pushbrk

Did you ignore sending bonafide marriage evidence?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The current I-130 instructions encourage petitioners to include documentation not previously requested on the old form. See below.

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed in1) through 4) above, you should submit one or more of thefollowing types of documentation that may evidence thatbona fides of your marriage:

1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

We've heard a lot about how people who have never lived together dealt with the above request but I'm curious to hear from people who filed in 2007 using the new form but either didn't see or ignored this request.

Has your I-130 been approved anyway? If not yet and no RFE, no need to answer. If you got an RFE, please let us know.

I'm posting this in the K3 forum as well, for obvious reasons.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The current I-130 instructions encourage petitioners to include documentation not previously requested on the old form.

We've heard a lot about how people who have never lived together dealt with the above request but I'm curious to hear from people who filed in 2007 using the new form but either didn't see or ignored this request.

Has your I-130 been approved anyway? If not yet and no RFE, no need to answer. If you got an RFE, please let us know.

Hi there,

Well, I didn't see this part when I filed, so basically ignored it and we were approved anyway. Mind you we do live at the same address in the same country and we have been married a while - I don't know if that has any bearing on it or not - one wouldn't think so.

Timeline
The current I-130 instructions encourage petitioners to include documentation not previously requested on the old form.

Hi there,

Well, I didn't see this part when I filed, so basically ignored it and we were approved anyway. Mind you we do live at the same address in the same country and we have been married a while - I don't know if that has any bearing on it or not - one wouldn't think so.

If anything, since you could have sent the evidence other can't, it is very telling. Although living at the same address, might have meant something. I'm thinking USCIS adjudicators may be ignoring this section too. :yes:

Let's see what other data points come in.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

We never sent anything in and we didn't get an RFE.

We didn't ignore it. Had I known I would have sent in something. We had printed up the (old) form when researching it and didn't re-read it when we were ready to apply. I was traumatized when I was made aware of the mistake, but then we got approved - so no more worries.

03/01/07 Mailed I-130 priority post to Nebraska.

06/19/07 Approved!!!

07/10/07 NVC assigned case #.

10/25/07 NVC Case Complete!!!!

01/22/08 Original Monreal interview- requested to reschedule, told 3-4 month wait.

04/17/08 Interview in Montreal

04/21/08 Received VISA package

06/24/08 Crossed border

07/26/08 Received conditional greencard

07/28/08 Received SSN in mail (went down and applied in person 07/14/08)

08/11/08 Infopass appointment to request 10yr greencard instead of conditional. Mailed out 1-90 with support.

09/25/08 Received case # for I-90

02/17/09 Received 10yr greencard!!! WOOHOO

Timeline

We didn't ignore it. Had I known I would have sent in something. We had printed up the (old) form when researching it and didn't re-read it when we were ready to apply. I was traumatized when I was made aware of the mistake, but then we got approved - so no more worries.

Did you file with the new form?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Did you file with the new form?

Yup. We just didn't read the instructions again.

03/01/07 Mailed I-130 priority post to Nebraska.

06/19/07 Approved!!!

07/10/07 NVC assigned case #.

10/25/07 NVC Case Complete!!!!

01/22/08 Original Monreal interview- requested to reschedule, told 3-4 month wait.

04/17/08 Interview in Montreal

04/21/08 Received VISA package

06/24/08 Crossed border

07/26/08 Received conditional greencard

07/28/08 Received SSN in mail (went down and applied in person 07/14/08)

08/11/08 Infopass appointment to request 10yr greencard instead of conditional. Mailed out 1-90 with support.

09/25/08 Received case # for I-90

02/17/09 Received 10yr greencard!!! WOOHOO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed w/the new form back in Jan and I didn't send in any add'l documentation of proof of marriage besides the marriage cert. I was approved in May. Also I did obtain a couple of affidavits from family that proves are marriage is real in case it's requested at the interview.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
I filed w/the new form back in Jan and I didn't send in any add'l documentation of proof of marriage besides the marriage cert. I was approved in May. Also I did obtain a couple of affidavits from family that proves are marriage is real in case it's requested at the interview.

Thanks for the report. Remember, it's not the "marriage" they're looking for evidence of. They have that in your marriage certificate. It is the bonafide ongoing relationship they are evaluating. Your ongoing communication and visits are more important at the interview than anything anybody not living in your home could write about your relationship.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I used the new I-130 back in February and included my marriage certificate and 2 affidavits, one from my sister and one from my mother. We were approved on 05/03 with no RFEs.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
I used the new I-130 back in February and included my marriage certificate and 2 affidavits, one from my sister and one from my mother. We were approved on 05/03 with no RFEs.

bump

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The current I-130 instructions encourage petitioners to include documentation not previously requested on the old form. See below.

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed in1) through 4) above, you should submit one or more of thefollowing types of documentation that may evidence thatbona fides of your marriage:

1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

we've seen that part when we filed but we just ignored it because my wife stayed with me in morocco for just a month so we didn't have any of the documentation they request.we filed in Jen and our I-130 was approved in March.

We filed in January, using the new form. Never saw the new requirements, had a mild eak-a-freak over it when we found this site and read about it, but were approved in 80 days regardless.

Timeline (2nd):

5/29/2009 - Filing I-751 Removal of conditions

6/01/2009 - CSC received I-751

6/04/2009 - check cashed (fast!)

6/08/2009 - received I-797C (receipt date 6/01)

6/22/2009 - received Biometrics Appt. Notice

7/01/2009 - received rescheduled Appt. Notice

7/23/2009 - Biometr. Appt.

7/24/2009 - A touch, a touch!

8/20/2009 - APPROVED! Oh, glorious day!

8/25/2009 - Card production e-mail received

8/31/2009 - Card received. Error :(

9/05/2009 - Returned green card with evidence of error & I-90

9/16/2009 - received I-797C (receipt date 9/14)

10/27/2009 - Correct card issued

Filed: Timeline

Sent out the old form. Got an RFE. Sent an official Household Registration Transcript showing my wife and I lived at the same place in her country. Approved.

-- Timeline --

CR-1:

USCIS-CSC: 126 Days (2/1/07-6/6/07)

Submitted visa petition.

RFE for more evidence of marriage.

Approved petition, then mailed to…

NRC: 96 Days (6/7/07-9/11/07)

...wrong center! National Record Center (NRC) is a storage center.

I had to request them to send it to the correct center. Delayed 96 days!

NVC: 84 Days (9/12/07-12/5/07)

Received petition. Now I apply for the visa.

NVC approves visa application and sends it to Taiwan consulate.

AIT: 34 Days (12/6/07-1/9/07)

American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) receives visa application.

2 Interviews. Visa in hand!

Total Days: 340 Days

K-3:

USCIS-CSC: 126 Days (2/1/07-6/6/07)

NVC: 21 Days (6/7/07-6/27/07)

AIT: 106 Days (6/28/07-10/11/07)

Problem with fingerprint, wait 2 months.

CR-1 almost done so wait for that instead.

Abandoned K-3 for CR-1 on 1/2/08

Total Days: 253 Days

Timeline
Sent out the old form. Got an RFE. Sent an official Household Registration Transcript showing my wife and I lived at the same place in her country. Approved.

What did the RFE ask for specifically?

Did only the I-129F get sent to NVC?

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.