Sha and Scott

What's the best time to call NVC?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Good day! :-) We are happy to hear some of the good news being shared from fellow VJ members. We also observed that there are some June filers who already have the appointment date for medical and the interview. We have this positive feeling that ours will be soon also.

We just have one quick question, please. :-) Those who had tried calling NVC and were able to talk to one of the NVC staff, what is the best time you can recommend to call NVC? We don't know yet if our case is already received by NVC from CSC.

We would really appreciate your input.

Thanks & regards,

Scott&Sha

THE K-1 PROCESS

June 14, 2007: Sent I-129F to Texas Service Center (but case was transferred to CSC)

June 27, 2007: Receipt Notice Date

October 29, 2007: Petition is APPROVED! :-)

December 10, 2007: Case received at NVC

December 12, 2007: Case is forwarded to US Embassy!

January 2, 2008: Pay Delbros for Document Verification

January 8, 2008: CFO Seminar

January 23-24, 2008: Early Medical (Original Sched is Feb. 1, 2008)

February 8, 2008: Interview Date (6:30AM)

February 15, 2008: Received Visa :-)

February 27, 2008: Fly to USA... POE: JFK - New York... :-)

March 14, 2008: Applied for SSN

April 18, 2008: Wedding Day :-)

THE AOS PROCESS

May 13, 2008: Sent AOS docs to USCIS including EAD and AP

May 15, 2008: Package was delivered!

May 21, 2008: Check was cashed!

May 20, 2008: Notice Date for AOS, EAD, & AP

May 24, 2008: Received All 3 NOA's in the mail

May 26, 2008: All 3 cases available online (at National Benefit Center or MSC)

June 12, 2008: Biometric Appointment (USCIS Raleigh - Durham, NC)

June 12, 2008: AOS and EAD touched!

July 19, 2008: AP Approved! Approval is sent!

July 22, 2008: Approval status available online!

July 26, 2008: AP received in the mail!

July 28, 2008: EAD card received in the mail! (With July 19 approval date)

Jan. 13, 2009: Interview Date at USCIS - Raleigh/Durham

APPROVED!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Good day! :-) We are happy to hear some of the good news being shared from fellow VJ members. We also observed that there are some June filers who already have the appointment date for medical and the interview. We have this positive feeling that ours will be soon also.

We just have one quick question, please. :-) Those who had tried calling NVC and were able to talk to one of the NVC staff, what is the best time you can recommend to call NVC? We don't know yet if our case is already received by NVC from CSC.

Thanks & regards,

Scott&Sha

7:31 AM Eastern Standard Time is the best time to call. Sometimes you can get an operator after 11:30 PM EST.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can someone tell me if its possible to call and enquire at NVC if I don't have NOA2 in hand? What information do I need to talk with them?

I just got NOA2 email on Wed before I left for Thanksgiving and business trip. I will not be back home until Dec 1, but I would like to check with them before then to see if they receive anything.

Any clues or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can someone tell me if its possible to call and enquire at NVC if I don't have NOA2 in hand? What information do I need to talk with them?

I just got NOA2 email on Wed before I left for Thanksgiving and business trip. I will not be back home until Dec 1, but I would like to check with them before then to see if they receive anything.

As what I know everytime you called NVC you always need to have your case number ready because they would never asked you for anything but your case number right after they accept your call.

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Hello Everyone,

Thanks & regards,

Scott&Sha

Is there really a " Good Time" I just kept re-dialing maybe 100 times... :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure if they will help you or not. Normal process is:

Call them at (603) 334-0700, 1, then 5. They will ask for info on the petitioner and benefiary, such as the beneficiary's name and date of birth, and your case number. You cannot use the automated system to check K-1 Visas as they do not load these into their automated system. You must speak with a customer service representative.

Edited by Bill B

Yes you can call and inquire, but the time for NVC to receipt packets varies from 5 to 30+ days. The information you will need is the Receipt Number off your NOA1 or NOA2, your fiancee's name and date of birth.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Hello Everyone,

Thanks & regards,

Scott&Sha

Is there really a " Good Time" I just kept re-dialing maybe 100 times... :blink:

Been there! Done that naman! :whistle:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.