britishamericanvisa

Intimate Examinations at Medical??

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've looked at the USCIS website. There's a whole page on the medical exams, including the form the civil surgeon fills in - AND what they're testing for.

Here's the thing: they test for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Well, the only way you can diagnose those things is a swab down the ####### for men and a smear-test-like swab for women. The guidelines on the USCIS website for the doctors also state 'to include complete disrobing'. Sorry, but if this were Europe I think the Court of Human Rights would have something to say about that.

SURELY they don't do this??????????? Anyone had the medicals? Did it involve any genital stuff? If so I'd be totally outraged and would not set foot in the US if I didn't love my husband so much!

From hearsay, it seems as if not all these things are carried out on the ground, as it were. But if you look at the USCIS website this is what the doctors are instructed to do - it's DISGUSTING!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I dont know about the procedure as we havent gotten that far, however I can say, I am glad I dont have to have it done!!! :lol::lol::lol:

But when we were first married my hubby was gonna stay and just adjust his status from here and we went for a medical and they did not do that, tho we cannot include that medical due to the time it was given (we were told they must be done within 6 months of interview) Anywhoo circumstances changed and we are filing differently now so he will have a new medical. I would think that they me able to check those things with your blood, maybe I am wrong.

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's a basic medical, which always include disrobing as far as I know. I don't see the problem at all.

The genital exam is brief and was carried out by a lady nurse. I'm sure you can ask for a lady nurse to be present if you feel uncomfortable, but a strip-down-medical is by no means disgusting or something that would need to be referred to Human Rights. They do not perform a smear test or anything like that, it's brief and serves it purpose. Surely you get a smear test every year and are not apalled at them?

They test for HIV and chlamydia with a blood test in Ireland, not sure in the UK.

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

I never had to completely undress for my medical....nor were the frilly bits examined etc. I was allowed to keep my knickers (wore them that day :blush: ) and bra on, with a robe put on over the top. There are some countries that do seem to go the full distance for these medicals.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Sorry, but if this were Europe I think the Court of Human Rights would have something to say about that.

SURELY they don't do this???????????

Did it involve any genital stuff? If so I'd be totally outraged and would not set foot in the US if I didn't love my husband so much!

it's DISGUSTING!

Even if they DID do this.... what is the big issue with having a full medical? Why is it a problem to be tested for diseases that you and your partner should know about?

You've never had a Pap smear? Is that also "disgusting"?

Sorry if your body "disgusts" you so much, but they (US Gov't) want to be sure that you don't have any nasty secrets you're possibly keeping from your husband or, more importantly, that would result in you likely becoming a public charge in the future (ie: Welfare, Medicaid, etc)

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

i don't really see the big deal about disrobing for a medical visit. for a physical...come on...it's a given! lol. noone likes it, but it's gotta be done.

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: Other Timeline

I didn't have any internal genital exam during my medical. Just had to take off the clothes and put on that paper gown with undies still on. No big deal really.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

It's a medical EXAM, for crying out loud.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Other Timeline

Sheesh.

An exam for infectious diseases is hardly disgusting. It's a medical necessity.

That being said, they don't do any swabs. They will probably ask you to disrobe.

Have a baby and then we'll see how much modesty you have left......personally when it comes to medical procedures I have none. The docs and nurses are medical professionals - not perverts.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I doubt that you have anything that a doctor hasnt seen 10,000 times before.....

having a baby I guess would be totally disgusting then.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

I doubt that you have anything that a doctor hasnt seen 10,000 times before.....

having a baby I guess would be totally disgusting then.

Yes, thoroughly vile.

America is such a backward-####### country.... IMAGINE! Taking off your clothes for a medical exam. Why, in the UK, doctors use their magic X-Ray vision to see through clothes! They can give you a full exam in 42 seconds without even having to touch you! The United States is still living in the stone age. I'll bet they even still use petrol in their cars instead of them running entirely on marmite like they do in the UK.....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

do you want a visa to be with your love, or do you want to make a political statement? haven't you ever had a gynocological exam? wow, if this is the kind of stuff that ruffles your feathers i feel sorry for your hubby.

Wow hope you never decide to have children.... :no: can you imagine a Doctor having his hand inside you to help the baby's head come out.... :o how disgusting!!!!! By the time you have had your first child you will have had more people look at your girlie bits than have looked in your ears!!!! :yes:

Do you think going to the Dentist is disgusting??? after all to the medical Staff you ####### is just another orifice.... same as your mouth... :whistle:

Enjoy your medical

Kezzie

Kezzie,

Nah, a #######'s a much safer orifice to work with. No teeth.

Yodrak

Do you think going to the Dentist is disgusting??? after all to the medical Staff you ####### is just another orifice.... same as your mouth...

Enjoy your medical

Kezzie

You've been lucky in your associations with women, then.....

To quote (or paraphrase) Stephen King: "They say a stiff dcki has no conscience, but some cu**s have teeth!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.