w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

US Gasoline Pump Prices Poised To Catch Up With Crude Boom - $6/gallon is coming...

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Since the beginning of the year, benchmark oil and gasoline futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange have both increased by more than a third, but the average retail gasoline price in the U.S. has risen by only 22%.

So far, oil refiners and petroleum product distributors have absorbed much of the increase but their ability to continue to swallow losses and operate at razor-thin margins is limited.

If oil hits $200 a barrel, the upper end of Goldman Sach's prediction for prices over the next six months to two years, the gasoline picture changes quite dramatically. At $200 a barrel, crude alone would cost $4.76 a gallon. Add in the costs of refining and distributing as well as taxes, and pump prices could rise well within the range of $6-7 a gallon, according to analyst estimates, a level that's unfathomable for most Americans. In some states, where gasoline tax is a percentage of the per-gallon cost, rather than a flat tax, prices could be even higher.

At $6 a gallon, it would cost the owner of a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban $186 to fill the tank. The driver of a Toyota Corolla, which has a much smaller tank, would spend about $80.

Sustained prices at $6-$7 a gallon would have a dramatic economic impact, said Lynn Westfall, chief economist for Tesoro Corp. (TSO), an independent refiner based in San Antonio, Texas.

"If it sustains that for any amount of time, it will throw us into a recession, if we're not already in one," Westfall said. The first change will come from drivers who have the ability to switch to public transportation, he added.

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/Content.asp?ContentID=223730

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0h Lawd no!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I never thought I'd see the day..but dang! Unbelieveable! Well I work in the airline industry and the 120.00 barrel of oil prompted most of the airlines now for job cuts, layoffs, etc. A lot of people are going to lose their jobs, and with the economy the way it is, there's not alot of padding there. I hate to see what 200.00 barrel does to us!

I just signed an oil lease on some old family land up in North Dakota that we inherited from my grandfather, that supposedly is a very important oil discovery there and has alot of potential..I guess if they get oil on our land any part of my profit from it will go right back into the tank!

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Filed: Other Timeline
I never thought I'd see the day..but dang! Unbelieveable! Well I work in the airline industry and the 120.00 barrel of oil prompted most of the airlines now for job cuts, layoffs, etc. A lot of people are going to lose their jobs, and with the economy the way it is, there's not alot of padding there. I hate to see what 200.00 barrel does to us!

I just signed an oil lease on some old family land up in North Dakota that we inherited from my grandfather, that supposedly is a very important oil discovery there and has alot of potential..I guess if they get oil on our land any part of my profit from it will go right back into the tank!

Land leasing is going nuts in West Virginia. The courthouse record rooms are literally elbow-to-elbow with landmen and attorneys searching chain of title for companies looking to be the first to nab the heirs for a lease. Some companies are paying $2K to $3K per acre just for the leasing rights alone for properties along the Marsalis shale, even if they hit nothing.

It is rumored that gas prices may actually reach $10/gallon.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
It is rumored that gas prices may actually reach $10/gallon.

Good-bye 1st world prosperity....hello 2nd Great Depression :(

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can anything get any worse? My goodness! I heard on the news that it is almost a guarantee that it will hit $8 per gallon, here in california gas in about 4.25 some 4.45. Its a real pain!

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Do you guys actually see a lot of Hummers on the streets? I don't. Never have. Maybe 1-2 a year.

Come on down here. There are still lots of them. Not as bad as it was but there are still way too many.

I see them here as well but passing through. We have three christian missions which take them in for a time.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Do you guys actually see a lot of Hummers on the streets? I don't. Never have. Maybe 1-2 a year.

Over here it's mostly these: (and I'm still seeing many of them on my long commute from OC to LA)

range_rover_1.jpg

anzio-escalade.jpg

bzo_chopper_lincoln_navigator_1.jpg

Celebrities seem to spark the trends in fashion and pimped out SUV's are what's fashionable. I think that's changing though.