Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


floridadave last won the day on August 21 2016

floridadave had the most liked content!

About floridadave

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Member # 87021

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Texas Service Center
  • Local Office
    Tampa FL
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

4,359 profile views

Single Status Update

See all updates by floridadave

  1. hi, i have same situation here. please help me with your experience. i do not want mess up my case. in my case Petitions was filed in APRIL 10, 2012 under F2b children above 21 yrs unmarried. After parent's citizenship asked for move to FI .now F2B is about 6 months ahead. It is been long waiting time. Petition was done when children's were already above 21 yrs old.  my question is still they have option to move back to F2B ?  if yes hoe. what are the steps to follow. please help me. i read all your posts . look like you had similar situation

    1. floridadave


      Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your question.  

      I posted in forum ‘Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America’ but nobody answered my last question.  So I did on my own.  I called National Visa Center at 603 334-0700, and the representative told me to use ‘Ask NVC’ (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html).  She said to write a letter asking to stay in F2B, then using ‘Ask NVC,’ to upload the letter plus scan of certificate of naturalization plus the notice from NCSIS showing my 1-130 petition application was approved--as it shows the F2B status.

      So, I guess you could start there.  Call NVC (603) 334-0700. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.  Tell them your situation and IF they allow switching back to F1, they may tell you to use ‘Ask NVC’ to submit/upload any required documents, such as the letter asking to switch back.

      But keep in mind that there are many experts in these forums.  You should consider asking your question in a ‘new topic’ within the ‘Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America’ forum.  TRIPLE28 gave some good replies to my questions.  He was a big help.

      If you use Ask NVC, be aware it may take 7-10 days before you get a reply, and then the reply may only say something like ‘we received your query, we will consider it and write back to you.’

      Good luck!

    2. devikaus


      thanks for replying. i should call NVC first. Thanks again.

  • Create New...