Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation Activity

  1. Like
    vsmtghdy got a reaction from Enrique&Nikki in For how long can I stay in the Philippines as a US Citizen?   
    You can stay for a period of one (1) year.
    Republic Act No. 6768, also known as the Balikbayan Act of 1989, amended by Republic Act 9174 providing additional benefits to enable our "balikbayans" to become economically self-reliant members of society upon return to the Country.
    Who is a Balikbayan?
    1. Former Filipino citizens holding foreign passports, including spouses and children travelling with them2. Filipinos who have been continuously out of the Philippens for at least one (1) year
    3. Overseas Filipino Workers
    Benefits: (excerpts)
    1. Travel tax exemptions as provided under Presidential decree 1183, EO No. 283, and other allied laws
    2. Visa Free entry to the Philippines for a period of one (1) year for foreign passport holders
    Hope this info helps. God Bless.
  2. Like
    vsmtghdy got a reaction from i see you in Hepatitis B positive   
    First thing, Hepatitis is not a genetic disease. Hepatitis B is caused by a virus and can be spread through blood, sex. Who diagnosed you as having hepatitis B? Did your doctor checked your hepatitis profile (quantitative and not just qualitative test)? If you have Hepatitis B Ab (antibodies) then that means you've been exposed to someone who had hepatitis B or your mother had hepatitis B and passed it on to you (transplacental). But if you are Hepatits B Ag positive (HBsAg), then you have the disease and is therefore can be transmitted to your partner. Your Doctor will have to determine also the other types of Hepatitis A, C, D, E, etc... and your ALT and AST level, because only through this that your Doctor can determine if you will need treatment and candidate for the anti-viral medicine (to slow down the replication of the virus and possibly seroconvert you), or if you will be needing Interferon. Problem with Chronic Hepatitis B is the possibility of having Liver Cancer. I am not trying to scare you, but you do need to be checked and have your doctor make you a medical certification, stating the type of hepatits you have and treatment that he/she will be giving you.
    Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance
    active tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, infectious syphilis, chancroid, gonorrhea, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum, and Hansen's disease (leprosy)). Applicants with any of these diseases were excludable. The new law refers to these as "communicable diseases of public health significance." Hepatitis is not included, so you can relax. They only require applicants to have Vaccinations for Hepatitis, but in your case, if you have the antibodies and the qualitative results is already high, then you don't need to have the vaccine. There is one Filipino applicant who is also hepatitis B positive and he only showed the Panel Physician a copy of his medical certificate (diagnosis and treatment) and he passed his medical exam. So don't worry too much. Good Luck and God Bless.
  • Create New...