faith

AOS denied... please help!

121 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ok, so we went for the interview on oct. 18th. They wanted the vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon done as a RFE at that time. My husband went to a civil surgeon listed on the approved list and had it done. They gave him a sealed envelope to give back to USCIS in St. Louis.

Well yesterday we received a letter that stated his AOS was denied and that he has until March 9th to leave the country. On the following page it tells us that the form submitted was not the right form and that the doctor who signed it was not an approved doctor, even though it was from the approved doctor's office. Basically, the doctor screwed up! They had all the info on what to do in front of them, and they screwed up. It says at the bottom of the letter that there is no appeal but the case can be reopened. What does that mean??

The letter also said that his EAD has been revoked, which is scary because we need the money, and he has a job that he can lose if he continues to call in sick like he is going to do today to try to get some of this mess straightened out. To make matters worse, he has been offered a new job starting march 20th, which offers lots of good benefits and much better pay...

I've been up all night long, I can't sleep. I'm so terrified that they are going to not do anything to get this fixed. I'm 5 months pregnant and all this crying and panic surely isn't good for my baby.

Johnny is going down first thing this morning to USCIS and see what we need to do.

Please, if anyone has experienced something like this, tell us what to do!!

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I am so sorry this has happened to you both..... you need to get a Immigration lawyer to help you sort this out....

Your husband must not work... you dont want to give them any reasons to say he did not comply....

I wish you both good luck and please let us know how things are going....

Kezzie

Timeline

The thing that angers me so much is that WE didn't screw up... The doctor's office that USCIS told us to go to screwed up. I'm seriously considering a lawyer at this point based on some other stuff that I've read.... problem is, I'll have to beg, borrow the money to get one at this point since J is no longer allowed to work.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Other Timeline

Im so sad when ired your post here! it might happened with anyone bec. untill now im still waiting for further instruction too from my aos&ead filed last Dec. 08,2005,Notice date Dec. 19,05.Never heard from them at this moment. I guess the best thing to do also is you both need a lawyer now,Don't Give up and please keep praying because you never did wrong or violate laws.Only problem happened there is about the vaccination supplement from your civil surgeon. Call the doctor also,I had a xerox copy from my Vaccination supplement just incase there would be a problem too.

I'll be praying for you bec. you are pregnant now and stress isn't good for your baby!

Please take care and Godbless both of you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am so sorry to read this - that is horrible. I don't know anything about reopening anything, but I think I would also be at the doctor's office this morning with a big ####### did YOU put in that envelope?!? They might help you out with whatever legal assistance you need if you make it clear the problem lies with them. I hope you are able to stop this. Good luck

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Faith,

I just read your post and so very sorry that this has happened. I would talk to an attorney and am not sure but can you get some type of help with a lawyer that specializes in immigration? I am not sure of them doing pro bono work but maybe they can give you big discount or work out some type of payments in the end. I will be praying for you both on this matter and try and take care.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Isnt it obvious?? If the doctor srewed up, go back and see the doctor and get it straightened out. If the doctor is on their approved list, then its just a matter of getting the supplement done correctly.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Anastassia also had problems with AOS denial - I cant find her threads but there were some suggestions in it..if you search under that user name you should find them (I tried but I cant seem to locate them - sorry)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Faith...

You have no idea how sorry I am.... but I also know it doesn't help :(

I agree 1000% - it's the doctor's fault, he would better fix.

Good luck.

Ana

Jaylen,

it was Anastasia...

we have very similar nicks and write in similar threads, so it might be confusing.

I didn't have any problems... I am Anastassia with 2 s.

Regards,

Ana

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Faith, I can't tell you what to do, but I will tell you what I think I would do if I were in your shoes. I would make an appointment ASAP to speak with one of the immigration liaisons who works for one of my US Senators or Representatives in person if possible. The reason I suggest you go in person is because it won't be so easy to "put you off" to your face, especially not if you are "showing" with your pregnancy. It sounds like you have done everything according to the instructions, in good faith, and now you are in a jam that is not of your own making.

Did you print off the list of Civil Surgeons from USCIS's website, showing that the doctor you saw was on that list? If not, I'd do that NOW.

