khlilo

PLEASE NEED HLEP (INTERVIEW IN CAIRO EGYPT)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi every one,,,,,I realy need your help from any one got his/her interview in cairo egypt

i just need to know tow spacific things

1- how the interview does it go????what can i suppos???? what doucoment you think it could help(it is cr1 visa marrege to US citizen)????

2-If evry thing is fine when can you suppose your visa in the mail after the visa approval????one day one week a month more??????

please evry one give me a hand of your exprerience!!!!

thank you very mach

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awesome it's a CR-1 interview! I'd expect you'd pay the larger fee up front for the CR-1. Unsure how much that is.

You should expect to bring proof of on going relationship with your spouse. Such as financial records, and anything that you share jointly, and any records of communication between you both over the course of your wait period. And you should expect to offer this evidence to them to view even before they ask for it or refuse to look at it.

You should also expect that they ask you if you want to do the interview in English or Arabic and assume that if you can speak any degree of English that they will want to conversate in English.

You should expect them not to give you an easy time or a hard time as each interview varies on the strength of supporting evidence and amount and degree of red flags which are variable in the case.

After the interview you should expect to tell us what they asked you, which language you chose to interview in, and length of time the interview lasted. Interviews can last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on the examiner.

I know much of it is nerve racking and you should not be nervous, try to look your best, and be as polite as possible even if they are not gracious and completely arrogantly rude bastards.

Always remember they are one stepping stone in the jorney to your life together with your wife, so step lightly on the slippery rock and try not to slip off and fall into the stream where no one can catch you!

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Apart from what 0livia said, here is a few more tips.

You will want to dress casual so leave the bling and suit at home. You will want to hold your evidence in your lap, or somewhere near where the CO can see you have brought evidence. Do not look up nor down or side to side, but look only at the CO. Do not hesitate when you answer a question, such as responding with " ummmm " or pausing. If the question requires a yes or no, say yes or no. Make sure you have plenty of Bona Fides as they seem more into that than anything.

Be short with your answers unless asked to elaborate. Smile and be friendly, and never come across as a smart azz. Remember, they have something you want, you dont have a dang thing they want.

This is Cairo you are dealing with, so with that in mind, anything can happen....and it probably will. The best advice is to be very prepared.

God be with you.

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!! on your upcoming interview you got some very good advice here one thing i would like to add is you asked how long will it take to recieve your visa once approved the time varies honeslty i have seen people get there Visa in 1 day up to over 1 1/2 year later so it just all depends every case honestly is very different from the other. You got great advice here so i would definetely follow it and just remember you are one step closer to being with your love so this is the last step before recieving your Visa. Keep up updated by letting us know how you did after the interview. I will pray for you but i am sure you will do just fine. :thumbs:

AJ1

Edited by aj1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Timeline

thank you verey mach for all your replays,,,

I just want to clear some pointes ,,,,my pitetion was started in US so i had already paid the fee and evrey thing it was with the uscis 355 and then $70 for AOS and then another $355 the visa fee with the nvc

any way...i am the us citezin and my wife she is the benfecary.

I am going to be with my wife in her interview (do you think it is good idea)???????

and well one more time thank you for all your replays

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
thank you verey mach for all your replays,,,

I just want to clear some pointes ,,,,my pitetion was started in US so i had already paid the fee and evrey thing it was with the uscis 355 and then $70 for AOS and then another $355 the visa fee with the nvc

any way...i am the us citezin and my wife she is the benfecary.

I am going to be with my wife in her interview (do you think it is good idea)???????

and well one more time thank you for all your replays

It can't hurt to go be with your wife. It may not help, but it certainly won't hurt! Andyes, you've paid everything already :) I hope you have a successful interview!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

By all means, attend.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

By all means, attend.

i wish u the best man

and i want to ask the professionals here

cause our embassy have rules that my wife cant ask for 130 petition before she spend here 6 month of residency

so lets ask some questions here

1- what kind of visa the embassy will give me after the 130 petition and being approved (k3 or cr1)

2- can i just suspend all that and go ask for a tourist/visitor visa as a us citizenship spouse and finish my papers from there?

3- they said (if you want the beneficary to be in the united states in next 6 month ( is it true or a lie?)

4- do u think they will ask my wife for a affidavit of support ? ( shes LPN nurse and i have like 10.000 $ in my account )

5- is it our choice to chose between k3 or cr1?

answer those questions and i will really kiss my monitor :dance:

thank you

For more help about marriage in egypt visit other topics

step by step marriage in Egypt

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136281

What is DCF and Why Do I Care?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=dcf

how to got a proof of 6 months temporary residency in Egypt

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1974119

Affidavit of support I-864 HELP!!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1970098

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1970063

Timeline
By all means, attend.

i wish u the best man

and i want to ask the professionals here

cause our embassy have rules that my wife cant ask for 130 petition before she spend here 6 month of residency

so lets ask some questions here

1- what kind of visa the embassy will give me after the 130 petition and being approved (k3 or cr1)

2- can i just suspend all that and go ask for a tourist/visitor visa as a us citizenship spouse and finish my papers from there?

