a&o

Form OF-167 and DS-230 in packet 3

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm trying to put together the forms for packet 3 while we wait for it to be issued out of the Accra consulate. (Trying to assemble things ahead of time.)

On the Warsaw checklist linked to from VJ (at least I think that's where I saw it), there is a call for form OF-167. I can't seem to find this form on VJ example forms.

Does anyone know what this is?

Also, does DS-230 required for fiance K visas or is that for just K-3s? It asks for info I would assume you can't provide until after you (the fiance) are in the U.S.

Thanks! My head is spinning in form land.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OF-167 is the information form some consulates use to prove financial support. It's not a form as much as a list of what to provide. If your consulate requires it, they'll include it in your packet -- here's a copy from the CDJ consulate: http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwfof167.pdf

DS-230 appears to be for immigrant visas so it doesn't apply to a K1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Muchos gracias, kit kat!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Double check your consulate web site, as the DS-230 is required for the K1 in ours. However only part 1 is required, not part 2 in the P3 package you will be getting.

August-December 2004---------Together my baby.

June 2005-----------Together again.

November 2005-----Together again.

March 2006---------Together again.

July 2006------------Together again.

October-November 2006-------Together again.

April 28, 2006--------NOA1.

May 2006-------------IMBRA.

May 27, 2006--------Touched.

June 1, 2006---------Touched.

June 2, 2006---------Touched.

June 3, 2006---------Touched.

June 14, 2006-------Touched.

June 15, 2006-------Touched.

June 16, 2006-------Touched.

June 17, 2006-------Touched.

July 3, 2006---------Touched.

July 4, 2006---------Touched.

July 5, 2006---------Touched.

July 18, 2006--------Touched.

July 22, 2006--------Received IMBRA RFE.

July 24, 2006--------RFE returned Next Day Air to CSC.

July 25, 2006--------CSC receives RFE.

August 1, 2006------Touched 3 times.

August 1, 2006------Preliminary processing completed email.

August 2, 2006------Touched.

August 3, 2006------Touched.

August 7, 2006------Touched.

September 7, 2006---Touched.

September 7, 2006---Approved.

September 8, 2006---Touched.

September 11, 2006--Receive NOA2.

October 12, 2006-----Left NVC.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Double check your consulate web site, as the DS-230 is required for the K1 in ours. However only part 1 is required, not part 2 in the P3 package you will be getting.

I'm doing the K1 too. Also was advised to fill out Part 1 of DS 230. Am very confused because it asks for "SPOUSE" information, but we are not married (yet). Do we leave it as "N/A" or fill in with my information (as fiancee)? I'm more concerned that the consulate would have a fit over completed forms, automatically assuming we are married (we're not).

Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm doing the K1 too. Also was advised to fill out Part 1 of DS 230. Am very confused because it asks for "SPOUSE" information, but we are not married (yet). Do we leave it as "N/A" or fill in with my information (as fiancee)? I'm more concerned that the consulate would have a fit over completed forms, automatically assuming we are married (we're not).

Thanks.

If you don't have a spouse, the answer is "none". The DS 230 is used for fiance and spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.