Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

The other two threads were soooo popular they actually slowed the board down! Here is part 3, enjoy!

Previous thread location: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The other two threads were soooo popular they actually slowed the board down! Here is part 3, enjoy!

Previous thread location: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41

We did it again :unsure:

Welcome to our new home

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WELCOME Mindy (Mango)!

Well since we have two mindys i hope u wont mind me calling you mango. even though i dont eat mangoes much since i gave birth(go figure- and my 9month old is in jamaica now eating mangoes out of season.

if i can be of any help just drop me a line.....

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Filed: Timeline

Good morning.

Looks like we talked waaay to much :P so we have a new home again :hehe: .

I hope everyone gets some relief from the heat soon. We had a little break yesterday and it looks like the next few days will be a little better.

The gas prices here are getting too outrageous :angry: . I moved closer to the workplace but in the back of my mind I'm considering looking for a job closer to home.

Rhonda-working 7 days a week in just too much. Do your supervisors work 7 days a week too? Are you working more than 8 hours a day?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good mornign ladies.

welcome mangogirl ( mindy)

congrats and best wishes to all. Dee&dave you guys will be just ok for you interview.

Mindy I see you got it.

well, this is our third home ( second for me) to backfoot, when we woman get together, buoy there is no limit to aneting. .

mi gwan again, lata and one luv to all.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the "welcomes" looking forward to being part of this family :dance:

2 questions today:

1. I rec the first NOA and at the bottom is says California service center, I sent it to Nebraska, I'm guessing this means I've been transferred to CA ?

2. I reg my receipt number on the uscis website but how can you tell if you've been "touched" ???

It's gonna be hot hot hot here all weekend BUT I'm going to the Northwest Reggae Festival.. woo hooo.. 3 days of great music! The only down side is camping in a tent... i'm not really a camping in the woods type of person but since it's gonna be so hot it will probably be nice to sleep outside! :thumbs:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Does anyone have the Yahoo link that I can look at wedding pic's / and or other pics of member??

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just testing my signature.

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I've post. Just wanted to say hello to all and congrats to all moving a step closer to the end of the visa journey tunnel. Welcome Mangogirl (Mindy).

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for all the "welcomes" looking forward to being part of this family :dance:

2 questions today:

1. I rec the first NOA and at the bottom is says California service center, I sent it to Nebraska, I'm guessing this means I've been transferred to CA ?

2. I reg my receipt number on the uscis website but how can you tell if you've been "touched" ???

It's gonna be hot hot hot here all weekend BUT I'm going to the Northwest Reggae Festival.. woo hooo.. 3 days of great music! The only down side is camping in a tent... i'm not really a camping in the woods type of person but since it's gonna be so hot it will probably be nice to sleep outside! :thumbs:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Does anyone have the Yahoo link that I can look at wedding pic's / and or other pics of member??

Hi Mangogirl,

1. Unsure of that response srry :no:

2. when you log on the 'date updated' if it has changed that means you have been touched.

good luck @ the festival this weekend.

Hi, ms nysness.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I've post. Just wanted to say hello to all and congrats to all moving a step closer to the end of the visa journey tunnel. Welcome Mangogirl (Mindy).

Good Morning (L)

Hi Anna :luv: Nice to see you are doing well. How is the weight loss going?

Well wish me luck y'all...today is my meeting with my boss in which I will be giving my 2 weeks notice. I have been trying to have this meeting for the last week and a half but I have been nervous and all that jazz...but today is the day...I have to do it. Once this is over with it will be a big weight off my chest and shoulders and my mind.

Jamie :star:

Wow we chat a lot...we are on part 3 already :lol:

Mango Mindy...what 3 letters does your reciept number start with? That will determine what service center it is at. Also what is the JA scene like around Portland? Anything exciting? And not to be nosey or anything but what is your connection to JA? How did you meet your fiance?

Timeline

Hi Jamie,

My weight loss have been great I lost a total of 51 lbs. :D I have another 45 lbs to go but I'm taking it easy for the summer.

Mangogirl (Mindy) - I don't remember what you are filing but NSC is no longer processing K1's. They are all being forwarded to CSC for processing.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Anna~ have you and Javon made any decisions on what you are going to do? Are you still thinking about doing the K3?

That is a lot of weight!!! Congrats :dance::dance:

Yes we have and we're going to do the K3 just need to set a date. I'm going down later this year to get everything finalized.

Thanks I have been working out like crazy and it paid off. My baby keep telling me not to get too small and it just cracks me up..lol

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

My baby keep telling me not to get too small and it just cracks me up..lol

Roy says that all the time as he is <holding me down :jest:> shoving dumplings and rice & peas down my throat :lol: :lol: Anna, congratulations on the weight loss. Don't be such a stranger we really miss you around here!!

[Well wish me luck y'all...today is my meeting with my boss in which I will be giving my 2 weeks notic

I have EVERYTHING crossed for you. Let us know how it goes!! Good Luck!!

Hey Mango.....I think you will have to wait until Squitto gets back from her honeymoon. I believe she is the only one who cah grant you access to the site. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.... :help:

We did it again :unsure: Welcome to our new home

See Popcorn....you come back and look what happens!! Don't leave us for so long next time!!! :crying:

I'm going to the Northwest Reggae Festival.. woo hooo.. 3 days of great music!

Have a great time.....who's playing?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

((Waving))

Anna - congrats on the weight loss :thumbs: that is great! Good luck with the K3 also

Hey Papcawn - when will your boys return?

Dee - good luck today!!

Jamie - good luck (L) do you have another job lined up? Or taking time off for school?

Hey Marsha

Mango - I believe Squitto will have to send you an invite. Not sure if other members can do it but if you pm me your email address I'll try

Hey Mindy (F)

Where is Eliz? Her fingers must be tired, typing for that third heart :whistle::P

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.