3- they said (if you want the beneficary to be in the united states in next 6 month ( is it true or a lie?)

4- do u think they will ask my wife for a affidavit of support ? ( shes LPN nurse and i have like 10.000 $ in my account )

5- is it our choice to chose between k3 or cr1?

answer those questions and i will really kiss my monitor :dance:

thank you

1-depends on the length of marriage and what you hope to achieve. If you want to pay the money up front then get the cr1, if you want to pay the money later and AOS then get the K3. If you've been married for 2+ yrs then you automatically get the IR-1.

2-No.

3-I'm confused are you filing a DCF? If it's a timeline issue then I am sorry wait times are in in flux do to fee increases, and current imagration administration and policy changes at the state and federal level.

4-Yes it's a requirement.

5-Typically yes from the begining. I've read that in the interview at the embassy in Cairo that they ask you what visa you want but they've already decided for you depending on what you applied for. You have to say the visa you applied for otherwise it delays the process. ((RAT BASTARDS!!!))

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

thank you olivia for everything u said

and i want to be more specified

i am married since 3rd march 2008

shes with me in egypt 2nd february 2008 ( one month to finish the papers)

i am fileing DCF petition

my wife spend 5 month of full residency with me and our 6 month will end in 3rd of august 08

(cause thats what the embassy want , to make me travel in the next 6 month from the petition time , she have to stay 6 month full residency with me )

- my wife stop her work there for a year ( so she dont have employer )

- she left her rental house (she dont have an address there )

- she dont have papers to proof taxis but she paid all to december 07 ( 1 month before she came here )

- she dont have paper who proof that shes LPN nurse

- she dont have family in usa (most of them dead and the rest are long time away from her ) so no one can support me

- she claim a good mony like 1000$ every 2 weeks when she work there ,and i have money in my account like 10.000$

..... i donno what i can do with the affidavit of support (its the only paper i miss now ) and how i can be away from it

i think about asking for non immigrant visa K3 so i will be away from having a sponsor.

i really donno what i can do :bonk: i dont sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

1- can i support myself ( im a lawyer in Egypt ) and i have bank account, or do u think we both can field that affidavit cause i am a spouse

2- are you sure that i can chose which kind of visa i want (k-3 or Cr-1) cause i think k-3 dont need support

3- do u think its better for me to make her field the 130 petition with me in the embassy and she travel back to the u.s have a house and a job and then she can support me . or i need her again to be with me after the petition ?

4- whats the problem if i go ask for a tourist visa and then do the rest from there? cause u just said NO (explain pls)

i donno what to say but i really ask a lot

but i really appreciate every moment u spend repling me and help ur friend..1000 shokr

Timeline
thank you olivia for everything u said

and i want to be more specified

i am married since 3rd march 2008

shes with me in egypt 2nd february 2008 ( one month to finish the papers)

i am fileing DCF petition

my wife spend 5 month of full residency with me and our 6 month will end in 3rd of august 08

(cause thats what the embassy want , to make me travel in the next 6 month from the petition time , she have to stay 6 month full residency with me )

- my wife stop her work there for a year ( so she dont have employer )

- she left her rental house (she dont have an address there )

- she dont have papers to proof taxis but she paid all to december 07 ( 1 month before she came here )

- she dont have paper who proof that shes LPN nurse

- she dont have family in usa (most of them dead and the rest are long time away from her ) so no one can support me

- she claim a good mony like 1000$ every 2 weeks when she work there ,and i have money in my account like 10.000$

..... i donno what i can do with the affidavit of support (its the only paper i miss now ) and how i can be away from it

i think about asking for non immigrant visa K3 so i will be away from having a sponsor.

i really donno what i can do :bonk: i dont sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

1- can i support myself ( im a lawyer in Egypt ) and i have bank account, or do u think we both can field that affidavit cause i am a spouse

2- are you sure that i can chose which kind of visa i want (k-3 or Cr-1) cause i think k-3 dont need support

3- do u think its better for me to make her field the 130 petition with me in the embassy and she travel back to the u.s have a house and a job and then she can support me . or i need her again to be with me after the petition ?

4- whats the problem if i go ask for a tourist visa and then do the rest from there? cause u just said NO (explain pls)

i donno what to say but i really ask a lot

but i really appreciate every moment u spend repling me and help ur friend..1000 shokr

If you're married on March 3, 2008 then Sept 3, 2008 would be your six months married and living in Egypt together. It is only after you are married and living together in Egypt for six months that you may go to the Embassy and apply for DCF according to what I have read and my understanding. The affidavit of support will still need to be filled out by your wife and if she does not meet the minimum poverty requirement then you will need to fill out a co-sponser form and you may also file a joint sponser form sir. If she is an LPN she can get a copy of her license from her last place of employment or from the source of licenses or use her graduation certificate. The CO is not so much concerned about how much you have in the bank where you are as much as your employabilty in the US and what your plans are while here. ALL VISA REQUIRE SUPPORT. Whoever signs the sponser, co-sponer, or joint sponser is legally charged with supporting you while here. I do not believe you can joint sponser yourself.

