trailmix

Hotel Reviews Montreal

235 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So in light of Candy's recent experience at Hotel La Tour I was thinking that maybe everyone who has stayed in a hotel near the Montreal Consulate could share their experience so we have some kind of reference?

carte.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Great idea. :thumbs: I also like the map.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

When I went for my interview (years and years ago now) I stayed at the Youth Hostel. Functional, cheap, but noisy (there's no curfew). I was broke at the time. Its about a half hour walk to the consulate. One night in a shared room is I think $22 + $2 for linens during high season. $19 for off season. Rooms were clean and very cramped, but beds were comfy.

Whenever I went to Montreal on business, I stayed at the Sheraton on Rene Levesque. Its right across the street from the train station, and maybe a 15 minute walk to the consulate. Nice, but very expensive though. ($175 to $200+ per night).

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I stayed at Hotel La Tour Centreville. Have stayed there on 15 visits to MTL to watch hockey games. Always found it to be clean, comfy and friendly staff. It's only a 2 minute walk to the Consulate from there

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I stayed at Hotel La Tour Centreville. Have stayed there on 15 visits to MTL to watch hockey games. Always found it to be clean, comfy and friendly staff. It's only a 2 minute walk to the Consulate from there

i stayed there too... it isn't a 4 star hotel by any means but it served its purpose.... it is an easy walk to the consulate and the room was basic but it had everything I needed including a little kitchen... :thumbs: I went to a grocery store I found about a block down the street and bought myself a few groceries... it sure saved on eating out....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I'm sorry that Candy's experience was a not so good one. My room was very clean at La Tour, and especially the bathroom!!! Had a small kitchen in it with a microwave. The TV was a little smaller than I'm used to, but I still managed to see Grey's Anatomy!!! (haha)... The staff was very friendly, and I prefer a harder matress than a soft one, so my bed was fine. I also don't think I could've gotten any closer to the Consulate, a 2 min walk!! A few people I have met who also went to Montreal, they all stayed there too, they recommended it to me. Everyone said the same thing: Its not the Ritz, but its clean and it will do for a night or two and very close!!!!

Aug/2001: We met, started dating long distance style and lots of weekend sleepovers!!!

May 16/2004: Married, and still doing weekend sleepovers

Mar 13/2006: Sent off I-130

Mar 28/2006: Rec'vd NOA1

July 7/2006: Rec'vd NOA2

Aug 29/2006: Rec'vd IV Bill

Sep 12-2006: Pay IV Bill

Mar 30/2007: Case Completed at NVC

Jul 18/2007: Case left NVC on way to Montreal

Aug 31/2007: Rec'vd 1st interview letter (the one they DIDN'T send me, due to NVC having my address tagged as bad---this one was hubby's that I got 5 weeks late.)

Aug 9/2007 : 1st Interview Date (of course I missed it)

Sep 15/2007: Rec'vd 2nd interview letter

Sep 26/2007: Medical Appt booked

Oct 5/2007: 2nd Interview scheduled in Montreal

Oct 5/2007: Approved!!!!!!!

Oct 11/2007: Recv'd Visa in hand after hearing doorbell ring

Oct 21/2007: Activated visa

Nov 20/2007: Applied for SSN because it wasn't done for me... UGH!!!

Dec 03/2007: Received SSN in mail... YAHOO!

Apr 11/2008: GC finally arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I stayed at the Hyatt which is just about a block away from the Consulate. It was a great place to stay and the staff is extremely friendly. The rooms were a little small, but the beds were extremely comfortable. You also get a free breakfast with your stay and it's really good, it's not like a continental buffet, there's hot foods and an omelet station too. I highly recommend it.

Donne moi une poptart!

I stayed at the Days Inn. It is the newer one down town and it's about 5 blocks from the consulate. There is a Holiday Inn Express the next block closer to the consulate and. It was new and super clean. The rooms aren't huge and are geared towards the business traveller. I don't beleive there was a pool but there is a in restaurant and lounge. I tried to book in at the La Tour but it was booked up - Jazz festival was starting the next day

I'd recommend the Days but it wasn't the cheapest option and the 5 or 6 block walk in the winter time might not be so fun.

Timeline

we stayed at Rayon Vert-a b&b on the plateau. it was pretty cheap$80/night. even though further away, it still took us less than 15 minutes to get to the consulate-1 block to the Mont Royal metro station then 2 block to the consulate from the Place-des-Arms stop. the room was cute, breakfast good, and the owner really friendly and helpful. and it was on the Plateau-I love the Plateau.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We splurged a little bit and stayed at Hotel Europa. It wasnt too far from the Consulate. They had an asian restaraunt, salon attached and also a next summer, they will have a breakfast place. :thumbs:

Timeline

I'm sorry that Candy's experience was a not so good one. My room was very clean at La Tour, and especially the bathroom!!! Had a small kitchen in it with a microwave. The TV was a little smaller than I'm used to, but I still managed to see Grey's Anatomy!!! (haha)... The staff was very friendly, and I prefer a harder matress than a soft one, so my bed was fine. I also don't think I could've gotten any closer to the Consulate, a 2 min walk!! A few people I have met who also went to Montreal, they all stayed there too, they recommended it to me. Everyone said the same thing: Its not the Ritz, but its clean and it will do for a night or two and very close!!!!

I'm another one that stayed at LaTour Centreville with no complaints. I wanted to be close to the consulate and within walking distance of the shuttle from the airport without paying an arm and a leg, and this fit the bill. I appreciated the locked luggage room that I was allowed to use and the kind staff.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Seems to be a stickup for la tour thread,lol I stayed there and it was fine! Was clean, had a small kitchen with a fridge to keep my beer cold for the 2 nights I was there. Front desk staff were very friendly. It sort of had a gym,lol Was pretty run down, and the pool they had was small. Would i stay there again?? If it was just myself sure, but if I had my spouse with me, most likely not, would prefer something a bit more plush!! Can't beat its closeness to the consualte, and there is a Timmy's just up the street.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Seems to be a stickup for la tour thread,lol I stayed there and it was fine! Was clean, had a small kitchen with a fridge to keep my beer cold for the 2 nights I was there. Front desk staff were very friendly. It sort of had a gym,lol Was pretty run down, and the pool they had was small. Would i stay there again?? If it was just myself sure, but if I had my spouse with me, most likely not, would prefer something a bit more plush!! Can't beat its closeness to the consualte, and there is a Timmy's just up the street.

Aye, LaTour is not known for its plushness! ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Aye, LaTour is not known for its plushness! ;)

Well LaTour is starting to sound like the place where the hip hang out B)

My Husband won't care if it's plush or not - and the handy dandy location makes it a winner I think.

Found this picture of Chris, Maury and Wreckloose at LaTour, they seemed to like it! I'll ask my Husband to take pictures while he is there (of the place, not pics of Wreckloose and co.)

chris_maury_wreckloose.jpg
Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.