Amby

what would you do if....

what would you do if...  

70 members have voted

1. 1. for the women: what would you do if your husband complained about your cooking?

• nothing
    • bash him over the head with a phone
    • burst into tears, run out of the room & lock yourself in the bathroom until he apologizes
    • make him some really nasty food the next time to prove a point
    • tell him to cook his own effing food
    • just throw it away and order some pizza
    • taste it and then admit that maybe it is nasty
    • would never happen, i don't cook
    • i'm a man...go to the next question
  2. 2. (for the men) what would you do if your wife cooked some really bad food?

• just eat it
    • eat it the first time, but if she continued to make crap then I'd complain
    • tell her it's complete crap, but eat it anyways
    • purchase some cooking lessons for her
    • flush it down the toilet when she's not looking
    • feed it to the dog and tell her it was delicious
    • cook for yourself
    • order takeout
    • tell her you refuse to eat that disgusting creation
    • my wife doesn't cook
    • i'm a woman this question isn't for me

53 posts in this topic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
curious after the story about the woman bashing her husband over the head with the phone for complaining about her cooking

flawed poll. there are no domestic violence options for the man.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
curious after the story about the woman bashing her husband over the head with the phone for complaining about her cooking

oh like he should beat her so she knows better next time

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Charles :bonk: Didn't you know? Man on woman domestic violence is always evil and an outrage. Woman on man domestic violence is justifiable and funny....

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Charles :bonk: Didn't you know? Man on woman domestic violence is always evil and an outrage. Woman on man domestic violence is justifiable and funny....

What kind of man married/goes out with a woman who is physically stronger than him anyway? Only a loser would do that.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I had a hard time cooking when I first arrived in US. There were times when I added salt to ground pork, or I didn't really know if the meat is thoroughly cooked or not, or how much mayo to put in egg salad. Joe usually doesn't say anything, if he doesn't like something he makes faces or politely tells me that he will show me how he likes certain items to be cooked.

For me it really depends upon the situation, I know I didn't give him the best food in the start and I can't really say much about it, I felt frustrated about how all these ingredients were so new to me, but I wasn't howling in tears or throwing phones at him, nor was he all shouting at me or throwing the food away.

I still have problems with making that perfect scrambled egg, he likes it cooked thoroughly, but not too dry either, basically I have stopped trying to make scrambled eggs anymore; he makes it almost every weekend for breakfast :P

I had a hard time cooking when I first arrived in US. There were times when I added salt to ground pork, or I didn't really know if the meat is thoroughly cooked or not, or how much mayo to put in egg salad. Joe usually doesn't say anything, if he doesn't like something he makes faces or politely tells me that he will show me how he likes certain items to be cooked.

For me it really depends upon the situation, I know I didn't give him the best food in the start and I can't really say much about it, I felt frustrated about how all these ingredients were so new to me, but I wasn't howling in tears or throwing phones at him, nor was he all shouting at me or throwing the food away.

I still have problems with making that perfect scrambled egg, he likes it cooked thoroughly, but not too dry either, basically I have stopped trying to make scrambled eggs anymore; he makes it almost every weekend for breakfast :P

in england my indian friend made me scrambled eggs, but she just made an omelet and then cut it up. is that normal? i was kinda like ####### this is not scrambled eggs!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
in england my indian friend made me scrambled eggs, but she just made an omelet and then cut it up. is that normal? i was kinda like ####### this is not scrambled eggs!

Indian scrambled eggs is different from what you guys are used to. But its not really you just make an omelets and cut it up. More like you add onion, bell pepper, carrots, peas and stuff with the egg and also our regular chilli powder, we call it "bhujji"

scrambled-eggs.jpg

I did put nothing, as I'm a pretty good cook. Tim however, is a little picky in what he eats..doesn't like veggies, onions or garlic!! *GASP...those are staples!!* So I may be doing two meals a lot...:lol:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

oh btw I choose make something really disgusting just to prove a point. i've done it before. neil is very picky and complained all the time about what i made in england. so one time i put chunks of fruitcake (which he finds absolutely vile) in pot roast (which he loves) before i handed it to neil. we were watching a movie in the dark and eating so he didn't notice until he bit into it. he flipped out. he never again complained about food.

Edited by Amby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am NOT a fantastic cook... I cook very basic, but my husband would never complain because he is just happy that I do the cooking most of the time. I work part-time and he works full-time, so it makes more sense for me to do most of the cooking.

When we go camping most weekends, he does all the cooking.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Flawed-yet-great poll, si man. No option on either the male or the distaff side for "administer a chicharron."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).