cc2cuz

HELP!!! My wife was denied.

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok basically we were in the process of removing the conditional status on my wife. The uscis sent a letter requesting evidence and I needed to respond by Nov. 18th. We were waiting on some documents from State farm, so once we received them I got everything together and sent it off to the uscis on Nov. 12th. I told the post office worker that it needed to get there asap. I figured a week would be a lot of time for the papers to get there by the 18th.

My wife recently received a letter in the mail saying that her residence was denied due to abandonment. They are saying that they did not receive the evidence requested by the due date. Because it is an abandonment we cannot appeal but we can only file for a motion to reopen the decision.

Does anybody have any info on this. My wife and I are so stressed out. I could not have helped it if the post office screwed up and took forever for them to send my evidence. I have a certified mail receipt saying that I sent the envelope on the 12th. What can I do?? Are they going to deport my wife, because the post office took to long to send the evidence? Do I have any chance at explaining this to an immigration judge and reversing the decision. I'll talk all the info I can get

Thanks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

What does the certified receipt indicate as to the date of receipt of the documentation you sent?

Ok basically we were in the process of removing the conditional status on my wife. The uscis sent a letter requesting evidence and I needed to respond by Nov. 18th. We were waiting on some documents from State farm, so once we received them I got everything together and sent it off to the uscis on Nov. 12th. I told the post office worker that it needed to get there asap. I figured a week would be a lot of time for the papers to get there by the 18th.

My wife recently received a letter in the mail saying that her residence was denied due to abandonment. They are saying that they did not receive the evidence requested by the due date. Because it is an abandonment we cannot appeal but we can only file for a motion to reopen the decision.

Does anybody have any info on this. My wife and I are so stressed out. I could not have helped it if the post office screwed up and took forever for them to send my evidence. I have a certified mail receipt saying that I sent the envelope on the 12th. What can I do?? Are they going to deport my wife, because the post office took to long to send the evidence? Do I have any chance at explaining this to an immigration judge and reversing the decision. I'll talk all the info I can get

Thanks

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks

Did you send it return reciept requested or require delivery confirmation?

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Sounds like you guys should call your senator. From now on use USPS Express Mail! Not just for speed but for record of receipt also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

The return receipt is proof that it was sent on Nov. 12th. I also got delivery confirmation, and it says that it was received by the uscis on nov. 28th, 10 days after the due date. When I got that I was freaking out because I remember telling the post office worker that I wanted it sent the faster way possible.

Is contacting my senator the best option for me. My only other option is to file for the motion to reopen, is that a lost cause? Also would we be able to file the application again, or are they going to deport my wife for this stupid messup.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Start by contacting your Senators local office - by phone. They have people on staff that can help and give you more information as to what your next step should be.

Sorry I don't know what else to tell you - maybe someone else has more experience with your situation.

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can file a motion to re-open, and it is NOT a lost cause, you have evidence that you sent it in a timely manor.

You may want to get a lawyer involved.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Me and some immigration friends have had GOOD/GREAT results from our senators staff. One lady's job there is anything to do with immigration and she seems to know what she's doing.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Certified mail is secure but it is also one of the slowest delivery services that there are. File a motion to re-open including proof that you sent the requested information in well prior to the due date and that the postal service failed to deliver the item in a timely way. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like in this case they are going by date of receipt. The objective is to get them to go by date of postmark. There is good precedence - even the tax office uses the postmarked date. There are good arguments to justify them re-opening the case.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks

yes they might deport her, u need a lawyer and use fed ex dont rely on a .42 cent stamp

VOF

Timeline

So looks like what I need to do is file for a motion to re-open. I'm guessing I need to use FORM I-290B correct? And explain to them that I sent the information within a timely manner and attach a copy of my certified mail receipt showing that it was sent on the 12th of Nov. By doing it this way, will they re-open the case??? Should I get a lawyer involved now or wait until I know if they approve the motion or not?

Thanks for all the responses

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
So looks like what I need to do is file for a motion to re-open. I'm guessing I need to use FORM I-290B correct? And explain to them that I sent the information within a timely manner and attach a copy of my certified mail receipt showing that it was sent on the 12th of Nov. By doing it this way, will they re-open the case??? Should I get a lawyer involved now or wait until I know if they approve the motion or not?

Thanks for all the responses

get a lawyer Pathak and Shah is great if ur from NJ

VOF

All I can say man is That when it's something this Urgent, you should have paid the extra money and Sent it Next Day guaranteed, I mean 10 days sounds like allot of time anyway.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.