annaprice

My bittersweet experience @ SLMEC

19 posts in this topic

September 24 - first day

- Mine went well so far.

- After Physical Exam a "DOCTOR" there told me she is giving me a Referral to see a Psychologist (for my Son cause he is deaf). She said its OPTIONAL. So when I was called at the US counter told them I wont go to the Psychologist since its optional.

September 25- My son's Skin test.

- after skin test they told me to check out at one of the Windows at the ground floor.

- Went to that specific window that was when they said the "see a psychologist" IS NOW A REQUIREMENT. (I got pissed off)

September 28-Skin test reading

- we were scheduled 8:00 am

- one of the staff told me to get the papers of my son at the specific window where i checked out

- @ 8 am Went to window A, she said the guy assigned to that window is not available till 830 am. so i told her,Maam Our schedule is 8 am, she said well he is not available till 830 am. and before I even had the chance to talk she said NEXT! ( haha nice eh?)

- went back to the 2nd floor talked to the staff told him cant get the papers the rude lady wouldnt talk to me,he went downstairs to get it for me then

- @845 Am asked them is my sons papers there yet? the attendant said they are looking for it. so I went back to my seat

- @ 930 Am asked him again is my sons papers there yet? He said they dont know where youre sons papers are. (#######! so much for coming early,almost an hour past and still looking for my sons papers) I was crying cause I have never been treated like a retard,could not take it so when i could not control it I cried,cried and cried.I cant do anything then.

- @ 940 my 63 yr old mom talked to the staff and said my grandsons schedule is 8am are is papers already there? He answered in a very rude and loud voice Cant you wait? he would be called soon,they lost the papers so they are looking for it! (wow so they lost my sons papers and its us that should wait for how many hours coz they dont know where they placed it? plus he could have talk to my mom in a nice way, cmon she is a seniour citizen!)

- @ 10 am finally we were called for Skin test reading,RESULT:POSITIVE,so we were instructed to go to the 3rd floor xray.

- @ 10:30 am called @ the xray room,my son had his xray. told us to wait @ the second floor for the result.

- @ 2:00 pm I was called @ the second floor,i was asked if there is another family member doin the medical,so i said Yes.my son he said You cant have the shots unless we already have youre son's xray result.So i went out of the immunization room and went back to my seat.

- @ 3:30 pm we were asked to go to the window @ the ground floor where i checked out the last time. So went there and the nurse told me,did you go to the psychologist? Said not yet sir, our schedule was 10 am this morning but we were instructed by the doctor to go the xray room. so he said why did you put the receipt on the box? (like he was accusing me of bypassing the "see the psychologist thingy") so i said sir,we were instructed by the doctor ro wait on the 2nd floor and put our receipts there,(basically ignored that he was tryin to pick a fight).

- @ 3:45 called psychologist and asked her if we can see her that day,she said she is too busy,so i said okay maam,before hanging up the phone she said,were are you from? maam we are from tarlac,so she said okay you can see me today just come here asap)

- @ 430 we have arrived at her clinic in cubao. she basically asked me some stuff about my son and said You know I dont even know why they sent you here,youre son is deaf and he is only two,so automatic he cannot do a lot of things, i did not say anything. she then assured me what ever the result of the exam it will not affect the visa application. so i was relieved. she told me result would be available within a week.

Oct 2 - @ 330 pm called SLMEC if the results are there already said negative.

Oct 5 - @ 1030 am called SLMEC and asked them for the result again negative,they instructed me to call the psychologist.

- @ 1130 am called Psychologist,she apologized for the delay coz they were sent home friday due to the typhoon,I said its okay maam.told me to call SLMEC tuesday or wednesday for the result.

oct 6 @ 1130 am called SLMEC,for the result,said its available,asked the guy I was talking to if we can come back wednesday,he said yes. and instructed me to give the receipt to the guard when we arrive.

oct 7 @ 2:30 am we left paniqui,tarlac to go to SLMEC

- @ 430 we have arrived in manila.

- @ 530 went to SLMEC,and stayed at the lobby

- @ 7 am went to the guard and handed him sons receipt said comeback 8 am

- @ 730 went to the 2nd floor and talked to my mom about going out coz we are not allowed to go inside SLMEC till 8 am,fortunately saw one of the staff at saint lukes who actually took my receipt,asked me where we are going said leaving, asked me why,said the guard says we should leave,he asked did you go to the psychologist? said yes sir. called yesterday they said the results are already here. He said go downstairs and tell the guard about the situation,told him I already did that. but nweys went downstairs again. To my surprise he was beside the guard, The guard told me come back 8 30 am.so he said NO,they are for immunization. haha Im soo happy. Said thank you to him.

@ 830 my name was called at the immunization room, had 3 shots. (tetanus,chicken pox and anti cervical)

@ 900 was called @ counter A,they let me sign forms for the CD and Immunization Docs. told me i will be called again.

@ 10 am my son was called at the immunization room. He had 4 shots ( all of which are booster shots of the vaccine he previously had),he was cryin so loud..huhuh :(

@ 11 am my name was called again at counter F,they have given me my xray CD and immunization sheet.

