dallasguy7

Visitors Visa from Russia - It can be done

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Contrary to popular belief. It is possible for a woman to receive a visitors visa from Russia to the US. My fiance visited me for a month in Dallas this past June.

We intitally went through an agency to fill ot the proper papers for submission. My Elena needed to provide proof that she owned an apartment. She needed to provide proof that her two children were inrolled in school. She needed her international passport and birth certificate. Basically she had to provide evidence that she intended to return.

For my part I wrote an introduction and invitation letter. I supplied a copy of my passport and an I-134 evidence of support paperwork.

Elena travelled to Moscow for an interview and was approved right then and there. It was a wonderful month together and the visa was actaully good for up to six months. But she needed to return to her boys so we kept it short. We are now in the K-1 porcess and hope to be together by April next year.

Total cost including train fare. $340.00 US

Timeline

That is great, I wish I had tried for Anna but even Anna was convinced she would be denied.

I am happy she was able to visit. I wish you well on your journey.

Paul Misses Anna

So it was the school-aged children that sealed the deal?

Also, how did you find train fare from Moscow to Texas for $340. (Sorry, just had to be a smartass!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
Contrary to popular belief. It is possible for a woman to receive a visitors visa from Russia to the US. My fiance visited me for a month in Dallas this past June.

We are now in the K-1 porcess and hope to be together by April next year.

And you know, it is also possible to win the lottery jackpot or even smaller amounts from a "scratch-off" ticket.... but if you lose, your money is not refunded to you.

Yes, it is possible to get a tourist visa. It's also VERY possible to be declined by the Embassy, and any money that you have spent to attempt to gain this benefit, will NOT be refunded...

Ya pays your money, you takes your chances...

-- Dan

We intitally went through an agency to fill ot the proper papers for submission. My Elena needed to provide proof that she owned an apartment. She needed to provide proof that her two children were inrolled in school. She needed her international passport and birth certificate. Basically she had to provide evidence that she intended to return.

For my part I wrote an introduction and invitation letter. I supplied a copy of my passport and an I-134 evidence of support paperwork.

Elena travelled to Moscow for an interview and was approved right then and there. It was a wonderful month together and the visa was actaully good for up to six months. But she needed to return to her boys so we kept it short. We are now in the K-1 porcess and hope to be together by April next year.

BUT... you also can be denied.... Same info.. owns an apartment.. two kids (only one in school.. the other to young)... gave letter of invitation and of support... but denied... OH.. yes, she had an agency fill out the paperwork

Timeline

I guess my whole point was: It is better to try and fail than never to have tried at all.

It was worth the effort and the money. It would still have been worth it if she hadn't been approved.

BUT... you also can be denied.... Same info.. owns an apartment.. two kids (only one in school.. the other to young)... gave letter of invitation and of support... but denied... OH.. yes, she had an agency fill out the paperwork

It is never better to have tried and failed!

The only thing you gain from failure is experience at falling short of your initial goals! However, you do gain experience, so if you reset your goals.....

It would always be better to succeed though!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The only thing you gain from failure is experience at falling short of your initial goals! However, you do gain experience, so if you reset your goals.....

Context is everything, IMHO it is better to have tried and failed than to have not even tried. If you never try you end up with experiences that are everyone esles. If you try and fail well at least you tried. I don't think anyone would say it is better to try and fail if you could have succeeded. Succeeding is always better but some times you fail until you succeed.

Paul

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

IMHO, the children are responsible for the success :) The embassy staff is suspicious, but two school age children staying in Russia should be enough. (Acting as hostages, eah?)

By the way, when I was waiting in the line outside the US Embassy in Moscow, I saw a couple of girls who were instructed by a middle-age woman what to say during the interview. Looks like the woman was from some agency. I have no idea why she did not instruct the girls in the privacy of her office... I am not sure, but it seemed to me that there were some faked documents involved - children that did not exist in reality. As far as I understood, the girls were supposed to say that their babies would stay in Russia.

The girls were NOT issued the visas.

So even having kids may not be enough if they don't believe in your having kids :no:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

DId you see "Little miss Sunshine" recently?

Timeline

I personally think that it was a combination of all the things. Her oldest son is 19 now and her youngest is 6. But she went the extra mile before going to the embassy. She visited an office in town and received some official papers proving her ownership of property. She received papers from her oldest son's college about his enrollment and other papers from her youngest sons school also. I guess the invitation letter was pretty good because I am told the agency we used now recommends it for other whoo are trying for the visitors visa.

It could have also been her age (40) But who really knows. Maybe the guy who interviewed her just liked her. She told me that he asked her if she planned to stay in America. She answered "Yes" Then smiled at him and told him it would not be on this trip. She was going to see what america was like and then we would submit the K-1 visa papers when she returned. He asked how long we had known each other and been engaged (2.5 years) He seemed impressed by it. He then congratulated her and told her that he looked forward to seeing her at the K-1 interview. Whole thing lasted 5 minutes and she was out of there. :)

DId you see "Little miss Sunshine" recently?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
IMHO, the children are responsible for the success :) The embassy staff is suspicious, but two school age children staying in Russia should be enough. (Acting as hostages, eah?)
Well I have spoken to people in Russia who have been denied. They were planning to travel alone leaving behind two school age kids, husband, flat, car, and $1,000 a month job for a two week trip.

Result?

Denied.

Reason:

Immigrant intent.

Isn't that amazing?

And all of those things were real and documented. And their case is not an anomaly but rather very common.

Timeline

I feel very blessed then! :)

Well I have spoken to people in Russia who have been denied. They were planning to travel alone leaving behind two school age kids, husband, flat, car, and $1,000 a month job for a two week trip.

Result?

Denied.

Reason:

Immigrant intent.

Isn't that amazing?

And all of those things were real and documented. And their case is not an anomaly but rather very common.

I am not sure, but it seemed to me that there were some faked documents involved

Noooooooooooooooooo... faked documents involved??? In Russia??

Where on earth would my ex-wife EVER have gotten the idea to "fake" documents to give to the USCIS for her lifting of conditions...

Surely this ~never~ takes place in Russia???

LOL

-- Dan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Where on earth would my ex-wife EVER have gotten the idea to "fake" documents to give to the USCIS for her lifting of conditions...
I don't think your ex-wife needs any "fake" documents to lift conditions.

A bona fide marriage can easily be shown through the "commingling" of finances for two years. Also living at the same address. It is not that high of a standard. You don't need video tapes of your bedroom!

What kind of "fake" documents did you have in mind?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.