Single Status Update
Ok, putting this here so I don’t keep having to find the thread I posted it in.
• 11 March - saw diabetes consultant, who has written a letter for Knightsbridge, confirming the details of my condition and that it’s well managed. Done.
• 19 March - booked in to get jabs at doctors (had 2 MMR as a baby, so fine there - and won’t need a flu jab due to the season - so believe it’s just the tetanus jab I’ll need, as my last one was over 10 years ago. This didn’t actually happen as doctors didn’t have access to my old vaccinations history then (joined new doctors recently). Rescheduled.
• 22-30 April - NOA2 expected. Arrived 16 April.
• May - send off for ACRO. Sent off 25 April.
• 02 May - get vaccines at doctors.
• June - get patient health summary from doctor, plus a letter confirming that my anaemia and hypothyroidism are well managed (I collect auto-immune conditions like Pokemon).
• July - have medical at Knightsbridge.
• August - fiancé will complete affidavit of support and provide tax documents and pay slips or employer letter. I will complete DS160. Fiancé will also write new ‘intention to marry’ letter.
• 11 September (or as close to that date as I can - I’m out the country until the 10th) - have visa interview at the embassy.
• Late September (waiting to hear back from my consultant as to what date) - see diabetic consultant to start switching insulin over to the insulin that’s available in the US (one that I use is - one isn’t) - this will give me around 6 weeks to gradually switch insulins, with my consultant’s support.
• Late October - go to doctors to arrange a 6-12 month supply of medicine to take with me, plus accompanying letter.
•19 November - set sail.