@ 1:30 pm my sons name was called @ window E,asked me to have my sons thumbmark on the forms,they also had handed the Xray CD and Immunization Sheet of my Son. whew! as I leave SLMEC i had a big smile on my face and sayin thanks GOD finally!

@ 135 pm called my super handsome hubby saying hun,finally we are done with the medical! he says he is proud of me :) and said dont forget STARBUCKS before going home (starbucks is my fave, he always says Id go to starbucks once in a while,plus this time he said its a reward for being a brave girl)

DONE! :)

Comments: based on my experience some people at SLMEC are really mean and rude. But some are nice and very polite.I guess thats balance of nature.I mean if in one building all people are nice,it just then too good to be true. Like its not real. Yes its possible but thats not always the case.Bottom line is,same time next year me and my husband would just be laughing at this chapter.and to those mean people there @ SLMEC,same time this year they might still be there processing medical for people like Us, who are fortunate enough to be with our SO's ;). goodnight guys! and to my hubby thank you so much for the support and love.in love with you always and forever,Anna :)

post-65635-1254922491_thumb.jpg

post-65635-1254922563_thumb.jpg

post-65635-1254922575_thumb.jpg

post-65635-1254922588_thumb.jpg

happier than ever

some pics.:) ive attached to my post. just cant edit anymore so i made a reply. :)

Edited by anna L

happier than ever

some pics.:) ive attached to my post. just cant edit anymore so i made a reply. :)

Hi sis, you are really brave to face those rude person inside SLMEC, I will go for medical next week. God bless you.

May 20, 2009 - I-130 sent

Aug. 21, 2009 - I-130 APPROVED

Sept. 01, 2009 - NVC received & case# assigned

Oct. 19, 2009 - Log-in FAILED (YEPEE!!!!)

Oct. 20, 2009 - Case COMPLETE!!! (confirmed by the NVC operator)

Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview Date assign(By NVC operator)

Nov. 16-17, 2009 - Medical PASSED

Dec. 04, 2009 - INTERVIEW(APPROVED!!!)

Dec. 08, 2009 - Visa pick-up at the Embassy

Dec. 16, 2009 - CFO

Dec. 19, 2009 - My Flight - POE (JFK New York) via NWA

Thank you Lord for guiding me in this journey.

rakl65w7x.png

Well babe, looks like we're just waiting for NVC Case Complete & Interview.....

wrong also our 1st yr anniversary on friday! :)

Hi sis, you are really brave to face those rude person inside SLMEC, I will go for medical next week. God bless you.

GOODLUCK! and just ignore them. :) coz once youre done with them youll never see them again! :)take care!

happier than ever

Sorry to hear about your experience at St. Luke's, however I am happy that you still got positive results (an approval, that is).

Our interview is tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. I'm having diffuculty sleeping...lol. Ganito lang siguro talaga...

Take care, Anna. :)

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Country:
Timeline

1yr of meeting, Wedding Anniversary isn't until Jan...

1yr of meeting, Wedding Anniversary isn't until Jan...

yeah,i know.

Sorry to hear about your experience at St. Luke's, however I am happy that you still got positive results (an approval, that is).

Our interview is tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. I'm having diffuculty sleeping...lol. Ganito lang siguro talaga...

goodluck sis!

happier than ever

FYI...Keep your immunization sheet DS3025 make copies and don't give the original to anyone. You wouldn't believe how many people don't have that when you need it for AOS.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

whuw! that's #######! Why would they be so rude to you?

Guess when I was there the kind hearted were present. lol

But I still filled out the evaluation form and submitted it to the guard. They might have some awakenings from what I wrote.

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
FYI...Keep your immunization sheet DS3025 make copies and don't give the original to anyone. You wouldn't believe how many people don't have that when you need it for AOS.

Even though we won't have to worry about AOS she scanned & e-mailed them to me and I promptly converted them to PDFs.

FWIW, we've kept copies of EVERY DOCUMENT both sent & received...

whuw! that's #######! Why would they be so rude to you?

Guess when I was there the kind hearted were present. lol

But I still filled out the evaluation form and submitted it to the guard. They might have some awakenings from what I wrote.

i dont know hahah. well it does not matter anymore haha. :) im done with them,and swear IM NEVER COMING BACK THERE! hahah

happier than ever

Even though we won't have to worry about AOS she scanned & e-mailed them to me and I promptly converted them to PDFs.

FWIW, we've kept copies of EVERY DOCUMENT both sent & received...

Keeping EVERYTHING in paperworks is the only smart thing to do!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got back from taking the medical exam too. Mine was on Oct 5-6. I only did the blood and urine and chest xray, and the full disrobing. Then I had 4 shots done, two on the left and two on the right. Then they gave me an immunization sheet, a cd labeled chest radiograph results, and the receipt for the medical exam fee. I didn't do any sputum test or skin test or anything else. Does that mean I passed?

Oh I had to wait a long time in between doing one process to the other. But the actual thing itself took only a few minutes. On the first day, I spent only the whole morning there but was out by lunchtime. Then the next day, I was there at 9:30, and got out by 1pm. Pretty much uneventful.

Next week, interview time!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations in advance ! !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.