Charliehereforyou

What are "touches"?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all. Sorry about the stupid question, but I see references to "touches". I know this refers to each time an application is touched at

a Service Center but how can I track my case with such detatail? I can go to the USCIS web site and enter my Receipt Number but do

not get any detail as to the progress of my application.

Please help.

Many thanks!

Hi all. Sorry about the stupid question, but I see references to "touches". I know this refers to each time an application is touched at

a Service Center but how can I track my case with such detatail? I can go to the USCIS web site and enter my Receipt Number but do

Please help.

Many thanks!

You need to register and create an account with your WAC or EAC number.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help.

Many thanks!

You can create a "Create/Edit customer portfolio account" and enter your case numbers. There is also an option to 'turnon' email so that CRIS will email you if there are any updates to your portfolio (however some members say they didn't receive an email when their case was updated). Each time you login to your new account you will see a list of receipt number with corresponding dates. Those dates are supposed to represent the last time someone at USCIS 'touched' your case. If you are like the rest of us, you'll check your case status over and over,,and over and see the same date. Here is the link to the page where you can create your account and then add your receipt numbers. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/logoff.do

Good luck

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi, Is it common that files don't get updated on this site? I've also read a lot about 'touches' on a file and I have not seen my file touched except during three keys changes in the file (an RFE issue and received and a change of address notification) since I sent it in Feb of this year.

Does anyone know if the touch or update to the file is something left up to each processor (i.e. if they feel like updating the file on the website, they do)?

I'd hate to think my file has only been touched three times in six months....But, I'm trying to remain positive so hopefully I just have one of those processors who just doesn't like to spend time updating the file because they'd rather be processing files faster :blink:

Filed: Timeline
Hi, Is it common that files don't get updated on this site? I've also read a lot about 'touches' on a file and I have not seen my file touched except during three keys changes in the file (an RFE issue and received and a change of address notification) since I sent it in Feb of this year.

Does anyone know if the touch or update to the file is something left up to each processor (i.e. if they feel like updating the file on the website, they do)?

I'd hate to think my file has only been touched three times in six months....But, I'm trying to remain positive so hopefully I just have one of those processors who just doesn't like to spend time updating the file because they'd rather be processing files faster :blink:

My case never received a "touch" and I didn't really care if it did or not because I had read other people's posts about touches and a lot of people said that if it does or doesn't get touched, it doesn't matter.

For the four months my case was at CSC, it was touched a grand total of 0 times. Not one touch.

Touches are overrated, who cares if your case gets touched thirty times a day or 0 times over four months.

Well, I've been sitting around for 6 months waiting for an NOA2. So I kinda do want to see that somebody is working on my case. That would make me feel better.

I agree, and fortunately I didn't have to wait for six months so I can't sympathize with you on that, but i can tell you that touches are not what they are made out to be.

People are working on your case, I'm sure, and they're just not updating it in the system or whatever.

So I wouldn't worry about not getting your case touched, as it doesn't mean anything.

Good luck.

You wont get many "touches" for K1 filers in USCIS. Most of them dont even receive a touch as after you get NOA, you wait like 6 months before getting transferred to NVC which may or may not receive a touch then after it leaves NVC (after a month), its out of the system in USCIS and goes to your local embassy. Most likely you will get a touch if you have an RFE (which is something you dont want to have).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

This means you were touched....

touched.gif

Touches could mean everything ..or nothing. But, it does help psychologically when you've been waiting so long. Every little bit counts and it feels good to know that someone's hands were actually on your file and that it wasn't lost. I get ya. ;)

California isn't as good about 'touching' as Vermont. You'll be lucky if California updates your case when you're approved...or even in the weeks to follow. So just don't put a lot of hope into the touches.

Here is a Q & A by a former adjuticator that will help explain the adjutication process to you better.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Yes, I agree, I'm at a point in my process where I want to know -- good or bad -- what's going on. To me, if a 'touch' implies someone has even picked up my file and moved it to another pile, it would still help me mentally.

This obviously isn't news to everyone, but while these files get processed, our lives (daily decisions, daily actions, worklife, personal life etc) are on hold. So any insight into to what's putting my life on hold, is valuable insight to me--no matter how granular...

Anyway, it is a little more relieving for me to hear on this site that folks have had files processed without any website touches, so thank you for that.

I, for one, have been re-directed back to this very site (that has no touches) during the few calls I've placed to customer service. I'm just hoping my state Senate office will be more effective pulling information on my case....

Based on your timeline you had an RFE, that could be the reason why you have not recevied a NOA2 yet.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

Yes, I did have an RFE (missed a checkbox) so maybe that's the reason......I don't really know. I've seen folks on this site with similar timelines, with RFE's that have gotten processed but it is a case by case basis so an RFE could be the reason or something else entirely.....We'll keep waiting, there's no other option.

You know, lately, I've batted around a bunch of ideas on what could be the cause for delay on my NOA2 (Hey, what else is there to do, right?).

Now, if this first approval phase is mostly about me (I'm in the US applying for my fiance in Cambodia), then obviously a thorough background check is done on me during this approval phase (I'm making an educated guess here so if I'm not right, someone please tell me).

So I thought about several things: 1) My name is extremely common (its a step above say a John Smith) so doing a background check can be more extensive because there is most likely a ton of matches when you run my name through a system 2) Due to work relocations, I've lived in multiple states in the last few years -- again more reason for an extensive background check and even adds to number of name matches 3) One of those states was MA and I know that MA is one of those states where you do have some pretty extensive red tape to go through when pulling personal information

So, basically, my theory is they're having to take more time with this background check due to circumstance.....This is again, only a guess because I have nothing else to go by (and not much else to think about either :wacko: )....I'm 100% confident in my background - no criminal activity, no marriages, no legal or financial problems, not even a speeding ticket so I'm hoping to get this NOA2 soon.

Now that I'm running through it all, I really hope this is the reason for my delay in processing.....As opposed to my file folder fell under someone's desk or (and I read about this on this forum) my file was shipped to a storage facility.

Who knows, I'm hoping today will be the day.....We'll see.. :yes:

Nahhh, you are over thinking, this wll totally stress you out! be strong for yourself and your fiancee and before you know it, TADA!!!!NOA2 via e-mail then hard copy! It will come when you least expect it.

Hang in there my friend. At last time has past for you already and you should be expecting a NOA2 soon, me I've just begun.

Goodluck to you! It will arrive soon!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Yes, thanks for your support. I will be strong but this whole thing is very tiring...............Good luck to you too :thumbs:

I agree, it's VERY tiring mentally, but you just got to remember to stay strong and remember that you guys will be together forever once your fiance receives her NOA 2.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.