Jasman0717

How Did You Meet

45 posts in this topic

I met Claudeth via Cherry Blossoms and then met her in person on my birthday in Iligan. She road the bus with her aunt all the way from Cagayan to see me even though she gets motion sickness really bad. That was a great first meeting so a couple of days later we went to CDO and spend the night in Pryce Plaza. We had another wonderful time and the next day we went ot Camiguin for three days. We came back and invited her parents to dinner and told them of our intentions. Three years later and I am still in heaven :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We met since I was in 5th Grade and he was 1st year in HS. My bestfriend is his niece, and he is just 2 years our senior. We never liked each other because he is typical "suplado" (snobbish) and I was not really interested in him. I moved here in the US when the whole family migrated in 1992 soon after I graduated HS. I came back in 2004, after so many years of not coming home, when my bestfriend tied the knot. And when we saw each other again, we both felt butterflies in our stomach and realized that after all these years, we found "the one" meant for each other. We both asked for God's sign, and our prayers were answered.:wub:

Love moves in mysterious ways indeed!

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was in Manila on my birthday 2 years ago and Angela came to my party with a friend. I was afraid to talk to her because I thought she was so beautiful and how could she go for me? Well she at the same time thought i was being snobbish. We finally did talk and I realized she was perfect.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I met Claudeth via Cherry Blossoms and then met her in person on my birthday in Iligan. She road the bus with her aunt all the way from Cagayan to see me even though she gets motion sickness really bad. That was a great first meeting so a couple of days later we went to CDO and spend the night in Pryce Plaza. We had another wonderful time and the next day we went ot Camiguin for three days. We came back and invited her parents to dinner and told them of our intentions. Three years later and I am still in heaven :thumbs:

Oh Camiguin is the hometown of where Jinky's father is from! Does Claudeth speak Bisaya?

Jinky and I were introduced by mutual friends. I happened to be logged onto YM one night in July 2005 and saw my friends, Rezafe and her bf, Insik. They had this friend with them wearing a white baseball cap. She introduced herself to me and said she was a dentist...I really didn't think anything about it ...no sparks, nothing. Then in October of that year, I saw Jinky's profile on Rezafe's Friendster account and dropped her a line. She said when she first saw me on the webcam, I looked haggard...hahaha. I later found out that my friends thought that my personality was a lot like Jinky's and they were trying to pair us up. Jinky introduced me to many of her colleagues, classmates and friends that I got to know more about her through them. This was the first relationship where I trusted friend's opinions and thankfully they were right. :star: I'm now a big believer in listening to friends and family - as to their opinion of the person I'm in a relationship with. Personal testimony is a valuable thing. :thumbs::yes:

I met him in Manila when he had his first vacation in the Philippines. :)

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I initially met online through CB. I was really only looking for a nice guy to talk with. We talked on the phone a few times, staying up till who knows when. After we made it through the entire online process, we scheduled to meet in person. From that first meeting and on, it has been wonderful. I couldn't be happier than when I'm with him. He always tells people that I ran into him when they ask how we met. (L):lol:

So, 1 week from now I am moving in Florida to get married October of this year.

All I can say is Thank You, God! He definitely works in mysterious ways. Even through the internet. :dance:(L)

I was just stumbling, bumbling, roaming around the internet, and found this unbelievably maganda, funny, interesting lady. We spent many hours chatting on YM, making each other laugh, and as the story goes... The rest is all the future.. or is that history?

If it's going to be, it's up to me!

LoveLine (aka Timeline)

January 2005 - Met Annie online

February 13th 2006 - Met in Real - WOW!! Ikaw maganda!

February 14th 2006 - Proved I was really serious, proposed to Annie - She said "Yes"

February 2006 - January 2007 - Both working, saving, planning. Continuously chasing Annie online, on phone...

January 22, 2007 - February 4th, 2007 - Together again in Philippines, working on paperwork, visiting family.

February 27th 2007 - I-129F Mailed to Nebraska

March 6th - NOA1 Received.

May 23rd - NOA2, Received Approval Email

June 14th - Receive letter from NVC, packet on the way to Manila Embassy

July 30th - Annie receives packet from Embassy, appointment scheduled for September.

August 29th - Annie survives Blood Draw, Injections, and successfully completes Medical at St. Lukes.

September 13th - Annie is a huge success at the Embassy, SHE IS APPROVED!

September 20th - Visa in Hand, tickets purchased..

December 18th - Jumped on Airplane, Philippines for Christmas and New Year's.

