Rahal and Donna

age different

159 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:help: I really need a answer to this question if any one knows.What kind of problems will we have because of our 23 years old age different,He is 25 years of age and I am 48 years young and I need to know has anyone out there has any advice,Please no stupid remarks about the age different.It's love,not age!!!!

Please someone help me.We will be married soon in Morocco.

[font=Lucida Console][size=7][b]undefined[/b] [i]undefined[/i] MRS DONNA MESSAF

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
:help: I really need a answer to this question if any one knows.What kind of problems will we have because of our 23 years old age different,He is 25 years of age and I am 48 years young and I need to know has anyone out there has any advice,Please no stupid remarks about the age different.It's love,not age!!!!

They will definitely be suspicious, so you should do your best to make sure all the evidence of a real relationship is there. If he is a Moroccan citizen, that may cause suspicion also. From the cases I have heard of, INS will believe the relationship was entered into good faith on your part, but they may believe that he is using you for citizenship without your knowledge.

6/27/06 NOA dates for I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485

7/17/06 received biometrics appt notice

7/27/06 biometrics completed

9/7/06 AP approved

9/13/06 EAD approved

11/6/06 received appointment notice for Dec 19th

12/19/06 Interviewed, approved, received stamp in passport

12/27/06 card production ordered

01/03/07 received green card (envelope postmarked 12/30/06)

09/20/08 Mailed I-751 to remove conditions

09/26/08 NOA date

10/16/08 Received biometrics notice

10/31/08 Biometrics

03/10/09 Transferred from VSC to CSC

05/15/09 I-751 approval noticed received in mail

12/01/09 Mailed N-400 for naturalization

12/07/09 NOA date

12/15/09 Received biometrics notice

01/04/10 Biometrics

02/17/10 Interview, approval, and oath

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

you will have a few...what other differences do you have?? language, religion, etc.??

The US Consulate wil not believe that its a valid relationship. Prepare plenty of proof...be prepared to go to the interviews. You may have to live there for a year or so just to give your relationship some credibility.

Check out the regional forum for No Africa...plety of ladies with the same problem.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

hello there me and my husband got a very huge age gap,,, 35 yrs but im now here in US got my greencard already,, all i can say is that, just be honest at the interview and everything will be okey.... if u got all the requirements that the government wants to have then u dont have any problem with age gap. Good luck

hello there me and my husband got a very huge age gap,,, 35 yrs but im now here in US got my greencard already,, all i can say is that, just be honest at the interview and everything will be okey.... if u got all the requirements that the government wants to have then u dont have any problem with age gap. Good luck

An age difference where the woman is considerably younger than the man may not be comparable to the OP's situation as she is the USC considerably older than her Moroccan fiance. It really depends on the cultural norms and other factors involved.

I have to reiterate desert_fox's suggestion. The Mid EastN. Africa regional forum does have several members faced with the same issue. Would be something to check out. Good luck.

ETA: you are marrying in Morocco, I would summize you would file for a marriage based visa - the AOS forum will probably not yeild the best results for you.

Edited by lal_brandow

Despite the challenges you're going to have with the US government, have you talked about things like having children and lifestyle differences? It's one thing to be adjusting to a different culture, yet another to have to adjust to a different generation, which is essentially what your age difference is... another generation.

He'll be a young man in the US, exposed to opportunities that he has never been exposed to. You have 'been there, done that'... be sure that's very clear between the two of you or you will be setting yourselves up for heartache.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The consulate in Morocco definitely looks more closely at relationships involving an older USC woman and a younger Moroccan man. The burden will be on you to prove the validity of your relationship.

We have an 18 year difference and it never was an obstacle either in our personal life or with USCIS. This October we will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary alhamdulliah.

Good luck in your journey.

Jackie

I dated someone who was 18 years my senior for almost a year. The relationship didn't work primarily because he had raised his children and wanted my 'undivided attention'. Even though he said he understoond my obligations, he could not cope with the fact that I had other commitments outside of our relationship and that my kids were my priority. For a 56-yr old man, he was very insecure, and I couldn't stand being smothered.

