barryT

The DHL Search thing

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I got my NVC notice that they received my petition and they were going to forward it within a week.

I've checked that DHL thing that Cécile saw on this site.

"GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track "

...and the only thing going out to France was on Sept. 29th.

I got an email from the NVC saying that "The visa petition you mentioned in your inquiry has recently been forwarded to the US Embassy/Consulate General. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy/Consulate General to receive the petition."

The DHL record says it was received on Oct 2nd, Roissy, France.

I'm thinking my petition has finally left US soil and has arrived where it should have been 90 days ago. Am I fooling myself?

Edited by barryT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't recommend using DHL tracking, as you can't be 100% sure the package you found contains your case. Contact NVC and check whether they have forwarded it. Then, with the case number assigned by them, contact the consulate/embassy to know whether they've gotten it.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.