Linababe

Has anyone postponed an interview?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wanting to know if anyone has had to postpone the interview after getting the date? IN London preferably. If so how long can one get before scheduing another interview. Or will this cause problems like red flags or anything like that? What was your reasons? YOu cam pm me if you feel you dont want to post here:)

Any help advice is appreciated

Thanking in advance

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: Other Timeline

I recall a member going thru London asking for the interview date to be changed to a different one.

In other words they were asking for it to be moved and giving the consulate a new 'window of time'. I believe in their situation the request to change the date had something to do with personal matters he (the UK citizen) wanted to finish up before immigrating.

I presume this is what you are referring to, rather than simply saying 'I can't attend at this time and will inform you when I can'. If that's what you want to be able to do, I'm not certain you have that kind of flexibility.

Timeline

Thank you for your responses - I am unsure of what to do at this moent - My David is getting cold feet and decided to break off the relationship on saturday - I am hoping he will come to his sences but I dont know what to do - all I can do is give him time - which isnt good as my medical is 25th september and visa interview 12 october - I gues I wil have to cancel my medical and try and reschedule it later. But as far as I know if we dont attend the interview then thats it process over:(

I am devastated

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

Hugs, Lina! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think we're probably gonna have to do that, he still hasn't received packet 4 and his interview is next week :(

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Thank you for your responses - I am unsure of what to do at this moent - My David is getting cold feet and decided to break off the relationship on saturday - I am hoping he will come to his sences but I dont know what to do - all I can do is give him time - which isnt good as my medical is 25th september and visa interview 12 october - I gues I wil have to cancel my medical and try and reschedule it later. But as far as I know if we dont attend the interview then thats it process over:(

I am devastated

Lina, don't worry, do the medical and go to the interview. You have SIX MONTHS to use the visa.

If he's still dilly-dallying in six months, in all likelihood you'll decide enough is enough and you want to get on with your life without him anyway.

If he DOES come to his senses then you'll be all set.

It would be madness to mess the process up at this stage. Just go through the process, don't tell the officials anything, and then once you've got the visa see what's what.

If it's any comfort, I know SO many grooms who have had cold feet. For help on this, I'd recommend The Rules by Ellen Schneider and Sherrie Fein because there's a whole chapter on it, and see a support board about this very topic on www.therulesbook.com and click through to the Engaged board. Everyone on there had similar stories and the majority are now happily married. There is great advice on there. Basically if he gets cold feet you say 'OK' and get busy and get on with your life. Uusally they realise they're being silly, a life with you isn't a prison after all, and once that kerfuffle is settled you can get on with being together again.

The book's philosophy about this is that if he doesn't want to be with you, OK. Because who wants to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you? "If not him, someone better". When they get cold feet, you float away mentally and leave him to it. Use the time to see your girlfriends, catch up with people you haven't seen in ages, visit a heritage site or attraction in your country you've always wanted to.

Cry into your pillow, spend hours analysing with your girlfriends, go to a spa, buy clothes and eat lots of chocolate, do whatever works, but don't call him, communicate via email or text sparingly, and when he asks how you are, the answer is: 'Great!'

Basically you need to be brisk. If he doesn't want you that's absolutely fine, but you won't hang on forever and whatever way it goes, you need to get on with life whether that's with him or not because you haven't got all year!

Remember, you're absolutely fine and when he calls you don't have time for hours of weepy phone calls - you're too busy!

Men!

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage : 2006-06-03

I-130 Sent : 2006-06-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-06-19

I-130 Approved : 2006-08-09

NVC Received : 2006-08-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2006-09-07

Sent back DS-3032 2006-09-08

Sent Bill for I-864 2006-09-12

Received I-864 2006-09-22

Sent back I-864 2006-09-27

Received IV Bill 2006-09-26

Paid IV Bill 2006-09-27

IV Bill entered into NVC system 2006-10-02

Case Complete - 2006-11-21

K3 - First two dates are only approximate as did not keep exact record. Third date onwards is accurate

I-129f sent 2006-19-07

NOA1 received 10 days or so later.

Approval notice mailed from service centre to us 09/13/2006

Received approval notice two weeks later

Touched 14/09/2006

Case forwarded to London 10/03/2006

Have ignored K3 since then as we want the Green Card. Received a packet from Embassy around 10th Oct but did not note exact date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am devastated

Oh no, I'm so sorry :( I think you should go ahead with the medical ...I mean even if you get the visa you still have 6 months to decide...

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Timeline

Lina,

I concur with englishamericanvisa's suggestion. To request an interview postponement for the reason that you have could come back to haunt you. The 6 months that you will have to use the visa, once issued, should be adequate time for you to resolve the issue you face.

If you ultimately decide to not use the visa go back to the consular section to have it canceled so that it does not cause you problems with future travel to the USA that you might wish to undertake.

Yodrak

I am devastated

Lina, don't worry, do the medical and go to the interview. You have SIX MONTHS to use the visa.

If he's still dilly-dallying in six months, in all likelihood you'll decide enough is enough and you want to get on with your life without him anyway.

If he DOES come to his senses then you'll be all set.

It would be madness to mess the process up at this stage. Just go through the process, don't tell the officials anything, and then once you've got the visa see what's what.

Timeline

Thank you all - the only problem is i dont have the money for the medical:( he was supposed to send it to me and I cant get it from anywhere else - family are really not very happy about my decision - if i ask them they will say no as he is a looser and not helping you through this financially. I have to cancel my medical and hope that he comes to his senses before the 12th and then reschedule the medical.

