getosled

Got our NOA2 Whats Next??/

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok im trying to get a list together of what my fiancee can do!!.. I recieved the NOA2 and ill be sending it to here in the mail.

What documents does she need for the Medical once we get the MN Case # ?

How should we organize our documents for the Interview? Like seperate the DS- Forms or combining certain forms?

I guess we are just a bit nervous and want the rest of the process to go smoothly.

What can we do while we wait?

I 129F Packet sent March 23 2009

Check Cashed March 30 2009

NOA1 April 02 2009

TOUCH September 01 2009

TOUCH September 02 2009

NOA2 September 08 2009

NVC Received September 10 2009

NVC Forwarded to Embassy 15 September 2009

Embassy Received 18 September 2009

Interview October 01 2009 Passed!!!!

POE Anchorage Alaska 11 October 2009!

Married October 17 2009 ( informal wedding; real wedding in the USA June 2010, in Philippines June 2011)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not really expecting us to hand feed you, do you, bubba? While in the waiting room, please read the guides and also visit the US Embassy Manila website. :thumbs:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

A week after the date you received your NOA2, call the National Visa Center at (603) 334-0700 and press the appropriate button to get the instructions in English, after that press the appropriate button to inquire about a K visa application.

The system will ask you to select the right button that corresponds with the first 3 letters of your USCIS Receipt Number (the system refers to it as the CIS Number) --- which is actually the service center that processed your case. After that you will be asked to type in your receipt number. If your case has already been sent to the EMbassy, you will get a live agent on the phone and you can ask for your NVC Case Number (MNL2009XXXXXX) the date they received your case and when it was forwarded to the US Embassy.

The NVC will mail you a letter with your case number and a bar code a week after that.

While waiting for the NVC Letter to be mailed, you can start preparing your I-134 form (must be signed and dated by the USC fiance) and the supporting documents: letter from your employer statting your job title, when you started (start date), your salary and your status (full-time), your latest tax return, your latest W2 and 3 months worth of payslips. If you included any assets on your application, you have to provide supporting documents for that as well.

You may also want to send her the most recent proof of your relationship...pictures, letters, cards, anything else that can substantiate your relationship up to the present.

Am sure thepizzadude will offer some other very helpful K1-appropriate tips for you. :)

Hope this helps.

When you have everything, send it to her using a courier...better for her to have it in her hands sooner than later.

Ok im trying to get a list together of what my fiancee can do!!.. I recieved the NOA2 and ill be sending it to here in the mail.

How should we organize our documents for the Interview? Like seperate the DS- Forms or combining certain forms?

I guess we are just a bit nervous and want the rest of the process to go smoothly.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

Thanks for the replies....

I have read the guide over and over. I think too much because now it seems confusing. I just left the philippines in August so Ill send a picture of my passport and all our IM and emails. Since I run my own VoIP Server, so my calls to her are free and not traceable ... sucks but oh well....

Its just alot of information to handle....I gave her the I-134 but dont remember if I put my finances as fr as stocks an bonds on there. Since im Military do I need an employer letter? Somoethings you just cant find in the guide.

NOA1 April 02 2009

TOUCH September 01 2009

TOUCH September 02 2009

NOA2 September 08 2009

Married October 17 2009 ( informal wedding; real wedding in the USA June 2010, in Philippines June 2011)

Lucky you...you have a smaller poverty guideline requirement to prove. :)

I think your question about a letter of employment from the Military is a valid question. Have no clue where you could get that...is there a personnel officer you can ask for such a document? Surely you aren't the only person who has made such a request before. :)

Thanks for the replies....

I have read the guide over and over. I think too much because now it seems confusing. I just left the philippines in August so Ill send a picture of my passport and all our IM and emails. Since I run my own VoIP Server, so my calls to her are free and not traceable ... sucks but oh well....

Its just alot of information to handle....I gave her the I-134 but dont remember if I put my finances as fr as stocks an bonds on there. Since im Military do I need an employer letter? Somoethings you just cant find in the guide.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

:dance: :dance: :dance: congratz.... well i think she can start gathering self docus... like bc, cenomar and nbi ..... goodluck...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

When NVC tells you they sent the package and you see it has been sent to the embassy wait a few days then:

Don't wait on the embassy to send you anything or you may get old. Go to this page and learn all you need to...Call them and see if they have your package yet and set an appointment.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

This page is about Setting Appointments:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

Has she/he got all the paperwork ready yet, is the medical done.

Go to St Lukes -- send her a copy of the letter from NVC, email or mail your choice: it's walk in so don't worry best to go Tues-Thurs to avoid rush.

Medicals are valid for 6 months. Info about medical is at the wwwfk1en.pdf link above.

Check this site for more info on the visa process in Manila:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

Check up on the CFO seminar he/she will need either before or after but definitely before he/she can LEAVE the country Look HERE:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Timeline

Wooohooo they sent my packet to the Embassy 15 September..... :)

Thanks for everything for those that posted.

I think i figured out a way to do the employer varification... I will send a copy of my service contract to my fiance. It states im under contract till atleast 2012 :)

NOA1 April 02 2009

TOUCH September 01 2009

TOUCH September 02 2009

NOA2 September 08 2009

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

question i just got my NVC Case # over the phone. Can i call to schedule an interview already? or i have to wait for the beneficinary to get the letter from the embassy?

I-129F Sent to Vermont: 2009-05-13

I-129F Received by VSC: 2009-05-14 signed by Stanley

Check Cashed: 2009-05-15 WOW!!! that was super fast...

I-129F NOA1 Received: 2009-05-18 yahoo... got the I-797C

I-129F NOA2 Received: 2009-09-17

I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 2009-09-23

NVC Left: 2009-09-18

Manila Embassy Received: 2009-09-24 at 3:15 pm Philippines time signed by Patrick Tan

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Sent:

Packet 4 Received:

Medical: 2009-11-22

Interview Date: 2009-12-08.. yeaaah hay he passed.. thank u Lord..

Visa Received: 2009-12-14 got it on hand

US Entry: 2009-12-30 we going to be together for the New Year.. oh this is going to be a gud yr.. thank u again Lord

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.