June Kinney

I-751, CRI89, I-90, and 10 yrs greencard

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey Guys, my case is quite complicate. Hope it will be useful for others and if you see anything strange, please tell me.

- I got my conditional permanent status on July 16, 2004. Then a month later, I received the actual card and 5 Welcome Notices in mail.

- Jan 27, 2006 I got robbed in Savannah, Georgia. Those bad guys got my good attitude toward life along with the green card and other stuff.

- After I got my temporary passport, I flew back to Thailand from New York, and swore not to come back here again.

- March 2006, my husband reminded me that the U.S. permanent residency is not something you should throw away; he took me to see a lawyer.

- March 31, 2006 I filed Form I-90 to get the replacement of my stolen card. Actually I didn’t have to file this form since my green card is expiring. But the lawyer suggested that it was a good insurance, just to make sure that I will be able to enter the U.S. without the actual green card. Beside, I was supposed to file I-90 right after I got robbed in January instead of waiting this long.

- May 1, 2006 was the date NSC had received my I-751 application. About 3 weeks later, my lawyer got I-797C Notice of Action, given receipt date and number. I never got any notice from NSC, and the number they gave in the receipt to my lawyer never work either. It says, “The status for this receipt number can not be found…”

- May 14, 2006 I-797 of I-90 arrived at my address in the U.S., given the receipt date and number.

- June 24, 2006 I flew in the U.S. via Portland, Oregon. I entered with Re-Entry Permit along with police report, NOA of I-90, and a copy of my stolen green card: no problem. (I applied for the Re-Entry Permit before leaving the U.S. in October 2005 which I thought I would be outside the U.S. more than 1 year)

- July 17, 2006 one day after my conditional greencard expired, I got an Info pass to USCIS Seattle office, got I-551 stamp in my passport, and told them that I have moved to Seattle from North Platte, Nebraska. I also sent out AR-11 and called National Customer (heartless) Service Line to change my address. (Now they require you to call in to change your address, I spent over 2 hours on the phone, just hated it)

- July 25, 2006 I got Appointment Notice from NSC for Biometric Test at Omaha, NE, ASC for my I-90 application.

- July 26, 2006 I sent out letter to Seattle USCIS office asking for the appointment of Biometric Test in Seattle instead of Omaha. They sent me Appointment Notice for the appointment date; Oct 30, 2006.

- July 30, 2006 I got Welcome Notice, stated the same receipt number as the Welcome Notice when I first got my conditional green card: saying that my application for permanent resident is being processed. If approved, a permanent resident card will be mailed directly to me. It also said that the case type was I181 Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence. What the heck?

- After waiting anxiously for months, today I got my 10 years green card in mail along with Receipt Number which is different from the one in the NOA that my lawyer got. I used the new receipt number to check the case status online. The result is;

Application Type: CRI89, CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER

Current Status:

On October 10, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

- The processing date for I-751 of NSC as of Oct 12, 2006 is April 11, 2006. Again, what the heck? (my case was received on May 1, 2006)

I know I am suppose to be glad to get the 10 years greencard, but from the case status above, it is so confusing. I talked to my friend and did some research online. It seems like everyone who files I-751 will get the second notice as CRI89. Well, that’s fine. But strange thing will be some people got an appointment for biometric test for I-751 application too. Will I have to do that? Or is this green card in hand already the answer (which means no more harassment)?

Anyway, I already wrote an e-mail to my lawyer who didn’t seem to care about me since I left Bangkok. If he says something I will update with you guys.

Umm… What about my I-90 Biometric Test on Oct 30, 2006? Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to go in. I just hope that they will not take the card back from me.

Any questions or ideas?

Edited by June Kinney

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

this is a very interesting case for the records! but by the looks of it, you've been a approved for the 10 year card, now just 9 more months until you can naturalize, congratulations. :)

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks Aussielad. My lawyer has sent e-mail to NSC asking for more information. I will update the issue later. I hope this condition removal is finished. I'm really tired of dealing with the USCIS. Yes, 9 more months to go, for the Naturalization, and then it will be no more hassle.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

June Kinney and others who might know,

I have a similar situation at the moment, my purse just got stolen with my conditional green card (expiring in 3 months) in it. I just mailed the I-751 (removal of conditional) a couple of days after the card got stolen.

Do you think I should file the I-90 or just let the I-751 go through first?

Thanks a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.