Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Ortolan last won the day on July 6 2015

Ortolan had the most liked content!

About Ortolan

  • Rank
    Platinum Member
  • Member # 167120
  • Location Knoxville, TN, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    Music City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Local Office
    Nashville TN
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

6,654 profile views

Single Status Update

See all updates by Ortolan

  1. Say you have your naturalization ceremony on March 1. They take your green card at the ceremony and give you a Certificate of Naturalization. You're planning on going on a trip out of the country 2 weeks later. Do you expedite a U.S. passport in order to re-enter the USA when you return? Or do you take a copy of the Naturalization Certificate (or heaven forbid, the actual certificate!?) with you on a 3-week jungle trip? We don't know what to do...any advice?

    1. Show previous comments  1 more
    2. geowrian


      A naturalization certificate is not suitable evidence for boarding a plane. It would only be useful if you can get to a US border, or to obtain a US passport while abroad.

      You need to get the passport.

    3. Ortolan


      We have the Dutch passport, and will of course take that on the trip; the question is for re-entry, when the trip was originally booked using the Dutch passport information. Can we re-enter the US using a brand spanking new expedited US passport? And does it matter that the trip was booked with a different passport? (This trip has been booked for 6 months.)

    4. geowrian


      A newly issued US passport is not an issue for re-entry. Just use that.

  • Create New...