He only lived a mile away... and not on another continent.

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
you will have a few...what other differences do you have?? language, religion, etc.??

The US Consulate wil not believe that its a valid relationship. Prepare plenty of proof...be prepared to go to the interviews. You may have to live there for a year or so just to give your relationship some credibility.

Check out the regional forum for No Africa...plety of ladies with the same problem.

You mention preparing to go to the interviews. Is that possible? I thought it wasn't. I'll do anything if it will ensure that he gets approved.

timeline doesn't matter.

You mention preparing to go to the interviews. Is that possible? I thought it wasn't. I'll do anything if it will ensure that he gets approved.

Sonme Embassies/Consulates allow both partners to be there... others do not. You have to check.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know where you are in the process, but if I was to do it again I would send a letter to the USCIS along with the I-130 and the I-129F. In this letter I would address the age difference, or any other red flags that will cause the consulate to have suspicions. I believe that if the USCIS has already approved it with the knowledge of your red flags then they can't use that to send it back for further review.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't know where you are in the process, but if I was to do it again I would send a letter to the USCIS along with the I-130 and the I-129F. In this letter I would address the age difference, or any other red flags that will cause the consulate to have suspicions. I believe that if the USCIS has already approved it with the knowledge of your red flags then they can't use that to send it back for further review.

That's an excellent idea! :thumbs:

I-130 for CR-1

CSC

01/31/06 :: I-130 mailed

03/01/06 :: NOA1

05/09/06 :: NOA2

NVC

05/31/06 :: NVC case # assigned

06/12/06 :: AOS bill & DS-3032 generated

06/14/06 :: Emailed Choice of Agent

06/16/06 :: Email from NVC saying Choice of Agent accepted

06/19/06 :: IV Bill Generated

06/23/06 :: AOS Bill recieved

06/24/06 :: AOS Bill returned to NVC

06/26/06 :: IV bill recieved

06/27/06 :: IV Bill returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/12/06)

07/15/06 :: I-864 Recieved (NVC didn't report it was generated)

07/17/06 :: I-864 Returned to NVC

07/17/06 :: DS-230 Generated

07/00/06 :: DS-230 Recieved (I was away in Morocco to visit my Love)

07/29/06 :: DS-230 Returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/31/06)

09/05/06 :: RFE Generated (Mailed 09/09/06)

09/11/06 :: RFE Recieved (reqested a copy of biographical page of passport, I sent this with the DS-230))

09/12/06 :: RFE Returned (sent them what they asked for..for the second time!)

10/05/06 :: Case Complete

I-129F for K-3

03/02/06 :: I-129F Mailed

03/09/06 :: NOA1 (recieved 03/15/06)

03/21/06 :: Touched USCIS Recieved I-129 says 60-90 days for processing

07/03/06 :: RFE IMBRA Recieved

07/04/06 :: RFE IMBRA Returned (I did not send the second one)

08/07/06 :: NOA2 Approved

08/15/06 :: Petition sent to Casablanca & Case # assigned

09/01/06 :: Packet 3 Arrives INTERVIEW DATE SEPTEMBER 22nd!!

09/22/06 :: Successful Interview!! WOO HOO

10/12/06 :: Visa IN Hand

I dated someone who was 18 years my senior for almost a year. The relationship didn't work primarily because he had raised his children and wanted my 'undivided attention'. Even though he said he understoond my obligations, he could not cope with the fact that I had other commitments outside of our relationship and that my kids were my priority. For a 56-yr old man, he was very insecure, and I couldn't stand being smothered.

He only lived a mile away... and not on another continent.

Jen

Similar experience.....only with a 22 year gap....the older person can often be insecure. We have a 10 yr old son and I often feel sad for him that he will lose his father at a young age.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I have an 18 year age difference. When we went through the K-1 process, he was never questioned about this difference. His mother was 13 years older than his father. I don't know if they paid attention to this and didn't question him. We have never had a problem with this and he and I have now been married over 15 months and life just keeps getting better and better. I hope all goes well with you on your journey.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.