mvp3986

Fiance's child added to K1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha fellow VJ members.... My K1 was submitted to the CSC and my NOA1 is dated July 8th, 2006. My I-129F does not list the my fiance's son because her adoption of the child has not yet been completed. I was advised by my local INS office here in Honolulu that the child's name can be added to the petition on the date of my fiance's interview at the embassy in Manila. My fiance is unsure if her son will need to also submit to a medical exam and an interview. Our intention for her son is that he will follow his mother here at a later date within the one year time limit. I have not heard of children needing to be interviewed or being subject to a medical exam. From what I have seen in some timelines, the medical occurs first and then the interview. If a medical for her son is required, the embassy will not be aware of her son's name on the petition since it will not be added until the day of her interview which is AFTER her medical already is finished. Does anyone know what the requirements would be, if any, for her son? Much Mahalo. PS. I will create and add my timeline ASAP.

Jun 5, 2002 - Met online

Feb 11, 2005 - Met first time in person

Sep 2, 2005 - Met second time in person

Jul 3, 2006 - Submitted I-129F

Jul 5, 2006 - CSC received I-129F

Jul 7, 2006 - Met third time in person / Engagement ring

Jul 10, 2006 - NOA1

Sep 19, 2006 - NOA2

Oct 10, 2006 - Petition at NVC Assigned Case Number: MNL200678xxxx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Medical examination

All visa applicants, regardless of age, need to complete a medical examination at the St. Luke’s Extension Clinic before the visa interview.

The cost of the medical exam is US$95 for adults (15 years and older) and US$67 for children under 15 years of age. Repeat X-rays will cost US$7 each. These fees must be paid in peso equivalent at the prevailing Embassy exchange rate.

Children younger than 15 years old will not need a chest X-ray or serological test unless required by the doctor. According to the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS), chest X-rays for pregnant women are not dangerous if taken with the proper shielding. If you have had any previous X-rays, please bring them along for comparative study.

A blood test to check for HIV is required for applicants at least 15 years old. HIV is the virus that causes the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or AIDS and impairs a person’s immunity against disease.

Medical results must still be valid upon the applicant’s entry to the United States. Results of the medical examination are generally valid for one year. However, in certain cases validity may be limited to six months or less.

The St. Luke’s Extension Clinic is located at 1177 J. Bocobo St., Ermita, Manila, telephone no. 521-0020 and 521-8647.

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3218.html

Junior (Alabama, USA) Mary Grace (Philippines)

AOS transferred to CSC April 11, 2007

I-485 approval notice October 5, 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't know about Manila but we did this same thing in Russia. We did not include my fiancee's daughter in the I-129F but did include it in the package sent to the embassy. My fiancee and her daughter had their medical and interviews together. Her daughter was to follow 3 months later, BUT this did present some trouble at the time of the interview. The documents ask if the child will travel with the parent, and we checked the box "no". I was waiting for them outside the embassy and I could tell by their look something was wrong. The interviewer said my fiancee was awarded her visa, but the child would have to return for a second interview. Thank goodness I was there and after a short time I had a conversation with a CO. It seems the problem is that although the child can travel up to a year later the medical is only good for 6 months. They did not know when the child would travel so they had to assume it could be more than 6 months later. I explained it would only be 3 months and they said OK, they would award the visa.

HOWEVER....when we picked up the DHL package with the passports and visas her daughter's passport and visa where not there, just a note about some problem....

One more visit to the embassy to find out they had lost the record of the payment fot the daughter's visa. I gave them a copy of the receipt and they were satisfied and finished the visa.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Neonred,

If the child's name was not included in the I-129F you submitted, what procedure did you follow so that she was able to join your fiancee during the medical exam and interview?

Added her name to the docments the embassy sent prior to the interview.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Everybody,

Point of clarification: 'Traveling With' does not necessarily mean physically traveling together, it means that parent and child are applying for their visas together, at the same time. The visas will normally be issued at the same time and with the same Issue and Expiration dates. Use this option if the child will going to the USA within 6 months.

'Following to Join' means that the child will be applying for their visa separately, at some time after the parent applies (recognizing that the visa must be issued within 1 year from the date that the parent's visa is issued). Use this option if it is expected that the child will not come to the USA within 6 months. Pushed to the limit the child can come to the USA as much as almost 18 months after the parent's visa is issued (12 months to get the visa then 6 months to use the visa).

No comment on the issue of the medical exam being considered valid for 6 months at the US consulate in Russia.

Yodrak

..... We did not include my fiancee's daughter in the I-129F but did include it in the package sent to the embassy. My fiancee and her daughter had their medical and interviews together. Her daughter was to follow 3 months later, BUT this did present some trouble at the time of the interview. The documents ask if the child will travel with the parent, and we checked the box "no". I was waiting for them outside the embassy and I could tell by their look something was wrong. The interviewer said my fiancee was awarded her visa, but the child would have to return for a second interview. Thank goodness I was there and after a short time I had a conversation with a CO. It seems the problem is that although the child can travel up to a year later the medical is only good for 6 months. They did not know when the child would travel so they had to assume it could be more than 6 months later. I explained it would only be 3 months and they said OK, they would award the visa.

LadyJustice,

Already answered by NeonRed?

Yodrak

How do I get his name included so that he can also go with me for medical exam and interview? He won't be allowed to go inside the clinic and the embassy without an appointment letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.