second medical exam for K1 visa. Has anyone had any idea about a civil surgeon in Richmond, Virginia that they give vaccinations without requiring a second medical exam? Thanks so much!
  8. Hi all, Could somebody offer me some information on a issue I am having. I completed my Medical Exam in Feb 2018. At the time of the exam I was missing 2 vaccinations. The nurse who was conducting my exam told me I could quite easily get the vaccinations after I enter the US. I wish I had got them done at the time of the medical because it seems incredibly confusing as to the steps I should take now. I have recently received my interview date for green card (june 17th). So now I must get the outstanding vaccinations. Getting the vaccinations isn't a problem but I am confused on the steps I should take after getting my vaccinations. I have read that I will need to visit a civil surgeon to get them to transcribe onto I-693. After looking at form I-693 it seems it asks the doctor to provide all the findings of my medical exam. Obviously I don't want another exam but don't have the details of my previous exam in London. All i have is my vaccination record completed by the doctor at my medical which is missing the 2 outstanding vaccinations. I know not all doctors will transcribe vaccinations and will want to do an entire new medical. I'm sure I can find a doctor that will transcribe but i am clueless on what I will need to provide them or If i have the required information for them. Can anyone advise me on what best I should do? Thanks in advance
  • Create New...