chri'stina

End of July filers...biometrics appts

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Our NOA is dated July 26th and we got it in the middle of August. Of course we still have no biometric appointment. I know Reinhard had to wait 6 weeks or so(same local office) so we are getting close to that. I'll wait and see if we get the appt in a week or so.

But is it Tampa taking awhile to give the appts? Or is everyone else waiting for their bio appt who filed around when I did too?

(BTW our I751 was sent to TX and transfered to CA.)

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stina,

Not sure about this but I think it does have to do with availability of appointments at your ASC.

I've seen other people who received NOAs the same time or later as I did but got biometrics appointments earlier. Our ASC in Charlotte, NC is a pretty busy one and during my AOS I had to wait for almost 2 months just to get an appointment. Right now I have to wait for a month, from the Bio NOA date, to go to my Bio appointment.

I hope you get your biometrics appointment soon. The trend at CSC has been a GC approval within 10-14 days after the biometrics is completed. Something to look forward to!

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

We filed at VSC 7/15 and had biometrics 9/11.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thanks for the replies. I guess we'll wait a little bit longer and see.

I have applied in July 17 and still don't have mine biometricks letter. I guess it is something to do with Tampa. Small office and a lot of people. So you aren't the only one.

Timeline

Yako-

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess it's a Tampa problem. I hope you get your bio appt letter soon! I'll be interested to know when you get it.

I don't know if it's gotten any better but when my husband went for the bio for AOS filing at the Tampa/Brandon office, he was there for a couple hours. I hope they have gotten faster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, you should definitely call them. I think that it is possible they sent a letter to the wrong place or it got lost. You should have had it by now I am sure. I got my letter two weeks after the NOA date. I know each office is different, but your situation strikes me as particularly odd.

Aug 2002

Entered US on TN work permit

2003 through 2007

Renewed TN Annually

March 2007

Eloped in Central Park on vernal equinox, then honeymooned in Paris.

April 2007

Early April: Renewed TN on return from Paris

June 2007

Sent in AOS/I-130/EAD package

July 2007

July 14: DOA1 - delay in processing because CIS told me to send package to the wrong center.

Late July: Received Biometrics notice

Aug 2007:

Aug 2: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 8: Received RFE for missing medical forms which CIS told me originally not to send in!!

Aug 16: Medical Forms Received at CIS

Aug 24: Received e-notice that EAD card was ordered (No more TN! yay!)

Aug 30: Last day of work on TN. Laid off from job. :(

September 2007

September 5: Received Card! Just in time. Started part-time grad school today.

October 2007

Oct 2: Received Interview Notice: Whoo-hoooo!

November 27 2007

Had GC interview, which went smooth as silk. Received passport stamp, too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Still waiting...

Hope you get it soon. More than two months and no bio letter seems odd.

Edited by tweety

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Timeline

I am not sure who I'd call. Does the national customer service even handle inquiries to biometrics appts? It seems it'd be a local thing.

Yako-if you read this, have you gotten an appt yet?

Timeline

I just called the customer service line for the heck of it. I got no info of course, because our case # still doesn't bring up a case. So calling that number won't help anything. I'm guessing I'd have to call local congressmen/women or representatives, or make an Infopass appt. We'll wait another week and see.

yeah. call your congress person AND make an infopass appointment

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I am not sure who I'd call. Does the national customer service even handle inquiries to biometrics appts? It seems it'd be a local thing.

Yako-if you read this, have you gotten an appt yet?

Had the same problem, you can read it here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=82318&hl=

I filed my forms in the end of June and got a bio day for October 10. I thought before they just forgot to schedule biometrics for me but reading you guys I think it's a Tampa problem- that office might be really very busy... especially after INS got an avalanche of papers in July...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.