22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hello guys

today i received a letter from uscis stating that my case is denied for aos .

the reason is i did not go to interview but i never received an interview letter. i had biometrics on 23rd oct since then i have been checking online and called 800 number but nobody gave me any updates.

and now they want me to file a motion for repopening or reconsideration.whats that?

i don't want to pay the fees again.

plz help me :help:

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Did you try an info pass? I think someone else posted a similar experience but don't remember the outcome

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did you move, and miss getting interview appointment letter?

Info pass and petition to re-open.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hello guys

the reason is i did not go to interview but i never received an interview letter. i had biometrics on 23rd oct since then i have been checking online and called 800 number but nobody gave me any updates.

and now they want me to file a motion for repopening or reconsideration.whats that?

thanks

Just a wild guess here but did you move between the time you filed and now?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
yes i did

but i did change my address online and i did mail them ar11 form .

AR-11 wont get any pending petitions updated, your sponsor must file I-865 to show moving, and you must call USCIS to update the case, as well as call them again to confirm.

Sounds like it is too late for this, you need to do an info pass and explain what happened.

Similar situation on other site: (Took them 7 months to re-open the case)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=22057&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=23750&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25319&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25670&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25882&hl=

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

yes i did

but i did change my address online and i did mail them ar11 form .

AR-11 wont get any pending petitions updated, your sponsor must file I-865 to show moving, and you must call USCIS to update the case, as well as call them again to confirm.

It might be important to note for readers - that sometimes the AR-11 & I-865 will update pending applications, however it is always prudent to follow up with an infopass appointment to ensure address changes made.

Also USCIS put out a memo that they would begin forwarding mail. Again, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Be diligent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Contact USCIS now and try going on line and getting INFO PASS appt to meet with them and explain what is going on, sounds like someone at USCIS messed up or the mail did not make it to you. Good Luck.

hello guys

thanks

Timeline

i just got infopass for tomorrow.

lets see what happens there. thanks for help

btw i called 800 and still the girl told me that it shows my status as it was before. (abt noa1 receipt notice)

even in her computer database in not updated

Timeline
i just got infopass for tomorrow.

lets see what happens there. thanks for help

btw i called 800 and still the girl told me that it shows my status as it was before. (abt noa1 receipt notice)

even in her computer database in not updated

Let us know what happens, perhaps USCIS sent you notice in error.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
one thing i forgot to mention is that i just moved like 9 miles .

from my old house to new house is just 12 mins by car

The distance isn't the issue. USCIS mail is not to be forwarded.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

hello guys

wanted to tell u the good news , went to uscis office with infopass and they listesned my request and they would reopen my aos file again and would mail me new interview letter soon. but i might lose some months in this, thats fine as long as i don't have to pay the fees again. she was very not good at first then i insisted on seeing the supervisor, then she went inside talked with someone and then told me that she would reopen the case . then she helped me .

one thing i got to know that when anybody moves they should go to local office and check new address in the database

and not to believe in what u get status online or 800 number says, alwayz go to in person to local uscis office .

my biometrics was in oct and in nov it was my interview and i thought as theres so much rush right now i would not get interview this early but i was wrong.interview was just one month after biometrics.

she said that none of mails were returned back to her , due to change of address , and i have not received here even though i had send request at postal office to forward the mails. uscis mails here are not forwarded. so somebody between either the post office or at old house. i went to post office today requested them to see if they still have any mails in my name. they said to come tomorrow. and would even check with the person at old house.

i just want to thank u all for the help. u guys are best.

and lots of thank yous to vjs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.