You will need to pick which visa you are applying for before shipping off paperwork because once you are locked into that process the switching visas changes the fees and wait periods no only for you but for a lot of people in this process. If you apply for a K3 but are asked do you want a K3 or a CR-1 in the interview and you say CR-1 then expect them to say it will be an additional wait get in line buddy and you get put into AP again with security checks, and name clearances, and increased up front fees to start the change and you can start the change before the fees are paid. Get it?

Depending on what you petition for will make the choice on which direction you go with it. If you're doing the DCF and you don't have a sponser and she needs to get one and the only way she can do that is by going back to the US and finding someone then you have to file something else. If you file the CR-1 you pay the fees up front then you have a longer wait apart about 10 months till visa in hand and during that period she can wait for you on the otherside and you can come in on a two year visa and without applying for AOS and you can work right away. If you file the K3 you pay the fees later in the AOS which is an additional $1010 currently. And until AOS is complete you can't work legally and AOS can take 3-5 months while you're here. At least you are on her soil and she can be employable again and picking up the support until the approval.

Last information I have for you is that the percentages of the American Embassy in Cario issueing a vistors visa or a tourist visa isn't worth the money you will spend to apply for the chance. They are alotted so many tourist and visitor visas per a period to distribute at any one time to Egyptians. The selection is random and they average turning 150 away before awarding one person. The fee for a vistor/tourist visa to the US used to $100 but I believe it's raised. Also applying for the K3, CR-1 before applying for the visitor and tourist visa is nearly a dead no. The immigration department sends red flags right away.

Another automatic no to the tourist visa/visitors visa is if you apply and you do not have a letter from the military supporting it.

But if you do happen to go for the tourist visa/visitor visa and you are awarded it please come back and submit how you did it!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok now my turn to ask you a question:

You're a lawyer in Cairo, Egypt? Is there such thing as an addendum to a marriage contract done at the ministray of marriage?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

thanks everyone for your support and thx olivia i prefered to make it a new topic so u can find it when u search ...whatever

yes Olivia im a lawyer but in alexandria but i do a lot of work in cairo like every week

for your question

the answer is YES ....

To use the marriage certificate in the U.S., it should be translated into English by the Egyptian Ministry of Justice Translation Office (the fee is 40.00LE). It takes 4-7 days to receive the translation, which must then be authenticated by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (11.00LE) and authenticated by the American Citizen Services Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo (171.00LE or $30.00). The Ministry of Justice's Translation Office is located at the Ministry of Justice Building, 13th floor, Lazoughly Square, Abdin, Cairo.

go to http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/acs12.htm

for all step by step marriage in egypt for more help do all the steps and dont miss a part or u will be denied for DCF

and for the answers i got and after asking many ppl and lawyers i think that she have to go back to the usa after she field the petition for me and rent a house ( rent to own ) to have a contract and Domicil, have a job (to have an employer letter ), and put my money in her account so she can send a bank statment copy include a big number of $$$$(showing that she can spend it on me till i got a green card )

and the problem that my visa will give me the green card after a month of being in the US sended by mail

and if you read the DCF guide in visa journey u will find (4- The US Citizen's spouse will have their Immigrant Visa Interview. The US Citizen Spouse does NOT have to be present at the final interview. Once all paperwork and background checks are complete and assuming the interview goes well, the Immigrant Visa will be issued and attached inside the beneficiaries passport. The time delay from the interview to the visa being issued is typically a few days. Immigrant Visas are typically valid for six months and can in some cases be extended (you must request this in advance of the visa expiration and receive approval by the embassy -- do not assume this is possible unless confirmed by the consulate). The first entry into the US must be made before the expiration date on the Visa. This is very important.

5- The foreign spouse can not legally enter the US. At the Port of Entry they will have their Visa/Passport stamped indicating their legal status in the US. Their status is now that of a US Legal Permanent Resident. Within a few weeks an official Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) will arrive in the mail. Additionally, if on the visa application DS-230 II you applied for the Social Security number your Social Security Card will be mailed to you within a month of entering the US. If you did not apply for the SSN on your visa application you can visit your local Social Security Agency to apply for one. Make sure to being your passport/Visa and Green Card if you have received it.)

- and for your infromations the 6 months the embassy need are just 6 month residency not 6 months marriage

and u can read that in the u.s embassy in cairo same link i sent, so the 6 months end in august .

- and about what u said about k-3 or cr-1/ir-1 your words r right and if i have to chose after i do my petition i will ask for k-3 visa cause it include another advantage ... that i can finish half of my papers here and the rest in america as they said in the u.s embassy in cairo web page (cause its a nonimmigration visa ) help u from waiting the line and cut ur timeline into 2 pieces half in egypt and the rest in U.S

and this make u leave in 4 to 6 months better then 12 to 16 months as u said

for any other question im here

and thank u olivia for ur reply and i wish i helped with my info

watch another topics i add here in visajourney

Timeline

Oh that's right it is six month residency. I don't know why I was thinking you needed to be married six months. duh.

So specifically for my question. In Egypt can you make another addition to the marriage contract that is already made? Can you add something to that contract after the fact that you didn't know before that you needed to add?

Our marriage was Dec. 28, 2006 so that's a done deal. Can I add to that now?

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.