476 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello... it is with great happiness I am finally posting in this section... Miss Hue is now in America and is actually my Mrs. now!!!... We could'nt be happier....

My wife was told she had to schedule an appointment with a Dr. by Feb. 27th (she interviewed Jan. 24 and just arrived Feb 9th), but she was not told where or with whom or what for. She just received a little slip from the IOM, written in VN. Is this for an update on immunizations? We have not even sent the I-485 yet (waiting for certified copies of the marriage cert).

Thanks for any help you can give... :yes:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Event Date

I-129F Sent:.................2005-04-05

I-129F NOA1 :...............2005-04-11

I-129F RFE(s) :..............2005-07-13 (original signatures)

RFE Reply(s) :...............2005-07-15

I-129F NOA2 :...............2005-07-25

Visa Center Received......2006-08-09

Visa center sent.............2006-08-12

Consulate Received:.......2005-08-16 ( electronic file)

Consulate Received:.......2005-08-26 (physical file)

Consulate Sent Packet 3:.2005-10- 12

Packet 3 Received:.........2005-10-24

Packet 3 Sent:...............2005-10-26

Packet 4 Received:.........2005-12-25

Interview Date:.............2006-01-24, Hue's birthday!!!

Visa Received:.............. 2006-02-08 Miss Hue Passed!!!

US Entry:.....................2006-02-09

Marriage:.....................2006-02-16!!!

AOS filed......................2006-03-26

AOS received.................2006-03-31

AOS Notice ...................2006-04-05

Biometrics....................2006-05-02

EAD filed (online)...........2006-05-22 (Miss Hue is bored)

EAD Notice....................2006-05-22

EAD Biometrics..............2006-05-26

Comments : Yes, I would do it all over again!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! Quick question here...

A friend of mine from Venezuela has been to the US for 2 years with a student visa (she goes to college here) but she got married 2 weeks ago with an American citizen. They asked me how I have been doing with my AOS. My case is very different since I arrived with a K-1 visa. So I don't know what to answer to her, and they don't have a clue about where to start. Which should be the first steps for them to take?

Thanks!!!

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

I need help. I am a k1 visa holder and I just got married and need to know where to file my I 485 AOS. The forms say I can file at the local office. I live in Washington DC. The forms also mention the Chicago lockbox facility.

The visa journey webiste says I should not send them to the local office.

I found a local district office in Baltimore through the infopass option on the USCIS website. However, even afer calling them , I cannot say for sure if that is the office I should send my AOS to.

Please help!

where should I file if I live in DC? Is there a way to find the offices?

Thanks

Anu

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello friends,

I need help. I am a k1 visa holder and I just got married and need to know where to file my I 485 AOS. The forms say I can file at the local office. I live in Washington DC. The forms also mention the Chicago lockbox facility.

The visa journey webiste says I should not send them to the local office.

I found a local district office in Baltimore through the infopass option on the USCIS website. However, even afer calling them , I cannot say for sure if that is the office I should send my AOS to.

Please help!

where should I file if I live in DC? Is there a way to find the offices?

Thanks

Anu

Anu,

please see the online form instructions for correct fee and mailing information at uscis.gov

The forms are incorrect.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thanks for your help! I checked the site and it lists an address in fairfax, virginia that services my area....thank you so much.

Anu

Anu, please check again before you mail anything. These are the instructions for form I-485. Be careful about what else you need to submit with it:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm#fba

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello! Quick question here...

A friend of mine from Venezuela has been to the US for 2 years with a student visa (she goes to college here) but she got married 2 weeks ago with an American citizen. They asked me how I have been doing with my AOS. My case is very different since I arrived with a K-1 visa. So I don't know what to answer to her, and they don't have a clue about where to start. Which should be the first steps for them to take?

Thanks!!!

I just finished applying for permanent residency by AOS after I came to the United States to visit and got married while here. The first thing my husband and I did was consult a lawyer, and because I was legally in the country (as I assume your friend is) but as a visitor in my case, he said that I could just adjust my status and not worry about applying via the k3 process. He instructed me to make sure that I did NOT leave the country for ANY reason, or I would be denied re entry before my petition was completed (unless I qualified for advanced parole, but he did not recommend applying for it unless for a life or death reason)

The AOS procedure is the same as the one the you went through, except she doesn't need to apply for a K3. Some say it takes less time to apply for the K3, but we filed our application on February 26, 2006 and I just completed my interview and was approved on June 6, 2006.

Now, I'm not sure if I got anywhere faster because I hired a lawyer to file the paperwork, but at least we didn't need to worry that paperwork would be incorrect. My lawyer was excellent, and the cost to have him to the paperwork was only 750.00, not including the filing fees of about 765.00

If your friend wants a free consulation with him, he will personally talk with them and not charge for the initial discussion, whether or not they hire his services.

If interested, his website is this....http://www.advancedimmigration.com/ He was very helpful, and answered all of our questions even though we hadn't made any decisions about hiring him. He also allows for a payment plan as well.

Hope this helps

:)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't think that was legal, but the immigration system is so messed up maybe that's a loophole.

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

I didn't think that was legal, but the immigration system is so messed up maybe that's a loophole.

No not illegal but one must be otherwise eligible and have entered the US legally/been inspected and granted entry.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Hi, guys

Would you please help me with some question regarding AOS based on marriage with USC

1. Do we need letter from petitioner's bank to send with AOS application?

2. Do we both need to fill out G0325A? If yes, so we need 4 pages for each of us?

Thank you so much

Hi there,

The petitioner does not need to fill out another G325A. You, as the k1 visa holder, fill out another one because your information has changed, and you probably have a social security number by now and and A -number as well.

You need all 4 pages of the G325A

you need all necessary financial information you can provide. Bank balance/statement, pay stubs, tax returns for 3 years. This supports your petitioner's affidavit.

Hi there,

The petitioner does not need to fill out another G325A. You, as the k1 visa holder, fill out another one because your information has changed, and you probably have a social security number by now and and A -number as well.

You need all 4 pages of the G325A

you need all necessary financial information you can provide. Bank balance/statement, pay stubs, tax returns for 3 years. This supports your petitioner's affidavit.

Thank you for the information.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi there,

I'm kind of confused. I got here on my K1 Visa. After my fiance and I are getting married we file for AOS. We live in Delaware, does that mean we have to send all papers to Chicago?? I hope I understood it right?

Do we have to send in a new bankletter with the forms or can we just use the one from the K1 process?

I hope someone can help me...

Thanks

Nina

.png

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

K-1 - Timeline:

01-27-2006 - sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

02-02-2006 - NOA1

02-25-2006 - RFE

03-14-2006 - RFE Reply

03-31-2006 - NOA2

04/11/2006 - received packet 3

04/18/2006 - sent packet 3

- medical in Frankfurt

- received package 4

05/22/2006 - Interview date in Frankfurt

05/29/2006 - package with visa received

06/22/2006 - flight to US

08/26/2006 -Wedding

AOS - Timeline:

09/26/2006 - sent AOS, AP and EAD to Chicago

10/05/2006 - NOA1

10/19/2006 - Biometric Appointment

10/24/2006 - Case transfered to CA

10/27/2006 - Case recived at CA

11/24/2006 - Got approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.