gurdip

RFE?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there, I just recived an snail mail of my RFE, requestion the following three question to fill and send back, can anyone help me out on this, since they were asking for if

1) I had meed my fiance through any International Marriage Broker or not, did any have similar kind RFE and I did meet my fiance on indian matromonaly site online, so sud I have to to write that in reply of their question

2) 2nd question they are asking if I ever been convicted by a court law or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes, since my record is very clear and I never been convicted any felony or law, so do I leave this question by it self since none of those crime apply to me listed on this question

3) 3rd question is If I have provide information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being batterd or subjected to extreme cruelty by your spouse, parent or adult child at the time your conviction, check all that following apply to you, so none of those apply to me sud I leave just like those 2 question and just answer the first question which apply to me and send back, will be ok?

any help will be priciated thanx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's the IMBRA RFE. Check out the IMBRA forum if you're not familiar.

edit: I see you did kind of scrunchily answer your own questions. Sorry. The second and third you can leave blank (to my knowledge) and the first one... maybe someone will know. I don't know for sure.

Edited by Alex+R

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi there, I just recived an snail mail of my RFE, requestion the following three question to fill and send back, can anyone help me out on this, since they were asking for if

1) I had meed my fiance through any International Marriage Broker or not, did any have similar kind RFE and I did meet my fiance on indian matromonaly site online, so sud I have to to write that in reply of their question

2) 2nd question they are asking if I ever been convicted by a court law or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes, since my record is very clear and I never been convicted any felony or law, so do I leave this question by it self since none of those crime apply to me listed on this question

3) 3rd question is If I have provide information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being batterd or subjected to extreme cruelty by your spouse, parent or adult child at the time your conviction, check all that following apply to you, so none of those apply to me sud I leave just like those 2 question and just answer the first question which apply to me and send back, will be ok?

any help will be priciated thanx

- Did the indian matromony site online charge $$? If yes, mark the "YES" box at #1. Provide the name of the agency and their address and telephone #. If this "indian matromony site" was free, mark the "NO" box.

- Leave #2 and #3 blank

- Sign and date at the bottom.

- Mail it back to the Service Center.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Timeline
- Did the indian matromony site online charge $$? If yes, mark the "YES" box at #1. Provide the name of the agency and their address and telephone #. If this "indian matromony site" was free, mark the "NO" box.

Nooooooooo. I do know one thing, and that's that money alone is not all there is to it.

Timeline
Yes, this indian matromonal site charged me $30 3 months fees and its located in New York their office, so I wud write their address and phone in reply rite?

Joeyjoey is pretty casual about handing out information to people when he's not sure, but you're pretty casual about accepting information without asking anymore questions.

You didn't even mention if your fiance (or her family) also paid.

IMBRA is a big deal. But if you don't really care, it's your petition... :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, my fiance also paid money abroad to register this matromonal site, and which only way we able to contact each other through the site, so I hope this is all good to provide them with the agency location, name and number etc, rite?

thanx alot guys

Timeline
Yes, my fiance also paid money abroad to register this matromonal site, and which only way we able to contact each other through the site, so I hope this is all good to provide them with the agency location, name and number etc, rite?

thanx alot guys

Here is the definition for a Marriage Broker. After reading this and knowing your situation, you should be able to respond correctly to your IMBRA RFE correctly. Member "TomYu" posted this on Sept 11.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31286

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

POE & Texas Wedding

AOS

Timeline

Sorry, I mistyped the thread number!! Here's the text!

After reading this, I hope you can give the correct response to your IMBRA RFE!!

(4) INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER

.—

(A) IN GENERAL .—The term ‘‘international marriage broker’’ means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals.

( EXCEPTIONS

.—Such term does not include—

(i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit

basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the laws of the countries in which it operates, including

the laws of the United States; or

(ii) an entity that provides dating services if its principal business is not to provide international dating

services between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals and it charges

comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals it serves regardless of the individual’s

gender or country of citizenship.

---

(6) PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION

.—

(A) IN GENERAL

.—The term ‘‘personal contact information’’ means information, or a forum to obtain such informa-

tion, that would permit individuals to contact each other, including—

(i) the name or residential, postal, electronic mail, or instant message address of an individual;

(ii) the telephone, pager, cellphone, or fax number, or voice message mailbox of an individual; or

(iii) the provision of an opportunity for an in-person meeting.

( EXCEPTION

.—Such term does not include a photograph or general information about the background or interests of a person.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

POE & Texas Wedding

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.