December 27th - CFO Seminar Succesfully Completed

January 8th - Jumped on Airplane to USA together, Seattle POE, arrived home to Kansas.

March 14, 2008 - Married

May 19, 2008 - AOS NOA1 Recieved, Biometrics scheduled for June 18.

After wasting good money with Match, Yahoo, etc., a coworker set me up with her younger sister. Sure, 8 thousand miles away and no computer. Some little spot way north of Manila in a province called Zambales. But I relearned how to write letters by hand, send pictures, and once in a while a cell phone call. It actually started to come together ,and what was going to be only a visit in February, became a wedding. We did a church wedding in May, and I just got back from P.I. again last month. I'll be back for her interview ( hopefully around the 1st of the year ) and I am looking forward to being together ( along with her daughter ) until the day where we can return and make that little spot in Zambales our home.

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

we first met on the net last late january of last yr... he asked about cool stuff in phil on where to go etc and i answered blah blah blah lol... he invited me of course to go with him in boracay :unsure: and i was like ummm hmm... its tempting? but i dont know you? and i have a school to attend plus my family will have to kill me first if i go? :whistle: ... plus im sure you'll enjoy phil without me anyways either way... and so perhaps he's kinda bit interested to see me so he changed plans and visited me first in my city CDO for 4 days, had fun but he made reservation to boracay coz he wanted to have a diving certificate so he has to go and i still cant/wont (yikes little did we know we were falling already)... so 3 days later i was surprised he came back and said he's got to see me lol and spend another 4 days, and more inlove lol... he visited me 3 times last yr and by the end of january of this yr, i arrived in the US... a one year worth of separation but a lifetime worth of being together in the end :blush:

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met the love of my life back when I was still in the Philippines. We met during our kindergarten and elementary years (we both went to the same school) but we never were so close to each other. I left the country when I was in 6th grade back in 1995 and I went back home in 2000 and was able to get in touch with her. Went back in 2004 and saw each other gain during a batch reunion. In 2006 I went home again and unexpectedly there she was and this time..LOVE came.

I-129F

Sent I-129F on March 19, 2007

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

Touched on August 8, 2007 (RFE NOTICE)

August 13, 2007 received RFE

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Touched August 22: RFE received and case resumed

Touched October 2, 2007 (NOTICE OF APPROVAL)

THANK YOU THANK YOU JESUS!

November 13, 2007: NVC reiceved our case

November 14, 2007: MNL Case #

November 15, 2007: Sent to MNLA

November 20, 2007: Case arrive in USEM

November 24, 2007: Got medical and interview dates

November 29, 2007: She received packet 4

December 27, 2007: Medical

January 2, 2008: Went back for MMR & Results

January 2, 2008: Passed Medical!! THANK YOU GOD!

January 2, 2008: Sent documents via Fedex

January 5, 2008: Fiancee received documents

January 9, 2008: Interview! APPROVED! THANK YOU JESUS!

January 10, 2008: Received a call from USEM

January 11, 2008: Pick up Visa at 9AM

January 11, 2008: CFO (COMPLETED)

February 5, 2008: Me arriving in Philippines

February 12, 2008: TOGETHER FOREVER!

February 12, 2008: Arrival in the USA

April 12, 2008: WEDDING!

long story short, it was kind of a friend, of a friend, of a friend deal. the first contact I had with my wife was a text I received from her on my birthday in 2003.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gretchen met me on dateinasia.com in March. I was brand new to the site and had just made a profile the day before when she sent me an interest seeing me online. luckiest day of my life. after we chatted the first time, she said she told herself "this is it".

i agree lol.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

We met thru Filipina Heart in December 2006. April of 2007 I took my first trip over to see her, never expecting that she'd be the girl in person that I had built-up in my mind. Turns out she was an ever better person in-person! The rest they say is history.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Met my wife on my first trip to Pampanga Prov. What happen is that I met her cousin 1st whom told me about my wife then later introduce one another. It was love at first sight. Miss you honey ko!

(L)

Edited by djturbo

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Met my Myla in a website called HeartsinAsia September 2006. I was easily captured by her smile and achievements in life. For a month we exchanged emails and after our first chat online she called me to check on my voice !! It was so unexpected , I mumbled and fumbled :) From then on we talk 3 times a day and met face to face February 2. She captured my soul. The two weeks I was with her was absolutely wonderful and tomorrow she will be with me again and I know I will have a lifetime of bliss with this wonderful woman.

We guys are all so lucky to have found our soulmates from the Philippines . It is a long journey of meeting and bringing them here but they are worth it and I will do it again and again if I have to.

Joe

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.