Marilyn.

Couple with the same first and last name to wed

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - It's not too unusual to hear stories of married couples who met online. But it is unusual when that couple that meets online and marries also has the same name.

In this case, it's a guy from Texas named Kelly Hildebrandt and a gal from Florida named Kelly Hildebrandt.

In three months, they're getting married.

"We get a couple of the same reactions," the Florida Kelly said, "Usually, it's like that's so awesome and totally different, I've never heard a story like that, or. . . (stunned look)."

Kelly Hildebrandt met Kelly Hildebrandt when Kelly the girl looked up her own name on Facebook.

"I was like, 'I wonder if there's any other Kelly Hildebrandts on Facebook'," she explained. "So, I searched my own name and he's the only one that came up. And actually, in the picture, he didn't have his shirt on, and I'm like, 'oh, he's cute!'"

And the Kelly in Texas was also intrigued.

"She started off, 'hey, I see we have the same name, and I thought it was kinda cool, so I wanted to say hi, I guess.' Lots of laughs," he said.

Three weeks after their first online encounter, Kelly, the boy from Texas, decided to fly to south Florida, and see Kelly, the girl, in person.

"Me and my mom were at the airport," she recounted, "And I was like, he's coming down the escalator, so I turned away."

Eight months after that innocent Facebook message, Kelly proposed to Kelly, and this October, they'll become Kelly Hildebrandt squared.

"I felt like there was a good potential, a good possibility, before I ever came out, to meet her in person," he said, "that this could be the girl I was going to marry."

The Kelly Hildebrandts don't think having the same first and last name is a bad thing. But it is confusing, now that Kelly the boy, has moved in.

"He's even already got some mail coming in and we don't know," she said, "We have to open everything. Because we don't know who's mail is whose."

The pair say they've looked back through ancestry records 250 years to ensure they're not related.

http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/arti...?storyid=119712

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You sure do not get either a drivers' or a marriage license around here unless you can provide positive proof of who you say you are. And with the marriage license in addition, that you are free to marry and of proper age. Guess the USCIS doesn't know that, want all that same proof, not only again, but again and again.

If all goes well, at least you know you are who you say you are. I think? Not even sure anymore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i wonder if she'll hyphenate her name.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
:lol:

Did anyone else think of looking them up on FB? :lol:

I know a couple who divorced and remarried people with the exact same names. Sure makes things less complicated. Especially if you call them by your first spouse's name by mistake. :lol:

:rofl: No mistakes there that's for sure, can kelly kelly kelly cause both have the same name

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

""they'll become Kelly Hildebrandt squared"

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Future Mrs Disney