I know I should leave him alone and have no contact what so ever - but I find it so hard - I am crying myself to sleep day and night i cant eat i am a total mess - i really dont have any friends locally to help suport me and go out and keep my mind busy - I sit at home all day - last few days ive just stayed in bed hardly eating just crying it hurts so much that we have come so close and yet we are so far. I was gonna send an email to london to ask if they could reschedue the appointment as I have personal and family problems right now - and if they can schedule it a month away plus I need the last appointment they can give - because I really cant do the 10am appointment. The trains are so expensive to get me there for 10 am

I last spoke to David 2 days ago and he kinda said there could be a slim chance he will change his mind but he doesnt want to talk to me right now - so i guess that is him wanting some time out to think things through. His main concern is that we fight and argue alot - but that has only been while I have been back here in england and the distance is killing me - when i was visitiing him we were fine had a wonderful time and he agreed on that too:) I spoke his best mates mum and dad - and well dad was so pissed at him for letting me go - they both told me that i was the best thing that ever hapened to him (even hs best friend told him that which i was surprised about cuz i thought he didnt like me)- and they said they will talk to him which they did - and i rang them again last night and they said he is gonna go fishing again with them this week so he will talk some more to him. I hope they can put sense into his mind. It is so hard not to pick up the phone and call him but when i do i cry and beg him to reconsider and I know this is not what he needs. Please pray for us - I know it would be silly to mess things up now for the visa - if we miss this date then we will have to apply all over again and yet another year waiting I cant do that - but I dont ever want to be with anyone else but David - I know deep down HE is the one. I cant move on with my life without him.

London Interview list

Filed: Other Timeline

Lina, are you sure you can't go to the medical? It USED to be that you couldn't even schedule one without paying for it - are you sure David hasn't already paid for it?

This isn't the first time he has broken off with you.

I'd still go to the medical if I were you, and the interview, but I'd think long and hard about this before I actually moved.

Timeline

No the medical has to be paid for on the day. Update: I rang the medical place and cancelled my appointment for MOnday - there is no way I can do it if he doesnt send me the money plus now the train prices have rocketted so high as it is too close to the day of travelling. I told them I will postpone it and book another time later. They said the medical has to be done 5 days before the interview - worse case scenario if I cant get 5 days before interview it can be up to the day before but it will just delay me getting the visa.

Plus I have to rearrange the interview date anyways as I have now found out to get to my 10am appointment I would have to leave leicester at around 6am on the train and the train fare is £84!!!! After 9am it is alot cheaper. I really really cant afford that at all right now:( So I am thinking about sending them an email sometime soon asking if they could give me another date and the last available appointment on the day. I was gonna say I had personal and family problems if they could try and schedule an appointment in november it would be very helpful. What do you all think to that? Any ideas on how I should maybe word the email?

As to David I still have no word - I hope he is seriously thinking about all this and gives us another chance.

Another question is the actual visa fee slip that I got with pack 4 - it says it needs to be paid by 30th september - what if i dont pay it by then? Do I email them to send me another slip?

Devastated Lina (UKC)

London Interview list

Lina

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I just wanted to let you know that Steven and I went through a similar issue and we broke up at Xmas, I held back on the visa application. We got back together a few months later and just continued with the process - Eventhough I went to the embassy to cancel the visa application.

We were able to retract the cancellation and continue but it was touch and go for a while.

If you want to PM me please go ahead.

Good Luck I hope things turn out ok.

K1

I-129F Sent : 19th October 2005

Interview Date 10th October 2006 10am

Interview Approved 7th November 2006

Visa delivered 9th November 2006

Finally where I belong S.C with my man 19th November 2006 WOOO HOOO!!!

Got Married 14th January 2007

AOS

Sent AOS docs 31st January 2007

USPS confirm delivered to USCIS 06th February 2007

I-797C Notice of Action dtd 9th Feb recvd 12th February 2007 (both my son and myself)

Biometrics Appointment 1st March 2007

Transfered to CSC 11th April 2007

GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 9th July 2007 All done till 2009!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Lina, I'm very sorry to hear of your situation, hopefully things will improve soon and he'll see what he's missing. About the paying in- slip, don't worry if you don't pay it before 30 September, the embassy can either send you a new one if you call them or on the day of your interview you can go up to the guard in charge of letting everyone in and they have a supply of the paying in slips there and he'll just give you a new one. There is a barclays bank about 10 mins walk away- that's what I did.

Timeline

UPDATE: No change yet... I havent spoken to David since monday night so I still have no idea what is going on. I have cancelled my medical and told them I will book it nearer the time of the interview. I wrote an email to the london embassy asking if they can reschedule an appointment sometime in november as I am having family and personal problems right now. I didnt go into any detail hope they dont ask:( Just waiting now to see what they say. I am still so upset crying all the time, still not eating well and not sleeping - I am a nervous wreck:( but I am trying not to think about it but it is so hard. I have decided not to contact him and wait for him to come to his sences - his best mate and mates mum and dad all tell him he is being silly as I have been the best thing to come into his life. So lets see if they can manage to get him to see sence.

Devastated Lina (UKC)

London Interview list

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hello Lina, I was so sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope you're feeling okay and that David soon comes to his senses! I understand your saying you wont go to the interview anyway, without his backing and knowing he is waiting for you it would be a very difficult thing to go through. Also you wouldn't want I'm sure to be chatting to a CO about your relationship right now. Best wishes.

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.