PrettyGirls

Requirements For Self-Sponsoring

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've heard that the London Embassy is unique in that they allow K-1 beneficiaries to sponsor themselves for the I-134 affidavit requirement if they have sufficient funds. - But what amount qualifies as "sufficient"? My fiance and I have been looking everywhere for more information about this, but we can't find anything that provides us with the actual figures. The London Embassy site says nothing about the requirements for self-sponsoring, and I e-mailed them (their e-mail address isn't on their site either; I found it in one of the threads on this site) only to get an automated response two weeks later with a link to that very page which didn't provide me with the information I needed in the first place. Has anyone here self-sponsored? Does anyone know what amount qualifies as sufficient funds? :unsure:

Thanks for any information you're able or willing to provide.

03-21-06 Mailed I-129 F application to TSC

03-29-06 NOA1 from CSC

04-01-06 Touched

04-28-06 Touched

05-01-06 Touched

45009420.gif

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_austr_2fawl.gif

The reason you can't find a number is because none has ever been given. It is up to the interviewer at the Embassy as to whether they think you have enough money (they may have a guideline but they sure aren't telling us). I would think if you have a large amount of money (10,000 pounds, could probably be less but I'm just throwing a number out there) you would be ok. If you only have a couple thousand pounds though I would get your USC fiance to get a cosponsor if you are worried about money.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
The reason you can't find a number is because none has ever been given. It is up to the interviewer at the Embassy as to whether they think you have enough money (they may have a guideline but they sure aren't telling us). I would think if you have a large amount of money (10,000 pounds, could probably be less but I'm just throwing a number out there) you would be ok. If you only have a couple thousand pounds though I would get your USC fiance to get a cosponsor if you are worried about money.

I self sponsored, I assumed it was the 5x figure. And wondered why they expressed no interest at all in the figures I took with me. Did not look at a thing.

Somebody later said that they asked and were told it was GBP2K, but that was a year ago.

If you are tight on the number, then I would try and get an e mail verification. It might have gone up.

I believe it is akin to the number that they would expect someone going to the US for up to 90 days to have as a visitor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

So, Boiler...did you actually fill out the I-134? I'm the USC and as I am self employed & havent' worked in years, we're going to have trouble with this document!

My honey has enough to what he thinks will be ok to self-sponsor, but we just don't know how to go about it.

I self sponsored, I assumed it was the 5x figure. And wondered why they expressed no interest at all in the figures I took with me. Did not look at a thing.

Somebody later said that they asked and were told it was GBP2K, but that was a year ago.

If you are tight on the number, then I would try and get an e mail verification. It might have gone up.

I believe it is akin to the number that they would expect someone going to the US for up to 90 days to have as a visitor.

Yeah I've heard 5K or 2K as well, I just said 10 since we really don't know it for sure and it seems like a safe number in case the others are too low! I personally wouldn't self sponsor unless I had bundles of money, I'd be too afraid the officer wouldn't take a low number. I mean, it doesn't make much sense that the USC needs to have made poverty level (around 12,000 USD for a family of two) but the foreign fiance could get off with 2K or even 5K pounds, that's definitely less money. O well, it's all confusing, I'm glad we made it through!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline
So, Boiler...did you actually fill out the I-134? I'm the USC and as I am self employed & havent' worked in years, we're going to have trouble with this document!

My honey has enough to what he thinks will be ok to self-sponsor, but we just don't know how to go about it.

I also woul;d be interested to know how yuo go about self-sponsoring - my iance in america earns enough according to his last tax forms but I too will have to sell my house and that would be my money hopefully around £90,000 so we are more than covered to meet the poverty level, but thought if there was something i needed to fill out it may be worth it , better safe than sorry :)

P>S Please fill in your timelines and keep them updated as this is very important for the statistics section on this forum TY :)

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

I was wondering about that too. I'm taking a valuation of my property and the outstanding balance on my mortgage with me to the interview just in case. My house is sold just waiting to exchange contracts. So wish me luck!

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Timeline

Thanks for all your responses! I really appreciate it. :)

03-29-06 NOA1 from CSC

04-01-06 Touched

04-28-06 Touched

05-01-06 Touched

45009420.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This was 2 years ago, but I just filled it out.

Spreadshheted my assets, property was the biggest one. I had a letter from the Estate Agent with a valuation, even went and got a statement of my current account from the hole in the wall on the morning of the interview.

But not even looked at.

I did not know at the time the I 134 was not enforceable, and like I say when you think of it why would they expect more that someone going on a 90 day VWP compared to a 90 day K1.

One of the few occasions logic and immigration matched.

I guess there was bit of male ego involved as well.

I do not think my timeline is statistically valid any longer, fortunately things have generally speeded up.

If I was tight on the numbers have a USC Fiancee one to hand just in case. Better safe than delayed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
This was 2 years ago, but I just filled it out.

Spreadshheted my assets, property was the biggest one. I had a letter from the Estate Agent with a valuation, even went and got a statement of my current account from the hole in the wall on the morning of the interview.

But not even looked at.

I did not know at the time the I 134 was not enforceable, and like I say when you think of it why would they expect more that someone going on a 90 day VWP compared to a 90 day K1.

One of the few occasions logic and immigration matched.

I guess there was bit of male ego involved as well.

I do not think my timeline is statistically valid any longer, fortunately things have generally speeded up.

If I was tight on the numbers have a USC Fiancee one to hand just in case. Better safe than delayed.

Thanks for the info, Boiler. :):thumbs:

I, by the way, am the USC fiancee, which is why I'm so worried about this. - I'm pretty tight on the numbers myself (I'm a poor full-time student who can't afford to work 40+ hours a week), and to make matters worse, I can't find a co-sponsor... This looks pretty bleak. :(

03-29-06 NOA1 from CSC

04-01-06 Touched

04-28-06 Touched

05-01-06 Touched

45009420.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.