Islandwoman

Jamaican birth certificates - new vs old

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I see everyone is posting that they need to have the "new" version birth certificate for the interview process. But how do you tell whether you have the new version vs the old version? Anyone have a idea of the year they changed?

Thanks! (F)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I see everyone is posting that they need to have the "new" version birth certificate for the interview process. But how do you tell whether you have the new version vs the old version? Anyone have a idea of the year they changed?

Thanks! (F)

Hey Isley,

The new one is vertically read and blue and pink in color. If you Fiance is applying for a BC now or has done so in the last 6-9 months it should be the new one!

It looks like this...

birth.jpeg

Love ya and PM me if you have any other questions!

Bless-ed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks! (F)

Hey Isley,

The new one is vertically read and blue and pink in color. If you Fiance is applying for a BC now or has done so in the last 6-9 months it should be the new one!

It looks like this...

birth.jpeg

Bless-ed,

Gill

Thanks Chica!! That's a pretty looking one - much nicer than mine. His is from 2005 - probably not the right one.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline

Thanks! (F)

Hey Isley,

It looks like this...

birth.jpeg

Bless-ed,

Gill

Thanks Chica!! That's a pretty looking one - much nicer than mine. His is from 2005 - probably not the right one.

I know they are beautiful. I changed mine, not because I needed to, but I like the way this one looked. I'm glad I did it, when I went to get my residency stamp in Jamaica they asked for the newer version (even though they told me on the phone my old birthcertificate was fine).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.