PeridotGirl

Need help for FORM I-751

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all VJ members:

I am a new member and this is my 1st time post.

I am ready to file form I-751 on about November 19 next month but I have a question about this form.

On top of the form I-751 said it expired on 10/31/2009, I can use this form or not or I have to wait until next month.

Thank you in advance for all the answer. :help:

Hello all VJ members:

I am ready to file form I-751 on about November 19 next month but I have a question about this form.

On top of the form I-751 said it expired on 10/31/2009, I can use this form or not or I have to wait until next month.

Strange. I did not even notice that expiration date when I sent in my paperwork (although, I sent mine in in September, so it would not have affected me). I would probably wait until the beginning of November and see if they provide an updated version of it online (just to be safe). In the meantime, definitely get to work on getting all of your other documents together. The I-751 takes no time at all to fill out as it is really basic, so I would leave that till last for now (but print out the instructions today, so you know what other paperwork to start getting together) ... and focus on all of the other stuff that takes awhile to compile. Good luck!!! :hehe:

Removal of Conditions.

I-751 Sent - Received by CSC - 9/11/09

Receipt (NOA) Received - 9/18/09

ASC (Biometrics) Appointment Notice Received - 9/23/09 (Appointment Date: 10/16/09)

Biometrics Appointment - 10/16

Email notification of "Card in production" - 10/21 *HOORAY*

Email notification of "Approval notice sent" - 10/26 *More HOORAY*

GC arrived in the mail (along with separate Approval Letter) - 10/26 *Ultimate HOORAY*

Next Step - Citizenship - 09/2012

Timeline
Hello all VJ members:

Strange. I did not even notice that expiration date when I sent in my paperwork (although, I sent mine in in September, so it would not have affected me). I would probably wait until the beginning of November and see if they provide an updated version of it online (just to be safe). In the meantime, definitely get to work on getting all of your other documents together. The I-751 takes no time at all to fill out as it is really basic, so I would leave that till last for now (but print out the instructions today, so you know what other paperwork to start getting together) ... and focus on all of the other stuff that takes awhile to compile. Good luck!!! :hehe:

Thank you " CaninCali " for your answer, I will wait until next month to make sure before I send out the paperwork.

I have one more question about the Certificate of Marriage. Can I used the same one for the 2 years Green card.

I am not sure because on the Certificate of Marriage on the (25B. License expires after 09/08/2007) shown on the certificate.

This certificate I did order on 06/11/2007.

Please help on this issued.

Thank you again.

Hello all VJ members:

Thank you " CaninCali " for your answer, I will wait until next month to make sure before I send out the paperwork.

I have one more question about the Certificate of Marriage. Can I used the same one for the 2 years Green card.

I am not sure because on the Certificate of Marriage on the (25B. License expires after 09/08/2007) shown on the certificate.

This certificate I did order on 06/11/2007.

Please help on this issued.

Thank you again.

Wow. I had not noticed that. I am sending my package in November too. Now, I will have to wait to see if the expiration date changes before I print it out.

Naturalization:

11/22/2010 Sent N400. Day 01

11/30/2010 Check cashed. Day 08

12/02/2010 NOA. Day 10

12/10/2010 Biometrics. Day 18

02/17/2011 Interview. Day 85

02/17/2011 Oath Ceremony. Day 85

02/18/2011 Applied for U.S. Passport Book/Card. Day 86

02/23/2011 Passport application received. Day 91

03/10/2011 Passport book received. Day 106

03/11/2011 Certificate of Naturalization returned. Day 107

03/12/2011 Passport card received. Day 108

My Immigration journey is finally over yes!!!

You don't need to include your marriage certificate with the I-751 so don't worry about it at all.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Forms that seem 'out of date' can still be used after that date has passed. It just depends on what USCIS wants, and/or if they have a new form to replace the 'out of date' one. Before you file, be sure to go to USCIS' website and figure out which versions of the form they're still accepting.

Normally, they refer you to the 'Revision' date (which is in the bottom right hand corner of each page of the form). As of now, they're still accepting the rev. date of 8/28/2008 - the one which has the 10/31/09 expiration date at the top.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
Forms that seem 'out of date' can still be used after that date has passed. It just depends on what USCIS wants, and/or if they have a new form to replace the 'out of date' one. Before you file, be sure to go to USCIS' website and figure out which versions of the form they're still accepting.

Normally, they refer you to the 'Revision' date (which is in the bottom right hand corner of each page of the form). As of now, they're still accepting the rev. date of 8/28/2008 - the one which has the 10/31/09 expiration date at the top.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ANSWER. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.