On the website of your LOCAL USCIS office, there is probably also a list of groups that provide immigration legal services at low or no cost. I'd find this list and go see one of them asap.

That's all I can think of for now. You may want to keep this thread on the front page of this forum (bump it up if it falls to page 2) so that some of the other "old hands" around here might offer more suggestions.

I am very sorry to hear about this and I wish you good luck in resolving it. You need to have faith that this can be worked out so that you can remain calm for your baby's sake. Please do whatever you need to do to maintain a sense of equilibrium. It WILL work out.

:star:

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to read about your troubles.

• Go to the doctor's office with the letter you received and demand they make it right. Today!
  • Go to USCIS and ask them what you can do to keep your husband working while you re-open the case.
  • Call an immigration attorney and get some professional advice on whether or not your husband can/should continue to work while you are working on getting the mess straightened out and what it will take to get it done. Most immigration attorneys will accept monthly installments, as far as I know.

Best of Luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Faith, I can't tell you what to do, but I will tell you what I think I would do if I were in your shoes. I would make an appointment ASAP to speak with one of the immigration liaisons who works for one of my US Senators or Representatives in person if possible. The reason I suggest you go in person is because it won't be so easy to "put you off" to your face, especially not if you are "showing" with your pregnancy. It sounds like you have done everything according to the instructions, in good faith, and now you are in a jam that is not of your own making.

Did you print off the list of Civil Surgeons from USCIS's website, showing that the doctor you saw was on that list? If not, I'd do that NOW.

On the website of your LOCAL USCIS office, there is probably also a list of groups that provide immigration legal services at low or no cost. I'd find this list and go see one of them asap.

That's all I can think of for now. You may want to keep this thread on the front page of this forum (bump it up if it falls to page 2) so that some of the other "old hands" around here might offer more suggestions.

I am very sorry to hear about this and I wish you good luck in resolving it. You need to have faith that this can be worked out so that you can remain calm for your baby's sake. Please do whatever you need to do to maintain a sense of equilibrium. It WILL work out.

:star:

Maya

I would find out if that doctor was on the approved list... If so, then I would go to that doctor to ask to get another copy of the medical and then go to the DO and request that they re-open the case.

Reopening the case means just that, they will re-open the case if you have additional evidence or information and take another look at things.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Here is the Civil Surgeon locator:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

and here is the list of pro-bono legal services:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/kan...OUTUS.htm#legal

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Faith...

You have no idea how sorry I am.... but I also know it doesn't help :(

I agree 1000% - it's the doctor's fault, he would better fix.

Good luck.

Ana

Jaylen,

it was Anastasia...

we have very similar nicks and write in similar threads, so it might be confusing.

I didn't have any problems... I am Anastassia with 2 s.

Regards,

Ana

Oops sorry hun - color me confused

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Timeline

Thanks, guys, for all the advice. I've finally calmed down a bit and we had already decided on the plan of action for today. Unfortunately, I HAVE to go to work today (can't afford to lose my job with hubby not able to work anymore), but Johnny is going to march down to the doctor's office and demand they make it right. He is also going to try to get them to write something that admits that they screwed up. (good luck, right?) And then he is going down to USCIS with a letter I typed up titled "Motion to reconsider" that states exactly what happened, and give them the new correct documents. He is going to TRY to talk to someone (you know how they are down there) and ask them what we need to do to make it right. We figured if all else fails then, I am calling a friend of mine who works for an immigration attorney and asking advice... I'm calling my congressman, and if nothing else works we are going to contact the media. The local stations here have great sections on the news called things like "you paid for" and stuff like that. I'm willing to go as far as I have to go to get someone to notice this case and get it fixed. Especially since we've done EVERYTHING right and legal and here a USCIS approved doctor screws it up for us. BTW, we got the doctor's name directly from our interviewing officer, she gave us a list of the "approved" ones.

I hate to play that "i'm pregnant (whine) " card... but if I have to I will. It won't hurt that I'm very obviously pregnant when it comes to getting people to at least feel sorry for us.

I'm going to try to keep this on the first page so that if anyone else knows anything they can see it. Plus, hopefully people will read this and at least be wary of the "approved" doctors that USCIS sends them to. If I've learned anything at all in the last 24 hours, it's this: DEMAND to see the paperwork before they seal it up.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.